Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax

Zurreco posted:

Lesh hs a stun and a slowing nuke and can kite well, but that's about all I've got. Lesh is not winning these games for coL, zfreek is.

I can't think of a worse normal spell than lightning storm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Remember when GranDGrant is a cancerous NA dota "personality" who says things like gook and human being, was banned from twitch, and is now paid to commentate with the summit and moonduck? good times.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
o_O

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Wings v EG tonight lads. Cant wait

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

steakmancer posted:

I can't think of a worse normal spell than lightning storm

Newerth's leshrac replaced it with a chain pull that yanked enemies towards the target, would dig that replacing lightning storm.

I don't really understand Lightning Storm's inclusion designwise; his skillset is pretty heavily about getting in deep and walking enemies to death, but then you have this meh ranged harass with a long cast time. Obviously this isn't to say "it has no use ever", just that it feels very out of place.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Neurolimal posted:

I don't really understand Lightning Storm's inclusion designwise; his skillset is pretty heavily about getting in deep and walking enemies to death, but then you have this meh ranged harass with a long cast time. Obviously this isn't to say "it has no use ever", just that it feels very out of place.

It slows the target's move speed by 75%, allowing you to get in close and walk them to death.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
VP vs IG starting!

https://www.twitch.tv/dotamajor

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
the fat loud guy with the annoying voice doing interviews is just the worst

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

It slows the target's move speed by 75%, allowing you to get in close and walk them to death.

Well sure, but so does Split Earth, and lightning storm feels like it takes forever to cast IMO

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Martout posted:

the fat loud guy with the annoying voice doing interviews is just the worst

Until we get Kaci again, he pulls the best answers from his subjects.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

Well sure, but so does Split Earth, and lightning storm feels like it takes forever to cast IMO

not like split earth also doesn't take forever to cast

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
was there an amazing spectacle of an opening ceremony???? just tuned in

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Elyv posted:

not like split earth also doesn't take forever to cast

it's also point target so if you aim it wrong then welp

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

It's like people forget 3-4 patches ago where lesh spamming lightning was the reality. Currently it got poo poo upon due to that and is not a good skill. Lesh is also one of the heroes that were created quite early I think and could have simply had a skill or standard wc3 ability thrown on him to complete the set. Silencer first appearance for instance had healing wave, starfall, warlock ulti and his ulti was that every attack silenced you for x seconds. Quite a long shot from the silencer of today.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

was there an amazing spectacle of an opening ceremony???? just tuned in

Just a hype video with some boston landscape and interviews with Lil and Q from igv

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
30 minute Mirana blademail seems uh questionable

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Can't wait for the nerf to Manta + Radiance.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
IG is playing so well

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Alchemist has no buyback because he invested in bitcoin.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Shadow Demon blink into Luna disruption good times.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Holy crap that fight. can't kill that alch.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
crowd reactions make dota so much better

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
lol IG just lost

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
fucken blew it, IG

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Eight buybacks in one extended fight.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Lifestealer eats the rich haha get hosed alch.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why are the ruskies ao good lately what is this 2013

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, IG

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Why did iGv dive like that in the end?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

Why are the ruskies ao good lately what is this 2013

it's CIS' turn for a TI

meanwhile I actually really like this single-elim format, it's exciting as hell, but I can understand that it's got to be totally nerve-wracking for the teams

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Good start to the main event

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Majuju posted:

it's CIS' turn for a TI

meanwhile I actually really like this single-elim format, it's exciting as hell, but I can understand that it's got to be totally nerve-wracking for the teams

whatever happened to funnik did he get comitted yet

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Weaver Aghs on the Lifestealer in their base that dropped him on top the Luna basically won VP the game

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Majuju posted:

it's CIS' turn for a TI

Personally I'm in favor of single-elim until at least there is a proper winners advantage in GF. I mean playing two sets like you do in Fighting games could be done if instead of playing one BO5 you play up to two BO3 since that could be done scheduling wise given that it is "only" 1 game more at most and then the team that stayed in winners has a proper advantage.

For single-elim can be said that pretty much every major sport has their decisions made either in a league format or in single elim. So if they want to approach a major sport like format then single elim is the way to go because people new to e-sports in general might not understand the need/want for double-elim.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Does anyone not like purge hes the kotlguy of analysts

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

The Weaver Aghs on the Lifestealer in their base that dropped him on top the Luna basically won VP the game

Weaver confirmed still best support carry, still way more fun to watch than naga

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Time for an insufferable slacks segment

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Ovo posted:

Time for an insufferable slacks segment

GO RED SOX

BEN AFFLECK NUMBER ONE

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Im in boston but without tickets but with a lockpicking set does anyone know what hotel they stay at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Hello I am here to remind you all that Arteezy will never win a Valve event. :colbert:

• Locked thread