Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Give us the Platinum Spider-Gwyn game Activision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dias posted:

Matt has Cryme Tyme, Woolie has some episodes of FNF/SMS, Liam has Creepy Anime Bullshit, I'd just let Pat tie someone to a chair and force them to play FFXIV or something.

No I mean series targeted to destroy a specific person. The average CT episode reaches Woolie's Dead status by halfway. The others need something like that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will be fine with any of the following

Platinum Spider-Man game
Spider-Gwen game
Scarlet Spider Kaine Game
J. Jonah Jameson Telltale game

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

cmykjester posted:

Give us the Platinum Spider-Gwyn game Activision.

radioactive spider-gwyn

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Tae posted:

Matt, do you prefer doing long LPs or shortish LPs?

Depends on the game. But I would general prefer most LPS that are 20 ish parts or less.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Baal posted:

Does Activision still have the rights to Spider-Man games

Don't think so. Snark answer if they did we would see another spiderman game announced no? ( considering how many spiderman games there were)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Baal posted:

I will be fine with any of the following

Platinum Spider-Man game
Spider-Gwen game
Scarlet Spider Kaine Game
J. Jonah Jameson Telltale game

Dammit Baal, you know as well as I do that Kaine is done, he's in a hellhole of nothingness until someone wants to use him to be killed in an event. He was too precious for this world.

I think Marvel Games (or whatever division of Marvel it is that produces the Marvel Heroes and facebook/phone games) got the rights back somewhere around two years ago, with The Amazing Spider-man 2 game coming out on a technicality of it being based on the movie property, which Sony had the video game rights to. So.. gotta find Walt Disney's frozen head and beg him to get Platinum to make a Spider-Gwen game or play the Spider-man Auto Runner game.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 7, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think Activision would shovel out money for another Spider-Man game, but it being good? Probably not

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Dammit Baal, you know as well as I do that Kaine is done, he's in a hellhole of nothingness until someone wants to use him to be killed in an event. He was too precious for this world.

I don't care, he was beautiful and so was Agent Venom

God dammit Spider-Man was amazing for a while and it was so good to be a Spider-Man fan for like two years

All I have is Spider-Gwen now which is good, but it's not enough

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Kaine going out the way he did was bullshit.

gently caress Dan Slott.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Honestly, I liked ASM2 overall more than 1. They're both not great, and not nearly as good as SD.

I think Beenox is a good developer, they just need the proper amount of time and budget to do it right.

If you could combine the writing/dialog/side missions from Shattered Dimensions/ASM with the swinging from Spider-Man 2, and the combat from Web of Shadows....

That would be a loving game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It would be a really good loving game

Also no one ever mentions the music in SD it's really good

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is Spiderman rebooted? Last time I heard, he switched bodies with Doc Oc who then boned Aunt May and Peter died somehow.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It amazes me that they didn't just copy/paste the swinging from SM2 and made it the defacto swinging. It is so good.

I still have S3 for ps3 just for giggles. That intro QTE is never gonna not make me laugh.

*Misses QTE* I"m gonna die *boom*

edit: Nah he's back to his old body now, (no more Spock) so it's Peter again.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That was Superior Spider-Man and that's been done for a while now, it was stupid but it had its moments of being fun

Now Spider-Man is kinda back to status quo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also Spider-Man 3 on PS2 and Wii is a magical experience and is basically a simulator for game testers since that game has like 3 million bugs

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Baal posted:

That was Superior Spider-Man and that's been done for a while now, it was stupid but it had its moments of being fun

While Spock was hit and miss, I really liked the Superior Foes run. That was great.

DON'T MOCK THE SHOCKER

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
he has no style he has no grace
this matt guy has a funny face

dk is here

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Baal posted:

Now Spider-Man is kinda back to status quo

by kinda baal means he now owns his own megacorporation that sells stuff based off the spider-man gadgets he's made

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I still gotta try TASM2, I had my fair share of fun with the first one but then I finished it and was flabbergasted that it was literally over. In every sense of the word, swinging around the city was the only thing left to do for crime was over forever and ever.

Shindragon posted:

Kaine going out the way he did was bullshit.

gently caress Dan Slott.
I'd tattoo that on my body.

Baal posted:

I don't care, he was beautiful and so was Agent Venom

God dammit Spider-Man was amazing for a while and it was so good to be a Spider-Man fan for like two years

All I have is Spider-Gwen now which is good, but it's not enough

Read Silk, it's very fun and good as well. And Miles getting into 616 with altered history (namely his mom's still alive, which imo is the point where Bendis' USM run took a sharp dip in quality) might give Bendis the refuel he needs to make great Spidermenning stories. And there's always the .something issues, they've been fun diverse stories so far. Web Warriors is also fun. It's still a strong time to be a Spidey fan, and apparently Slott's current run in his fourth #1 is actually pretty okay (wouldn't know since there's so many comics I want to read that i'm just gonna get Marvel Unlimited and save money and effort)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Parker sucks so much it took Doc Ock to get him out of his lovely job with a boss that double hates him. what a great man

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Spider-Man is so weird because he's like the only major hero who actively has the status quo change to insane levels for major runs, not even side stories, major runs and then everything flips back to normal after he's done being body swapped or loving some malefic deity, or having an entire city of people gain his powers.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dias posted:

he has no style he has no grace
this matt guy has a funny face

dk is here

I did not see this coming.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I used to really like spider-man but then brand new day happened and then I stopped reading comic books.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

cmykjester posted:

I used to really like spider-man but then brand new day happened and then I stopped reading comic books.

I would've if Post-Brand New Day didn't give us some of the best Spider-Man poo poo ever

New Ways to Die, The Gauntlet, Grim Hunt, that poo poo was great

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I still gotta try TASM2, I had my fair share of fun with the first one but then I finished it and was flabbergasted that it was literally over. In every sense of the word, swinging around the city was the only thing left to do for crime was over forever and ever.

I'd tattoo that on my body.

Read Silk, it's very fun and good as well. And Miles getting into 616 with altered history (namely his mom's still alive, which imo is the point where Bendis' USM run took a sharp dip in quality) might give Bendis the refuel he needs to make great Spidermenning stories. And there's always the .something issues, they've been fun diverse stories so far. Web Warriors is also fun. It's still a strong time to be a Spidey fan, and apparently Slott's current run in his fourth #1 is actually pretty okay (wouldn't know since there's so many comics I want to read that i'm just gonna get Marvel Unlimited and save money and effort)

I will take this into consideration

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Baal posted:

Spider-Man is so weird because he's like the only major hero who actively has the status quo change to insane levels for major runs, not even side stories, major runs and then everything flips back to normal after he's done being body swapped or loving some malefic deity, or having an entire city of people gain his powers.

I (and a majority comic readers) call that Parker luck. :v:
Seriously anytime he gets a leg up they are like nope, gotta make him back to being single/teenager/not having a good stable job.

I mean goddamn sold his marriage to the devil (mephisto but pretty much is) so he could get aunt may back.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

That thing that Arin screwed up by not screwing up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngORPZj4wwY

When they started playing I immidatelty started to wonder "wait, is this...THAT game?" and when Matt said "Hey Arin, gently caress up the next prompt" ... :allears:

Until today, that clip is all I knew about Spiderman 3 the video game.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
What the thrust of this thread is telling you Matt is make SD happen

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Spider-Man hype is real

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Spider-Hype-Man

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

FFX was Woolie's choice, so I'll try to push SD next time around.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yessssssss

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
play fable 1

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

It's hosed up knowing that we'll never see Aracely again unless it's just to kill her off :negative:

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Force everyone to watch Liam play it. Maybe add drugs?

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Aracely and Kaine will come back and it will be the best comic in years. Don't tell me otherwise :negative:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

FauxGateau posted:

Force everyone to watch Liam play it. Maybe add drugs?

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Bloodborne finale made me ROF or as some say ROFL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Fable 1 is literally the most "eeeeeh it's OK I guess" game ever, please don't full LP this, Matt.

If there were to be a Week of Molyneux, on the other hand...