Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/forestillusion/status/1108489934199914496?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://twitter.com/frankcifaldi/status/1108529011716546561

lol

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Thanks Shitman!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Me need to add 16:9 aspect ratio and super sai 20x filtering to nesticle so Bob can stream retro games the way they were intended

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

Me need to add 16:9 aspect ratio and super sai 20x filtering to nesticle so Bob can stream retro games the way they were intended

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

In Training posted:

well i couldnt really find anybody bitching about NT so I bought it on Switch. Cant wait to sink 100 hours into anotehr version of this game

Im nervouse about using a game pad to play it....

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Although it can't be more of a hinderance than my 10+ second reflexes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I only played it with a game pad on steem

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Same here. The Joycon sticks are a little small but the pro controller (which I use on pc anyway) is great

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I thought Nuclear Throne was rear end even on PC, if that helps any.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Im nervouse about using a game pad to play it....
I've always played it with my DS3 on PC, I love the twin stick controls

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I admire Andrew's restraint

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I want to just say that “Baba is You” is a really low level game but it is also one of the more challenging and fun games I have ever played.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Supposedly there may be two hardware revisions of the switch coming. One being an upgrade and the other a budget version that sounds like portable only.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

nintendo rumors are dog poo poo

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

looking forward to buying two new Nintendos Switch

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I can understand Nintendo wanting to make a cheaper, portable only version with the death of the 3DS which has been their cash cow for the past decade, but it's so inherently counter to the concept of the Switch thar I can't ever see it happening. A console without joycons segments the software compatibility too heavily. Any game that has local multiplayer, which is a big focus of a lot of games developed for the system, becomes incompatible.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

making a lower budget switch in a different size without removeable joycons for children seems like a silly move while theyre still make new labo kits also aimed at children but what do i know, im not a micheal pachter clone writing for the wall street journal

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

doug bowser is already plotting Nintendo's demise from within!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They also can't change the form factor unless they're gonna make people buy new docks too.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I don’t get the budget option either given that the console isn’t that expensive.

I figured they would release new hardware but like the 3ds where it just improves on the original design and phases out the first gen/makes that a cheaper option.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

also i got labo cheap at target and its kinda amazing

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

People are forgetting that they made a 3DS without 3D, they'll absolutely make a Switch that doesn't switch. I find that far more likely than the upgraded model but maybe they'll do both.

They've mentioned that they want to sell multiple switches to the same family and a portable only one would make that more likely. And if they're gonna do it they'll want to do it this year before the new Pokémon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh yeah that reminds me to start looking up fake Pokémon images again

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah the handheld only switch sounds real to me. i still don't believe they would do a Pro in the same sense as PS4 that's just wishful thinking from the digital-foundry-watching crowd

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I mean they did the 3dsxl, they were doing pointless console hardware upgrades before sony/Microsoft

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Aren't there a few games that require you to remove the joycons though?

Also a smaller version wouldn't be compatible with Labo

While Nintendo does make money on hardware revisions, it's something stupid like $6 so they usually only do it for other reasons like a faster cpu on the n3ds to sell snes games or the DSi to have an eshop

I'm guessing if they do make a revision it would be a pro version where the dock actually has an external gpu in it so games look much better in TV mode instead of just a little better. Or I could be talking out of my rear end.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

The 3ds revisions also came with much better screens so it makes sense for a portable system more than a home theatre based one where you can’t really do too much

The yoshi game is coming this week, anyone getting it? My wife liked the demo a lot.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

you'll just have to buy joycons separately to play 1-2 switch or whatever on the handheld switch

they're not going to let the existence of labo prevent them from making more money on hardware

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

it would be cool if they added a 3D screen to the switch and made the touch screen worked with a stylus. hell, if they slapped a second screen on there as well, i'd probably spring for the upgrade.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

grinch theory ruined lives and destroyed friendships. please tread carefully..

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Spoderman posted:

it would be cool if they added a 3D screen to the switch and made the touch screen worked with a stylus. hell, if they slapped a second screen on there as well, i'd probably spring for the upgrade.

yea same

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Tales of Woe posted:

you'll just have to buy joycons separately to play 1-2 switch or whatever on the handheld switch

they're not going to let the existence of labo prevent them from making more money on hardware

I'm pretty sure they're just gonna say "if you want to play those games/use labo buy the full size model" lol

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

my morning jackass posted:

The yoshi game is coming this week, anyone getting it? My wife liked the demo a lot.

i'm grabbing it but i'm worried that having to stop to shoot is going to make the game too...? not simple or easy since it's already a kids game but like I enjoyed the platforming in woolly world and feel like some of the better hard challenges relied on you being able to simultaneously infinitely float while shooting eggs and platforming.

it already feels weird that you can't spit out enemies and it automatically turns them into an egg if you try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

White Genocide posted:

grinch theory ruined lives and destroyed friendships. please tread carefully..

elf help book posted: