Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Clawtopsy posted:

W-wassap! My homies!

This is beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Geronimo gets some pretty good mentions in this Rich Hall-yells-at-cloud movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmP3gGj9yjM

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I really wish we got to spend more time with Geronimo and Billy. I really liked Geronimo's logic of "I'm fighting to defend this place, because if I don't the death of my brothers was for nothing."

Billy didn't do much. Robin Hood owned. A great straight man.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Yeah they really let Robin show off his strengths as a tactical/stealth fighter this time around.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Robin Hood, Casually: Yeah, I just wiped out 60% of the enemy army. What about it?

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
The best part of E Pluribus is at the very end, you and Cuzerker have conversations inside the White House, but battles outside. So apparently in spite of the high tension of the moment, everyone quietly shuffles to and fro from Cu's office to the outside for fighting. No roughhousing indoors.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

Robin Hood, Casually: Yeah, I just wiped out 60% of the enemy army. What about it?

That is what Subversive Activities: Rank A does after all. :v:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Threw 30 into the banner in hopes for either Nightingale or Helena. Got Billy, NP2 Geronimo and a Vessel of the Saint. Okay. Now to wait for Medb.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gotta beat the story for Cu Alter right?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Correct, if you're willing to dive into the story gacha.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Vive la France!

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I don't get why you would go for Rama over Okita, like ever. I mean, unless you go for cute, in which case Rama is basically mandatory.
How many situations are out there where you need Ramas impressive burst? How many bosses exist that don't get instantly deleted by Okitas NP brave chain anyway? Meanwhile Okita does stuff outside that one burst window, thanks to far better cards and far better stats. She also doesn't need Hans and Leonidas to hold her hand to do poo poo.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Wuxi posted:

I don't get why you would go for Rama over Okita, like ever. I mean, unless you go for cute, in which case Rama is basically mandatory.
How many situations are out there where you need Ramas impressive burst? How many bosses exist that don't get instantly deleted by Okitas NP brave chain anyway? Meanwhile Okita does stuff outside that one burst window, thanks to far better cards and far better stats. She also doesn't need Hans and Leonidas to hold her hand to do poo poo.

Rama is a 4* that isn't a limited summon..? Did I miss something when trying to avoid spoilers, I don't think I saw anyone arguing that if you have both Okita and Rama you should raise Rama.

E: nevermind, I in fact did miss someone saying Rama was better a couple pages ago

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Mar 16, 2018

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
If I had Rama I would use him, Okita and Caesar for ST NP and crit fun times.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Gah, this event looks miserable. So many hit points. Looks like I'll get the utterly useless, MLB event CE after all. Just to keep my sanity.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

genericnick posted:

Gah, this event looks miserable. So many hit points. Looks like I'll get the utterly useless, MLB event CE after all. Just to keep my sanity.
Saber Wars? Yeah, the event CEs are pretty necessary to make the nodes even remotely manageable. But, I mean, that's kind of the point, they want you to work your way up the nodes gradually unlocking more CEs. That said it gets pretty fun once you get a whole bunch of them (as well as some Stars of Artoria) and deal out silly amounts of damage.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Saber Wars? Yeah, the event CEs are pretty necessary to make the nodes even remotely manageable. But, I mean, that's kind of the point, they want you to work your way up the nodes gradually unlocking more CEs. That said it gets pretty fun once you get a whole bunch of them (as well as some Stars of Artoria) and deal out silly amounts of damage.

You can beat the Galaxy class node with a lv90 swordselot and a whale friends Musashi. It just takes a lot of real world time.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
But I mean I think I waited on going to the last node (assuming it's similar in setup in this rerun) until like...halfway through the entire event? I waited until some MHXes with MLBed Stars of Artoria started appearing.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Wuxi posted:

Challenge quest bosses. Y'know, the ones where you actually do need to run a proper team instead of any random servants. You absolutely couldn't delete Dantes with an Okita NPQQ for example, the numbers just ain't there. Rama can make a much better go of it, by contrast.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

But I mean I think I waited on going to the last node (assuming it's similar in setup in this rerun) until like...halfway through the entire event? I waited until some MHXes with MLBed Stars of Artoria started appearing.

I wish I had done that. I'm never getting the time I wasted on doing that last node without any event CEs

Time to farm the damage boost CEs

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I am getting really bored and annoyed at the same two characters basically showing up constantly in almost every event or singularity, when some servants have only gotten like a single interlude of three fights to develop characters, while these two are around almost constantly.

Them showing up in America basically almost immediately drained my desire to keep playing the chapter because I know they're gonna hog the spotlight off the actual interesting servants introduced.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Stallion Cabana posted:

I am getting really bored and annoyed at the same two characters basically showing up constantly in almost every event or singularity, when some servants have only gotten like a single interlude of three fights to develop characters, while these two are around almost constantly.

Them showing up in America basically almost immediately drained my desire to keep playing the chapter because I know they're gonna hog the spotlight off the actual interesting servants introduced.

Chill dude, they're just comic relief

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stallion Cabana posted:

how dare these SLORES take screentime from such interesting characters as *squints at scribbled writing* bily

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Stallion Cabana posted:

Umu! Tamamo fan spotted. :v:

(I assume you're talking about Liz and Nero?)

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Umu! Tamamo fan spotted. :v:

(I assume you're talking about Liz and Nero?)

Yes. But I am not a Tamamo fan either. I'm just kind of bored of these two.

Why didn't Leonidas come as comic relief instead. Geronimo could freak him out with Ghost Stories.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gerard Butler is already busy playing five characters in this game and the Dantes event just ended cut him a break

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Liz had pretty bit roles in Orleans and Septem, and her getting dragged out so often is literally the gag here. As for Nero yeah she had Septem, but lol, Septem. But more to the point I'd say they do the opposite of hogging screentime since they're mostly there to give other characters something silly to play off of.

e: and honestly after stuff like loving mephisto basically being the secondary protagonist of KnK, I've been pretty impressed by their utilization of characters outside of those I already knew to be popular or new gold adds.

Motto fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 16, 2018

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

stallion cabana sucks

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Aurora posted:

stallion cabana sucks

Rude.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Liz has been doing this for three games now with a fourth almost certainly on the way; that ship has very much sailed.

They're not allowed to bring Leonidas back until they give him a second character trait. Bad as Liz is there is at least a conflict within her that her appearances very occasionally acknowledge, and they have at least three jokes for her even if they mostly use the singing one. Two out of three of Leonidas's appearances to date have been near word-for-word identical "Leonidas is scared of ghosts". The third only got as far as "Leonidas is". Their rubbish handling of him so far is the main thing that's put me off grailing him. :(

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

liz rules, actually

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hope y'all are prepared to skip every halloween event i guess

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

im fine with seeing her on halloween but would very much prefer it if i could generally go a year without seeing her.

at least america had a really good joke about it.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I threw most of my quartz into this banner, I think 150 total?

Five copies of Ideal King, one copy each of Geronimo and Billy, and a random Artemis/Orion.

Welp. I guess I'll put Helena on the 'maybe someday' 4* servant wantpile with Fran.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Motto posted:

Liz had pretty bit roles in Orleans and Septem, and her getting dragged out so often is literally the gag here. As for Nero yeah she had Septem, but lol, Septem. But more to the point I'd say they do the opposite of hogging screentime since they're mostly there to give other characters something silly to play off of.

e: and honestly after stuff like loving mephisto basically being the secondary protagonist of KnK, I've been pretty impressed by their utilization of characters outside of those I already knew to be popular or new gold adds.

Mephisto's story appearance in London was absolute garbage, though, so the KnK event was essentially his first real appearance.

People complain a lot about Septem, but it's a masterpiece compared to most of London.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Liz is good and other characters get their time in this game you babies

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Main Paineframe posted:

People complain a lot about Septem, but it's a masterpiece compared to most of London.

So this is what Madness Enhancement looks like...

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Main Paineframe posted:

Look I like Nero and I think Rome was the worst goddamn thing in this game.

Mostly because its ghost still haunts my gatcha pulls. Caesar and Boudica everywhere.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Suaimhneas posted:

So this is what Madness Enhancement looks like...

Nah, I think this is more along the lines of Mental Pollution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i cant believe this game has some characters i like and some i dont! gently caress!