Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Same, but McDonalds.

:respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
I don't think I can be excited for this anymore... The atrocious graphics, wholesale gutting of RPG elements, incredibly stupid setting and insane inclusion of ridiculous things like base building just makes me sick, especially combined with how gameplay footage looks. I guess the shooting looks okay? I don't know how it is acceptable for an AAA game released in 2015 to have such poor quality... everything. With games like Witcher 3 already released, this game just looks awful in comparison. I guess they just waited too long to release it.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Hoodrich posted:

I don't think I can be excited for this anymore... The atrocious graphics, wholesale gutting of RPG elements, incredibly stupid setting and insane inclusion of ridiculous things like base building just makes me sick, especially combined with how gameplay footage looks. I guess the shooting looks okay? I don't know how it is acceptable for an AAA game released in 2015 to have such poor quality... everything. With games like Witcher 3 already released, this game just looks awful in comparison. I guess they just waited too long to release it.

:allears:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh jesus, the plot for this really is Fallout 3 but reverse

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Is it true that you play a character who lived through the apocalypse and if so why are there already super mutants everywhere?

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
how can you be so hysterical and affronted over bethesda's games being bethesda games

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Rinkles posted:

What do you mean? How different is it from before?

In FO1/2, energy weapons were late-game and thus plain better.

In NV, energy weapons only used three different, relatively common types of ammo, as opposed to high-end guns that used relatively rare ammo like .45-70, .50, 12.7, .45. Instead, they were more fragile. Lasers, plasma, and gauss/tesla also all had different stats and operated differently as weapons, beyond being generally upgrades.

FO4 makes the difference be what "type" you're using, so a *spits* laser musket is just like a pipe rifle, even making gun sounds. It's just whether you want gray, red, or green bullets. Merry Christmas.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
if you stop quoting effectronicas posts it will skitter back under the fridge to cry

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

frajaq posted:

Oh jesus, the plot for this really is Fallout 3 but reverse

Their games have actually become linearly worse since Morrowind which is a real accomplishment I guess.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Tommy Wiseau's lip syncing is surprisingly accurate.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
skyrim was oodles better than oblivion its just facts

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
if you think oblivion is a better game than skyrim you need to turn your freaking monitor on!!!

EDIT: BITCH!

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

circ dick soleil posted:

Tommy Wiseau's lip syncing is surprisingly accurate.

This character looks terrifying.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

The robot's emotional breakdown is hilarious

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

wiffle ball bat posted:

skyrim was oodles better than oblivion its just facts

Oblivion at least tried and had its charming moments, while Skyrim is so boring and soulless it's like dragging a concrete block through a swamp.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Effectronica posted:

In NV, energy weapons only used three different, relatively common types of ammo, as opposed to high-end guns that used relatively rare ammo like .45-70, .50, 12.7, .45. Instead, they were more fragile. Lasers, plasma, and gauss/tesla also all had different stats and operated differently as weapons, beyond being generally upgrades.

FO4 makes the difference be what "type" you're using, so a *spits* laser musket is just like a pipe rifle, even making gun sounds. It's just whether you want gray, red, or green bullets. Merry Christmas.

They're not identical. Enemies have different damage resistances to damage types now and different stats affect the different types of weapons. A radiation gun would be governed intelligence perks and do nothing to a ghoul for instance.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Hoodrich posted:

Oblivion at least tried and had its charming moments, while Skyrim is so boring and soulless it's like dragging a concrete block through a swamp.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way about Skyrim v Oblivion

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Effectronica posted:

Ammo's still different, right?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Hoodrich posted:

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Zombies' Downfall posted:

if you think oblivion is a better game than skyrim you need to turn your freaking monitor on!!!

EDIT: BITCH!

ok i turned my monitor on but this happened???

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Trustworthy posted:

Is it true that you play a character who lived through the apocalypse and if so why are there already super mutants everywhere?

In Fallout 4, your character enters a Vault ( An installation designed to perform various experiments on mankind while the Earth recovers from the eponymous Fallout ) before the nuclear apocalypse. He or she is then cryogenically frozen until the time period of the game.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

7c Nickel posted:

They're not identical. Enemies have different damage resistances to damage types now and different stats affect the different types of weapons. A radiation gun would be governed intelligence perks and do nothing to a ghoul for instance.

Listen to yourself. "Radiation gun." Can't you see that the sickness is inside you?

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Hoodrich posted:

In Fallout 4, your character enters a Vault ( An installation designed to perform various experiments on mankind while the Earth recovers from the eponymous Fallout ) before the nuclear apocalypse. He or she is then cryogenically frozen until the time period of the game.

Oh okay. I saw some footage where he went into his Vault and then he was roaming the streets with dead bodies everywhere so I assumed that he just took a quick nap or something.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
I'm not gonna say the graphics are groundbreaking or anything, but they definitely not terrible.

Faces and lipsyncing are dogshit though.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Hoodrich posted:

oblivion had a handful of ok quests but it looked and played like poo poo

skyrim had no good quests but it had atmosphere and mostly currentish gen graphics and better gameplay like yelling a guy off a mountain.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Rinkles posted:

Ammo's still different, right?

That was a New Vegas thing, so who knows. Don't think I've seen any room for it on the videos I've watches.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

The Droid posted:

I thought I was the only one who felt this way about Skyrim v Oblivion

Oblivion is kinda garbage while Morrowind was cool because it was in a unique setting while Skyrim is way better than Oblivion as long as you don't spend your time doing any of the main quests. That's my hot take on this pressing issue.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
fo4 has floppy hair, i think i may preorder

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

wiffle ball bat posted:

role play as john romero conirmed

I wish this stream wasnt so laggg. It looks kind of fun but its unwatchable :(

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

wiffle ball bat posted:

oblivion had a handful of ok quests but it looked and played like poo poo

skyrim had no good quests but it had atmosphere and mostly currentish gen graphics and better gameplay like yelling a guy off a mountain.

What atmosphere is that? I'm genuinely curious how you think the game managed to have more "atmosphere" than Oblivion where you enter Hell and try to save the world from Satan.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
He gave the dog a green dress but it didn't equip it. gently caress THIS GAME.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
HATE NEWSPAPER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l82rkfeWlFU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Meowbot posted:

role play as john romero conirmed

I wish this stream wasnt so laggg. It looks kind of fun but its unwatchable :(

I could carry the frames by hand faster than this stream

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

bloodychill posted:

Oblivion is kinda garbage while Morrowind was cool because it was in a unique setting while Skyrim is way better than Oblivion as long as you don't spend your time doing any of the main quests. That's my hot take on this pressing issue.
Skyrim is way better than Oblivion because of [incoherent].

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

"hey dogmeat do you know any tricks" *dogs stands up in a really awkward animation*

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

wiffle ball bat posted:

Waiting for floppy dick mod for Dogmeat. Hey does Slof mod for Fallout or is that just Elder Scrolls?

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Hoodrich posted:

What atmosphere is that? I'm genuinely curious how you think the game managed to have more "atmosphere" than Oblivion where you enter Hell and try to save the world from Satan.

go away troll

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

lmfao

ants on my cum rag
Sep 2, 2011

"Oh God you got the spray gun, DO NOT LOSE IT, you seriously better not screw this up, I'm not kidding"
~~The Battle Hymn of the Contra Tiger Mother~~

this is cool and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

wiffle ball bat posted:

ok i turned my monitor on but this happened???

• Locked thread