Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Bremma posted:

So basically since I turned in the first bundle, my roommate can't see any of the other bundles (since they unlock incrementally as you start finishing them) so basically he can't see or help fill the other bundles unless we start doing them twice, which seems silly. We'll see how it irons out since while some aren't bad to do twice, we'd rather not have to do everything in duplicate. The current process of "I turn it all in" works OK for us.

Huh! That's a pretty brutal bug! We definitely have everything available to all of us.
Has your roommate spoken with the wizard? Maybe if you unlocked it before he joined there's some weirdness there? I dunno!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

LLSix posted:

Time not pausing during cutscenes is getting extremely awful. Visiting the wizard the first time eats an entire day.

Even worse, late night events like Linus digging in the trash cans would cause you to pass out when the clock hits 2am if you don't skip them.

it sounds like they didn't think this through all that well

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Well it is a beta. They'll probably get that fixed for release. Probably. Maybe.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Leal posted:

Can I cuck my friend?

someone answer this it is important information

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Johnny Joestar posted:

it sounds like they didn't think this through all that well

"beta," by definition, means "this isn't done and isn't ready for the public yet." If a beta is released to the public, it's because the dev(s) a) gave into public demand, b) need to drive preorders to make their sales goals, c) need a lot of playtest data very quickly, or some combination of a, b and c.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

funmanguy posted:

You can now make dinosaur mayo

Seems to make regular mayo still? :(

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Sade posted:

"beta," by definition, means "this isn't done and isn't ready for the public yet." If a beta is released to the public, it's because the dev(s) a) gave into public demand, b) need to drive preorders to make their sales goals, c) need a lot of playtest data very quickly, or some combination of a, b and c.

i mean. they directly said that was how it's supposed to work when it was put out there. it's not like it's a bug. it's just. really poorly thought out.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Poulpe posted:

Huh! That's a pretty brutal bug! We definitely have everything available to all of us.
Has your roommate spoken with the wizard? Maybe if you unlocked it before he joined there's some weirdness there? I dunno!

Yeah, he can see the first bundle set but unless he does another I don't know that it'll help. Im gonna a submit a bug report for it shortly to see what they can do.

Also i assume you CAN cuck your friends. We raced to see who got to Shane first (since he was one of two that you can maybe have 4 hearts with). I won and got the dance :haw:

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

i mean. they directly said that was how it's supposed to work when it was put out there. it's not like it's a bug. it's just. really poorly thought out.

They can still make design changes in response to beta feedback. But yeah, given all the bugs that exist, that a) seems doubtful and b) makes it look like it'll be a long transition from beta to release.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Maybe they should just kill the cut scenes in multiplayer.

edit: And then for situations involving choices just have them activated when you talk to the npc.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Yeah getting teleported with cutscenes is bad. My wife and I immediately realized ain't nobody got time for that and skip them immediately if we can.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Aww man first crash. The thunderstorm slowed the whole game down to a halt and crashed.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Turn based with included Chronological Paradox Detector, so the first player sees some seeds in the ground and someone has to purchase and plant them by the end of the day or the universe explodes.

Man, now I need to play some more ToME

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Leal posted:

Can I cuck my friend?

Are you friends with Clint?

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
For the love of God don't put down torches in multi-player. It destroyed our frame rates even after we popped them up. Just be safe we ctrl-alt-deleted and redid the day.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Demon_Corsair posted:

For the love of God don't put down torches in multi-player. It destroyed our frame rates even after we popped them up. Just be safe we ctrl-alt-deleted and redid the day.
Yeah, we had ridiculously bad several-seconds-per-frame slowdown with torches.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
That's odd, we have a few torches down on the farm with no problems.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
We played the first 20 days of spring and its been fun! The most obvious bug/problem is with the second player not seeing community center bundles and museum artifacts status properly unless they go inside the corresponding building. I mean the bundles work fine but you just can't see them.

Also some minor things like hearing other players actions from weird places and crab pots not letting me interact with them if the other person took care of them already.

Btw very useful thing: Host can pause the game by writing /pause in the chat.
Also you can "cheat" in fishing with this, you can finish the fishing attempt even while game is paused (much like in single player). I wonder if you can pause during cutscenes, that'd be useful.

DeadlyHalibut fucked around with this message at 13:30 on May 4, 2018

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I somehow duplicated the mayor's purple shorts so I'm now stuck with a pair of sparkly boxers that I can never get rid of

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Loaded up my old Year 5 save to buy Pam a house and ran into what I can only assume is a friendship event for Willy where he's been breeding crabs in his shop, of all things.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

CainsDescendant posted:

I somehow duplicated the mayor's purple shorts so I'm now stuck with a pair of sparkly boxers that I can never get rid of

Make them the centerpiece of your harvest festival showcase every year

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Poque posted:

This is the only correct answer and I can only hope the same happens in my game so I can do this.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Can you put them in the pot for the luau?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poil posted:

Can you put them in the pot for the luau?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Ha ha wow that's amazing.

Check out the bug report thread on the official forums (google). They have a list of stuff they've fixed and identified, I think a recent one fixed the lighting/shader problems. You might also want the host to drop lighting quality.

The bug list isn't nearly complete though, and the post says they're relying on frequency of reports in that one thread (and them stumbling onto the reports) to prioritize bugs. That means edge case crashes and environment specific things won't bubble up till they're all that's left to fix, but that's probably reasonable...get the egregious problems peeps can't stop screaming about out of the way. Some coordinated effort to rally a crowd of testers to validate and re report issues would be nice, but the reddit reporting thread seems to have died.

I'm really surprised at how many people in the steam discussions are raging about the shared wallet. Lots of "it should be easy to just offer the option to track earnings separately where's my feature" to which I lol. People are going so far as to track earnings in a notepad so they don't spend what's not theirs and getting mad at "friends" who "take my gold". I was thinking the easiest thing might be to have private wallets people can request to withdraw into at the end of the day that everyone would have to vote to approve. At night the vote wouldn't be invasive and still be "cooperative". Money'd come out of there first and maybe wipe every night so the saves don't have to track it. That way you don't have to make weird rules to hook into all the different sources of income.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

ILL Machina posted:

I'm really surprised at how many people in the steam discussions are raging about the shared wallet. Lots of "it should be easy to just offer the option to track earnings separately where's my feature" to which I lol. People are going so far as to track earnings in a notepad so they don't spend what's not theirs and getting mad at "friends" who "take my gold". I was thinking the easiest thing might be to have private wallets people can request to withdraw into at the end of the day that everyone would have to vote to approve. At night the vote wouldn't be invasive and still be "cooperative". Money'd come out of there first and maybe wipe every night so the saves don't have to track it. That way you don't have to make weird rules to hook into all the different sources of income.

If only there was a way to play the game such that you make your own individual earnings and don't share your money with anybody :thunk:

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
American fear of communism is deep-seated indeed.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

ILL Machina posted:

Ha ha wow that's amazing.

Check out the bug report thread on the official forums (google). They have a list of stuff they've fixed and identified, I think a recent one fixed the lighting/shader problems. You might also want the host to drop lighting quality.

The bug list isn't nearly complete though, and the post says they're relying on frequency of reports in that one thread (and them stumbling onto the reports) to prioritize bugs. That means edge case crashes and environment specific things won't bubble up till they're all that's left to fix, but that's probably reasonable...get the egregious problems peeps can't stop screaming about out of the way. Some coordinated effort to rally a crowd of testers to validate and re report issues would be nice, but the reddit reporting thread seems to have died.

It's funny and sad that people have such little trust of the people they invite to play a coop game with. Are these people inviting strangers?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Ha ha I know right? People were talking about wanting to do farm building races and "play independently" and the obvious reply is "uh...play two single players and take a screenshot".

I get the desire to set up a savings for a backpack or something without having to do subtraction and be worried about accidentally clicking one too many times. And since only the host can pause with the slash command, being able to do some cooperative budgeting when the game already pauses at night might be nice. I get that it's an unnecessary feature though, and I wouldn't begrudge them for never loving with it.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

ToastyPotato posted:

It's funny and sad that people have such little trust of the people they invite to play a coop game with. Are these people inviting strangers?

Yeah, this was a common reply I had to hold back. "Maybe you shouldn't play this game." "Make new friends." "You're doing it wrong."

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
my only complaint about shared wallet is that it feels too strong (lol) but I guess that's what the money multiplier was there for at game creation. Probably shoulda checked it, it's barely fall and we'll have iridium sprinklers soon :v:

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Yeah I could definitely see having fun in a 25% game. I get too rich too fast in solo as it is. I gotta assume it's even closer to the solo climb than 50% in a 2P because of the division of labor/duplication of stamina.

willing to settle
Apr 13, 2011

Poque posted:

I was amazed to find out recently that this actually does something. Game has so many cool little secrets.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Wait, the pants have grange value?

I must be confused.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

ILL Machina posted:

Wait, the pants have grange value?

I must be confused.

Not really; IIRC Lewis gets upset and has you disqualified, but gives you 750 tickets for your silence.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

That's wonderful.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm laughing at nerds being unable to play nicely with each other

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Even the chill nature or Stardew is no match for a neckbeard desperate to drop a slur.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

They should just change the name of MP Farms to communes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
the adventurers guild quest is bugged out, 0/10 slimes killed despite killing many, many slimes. My co-op partner had no problems getting their kills. i guess save editor time?