Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Any idea what time the park reservation system goes live tomorrow? 7am eastern like the dining/FP reservations?

Yep 7 am Eastern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
The website is not coping under the weight of people trying to get reservations, it seems.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Doesn't it frequently crash at 7AM, just from the normal weight of people trying to get fastpasses for their checking+10?

I'm not sure what they expected to happen when they released 3 months of reservations all at once.

(Also yeah I'm stuck on the just a moment page too).

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Anyone get in yet? Still sitting on the 'Just a moment' page since 7am.

Took 2.5 hours or so of bouncing around queues but I finally got in and got what I needed.

Thought I'd post the direct URL for the reservations: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-reservations/

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 22, 2020

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Managed to snag a few days' of reservations for Labor Day weekend. I can cancel my resort up to a week without issue so we'll see if things are relatively safe by then.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

Managed to snag a few days' of reservations for Labor Day weekend. I can cancel my resort up to a week without issue so we'll see if things are relatively safe by then.

While it would be nice, I somehow really doubt it.

But if you do get to go, wave at Carousel of Progress for me :smith:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

2021 Disney packages are bookable tomorrow.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
layoffs at universal today....weird

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
WELP it was nice knowing you all. :(

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

WELP it was nice knowing you all. :(

This needs more context to help us determine which of the dozens of new/ongoing dumpster fires you’re referring to.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Lowtax beats women / mods

Do we have a discord

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I'm down for a Discord

Im also on the Podcast the Ride facebook group (and patreon), but facebook is also evil so who knows how long that will last

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I made a channel if peeps want to join

https://discord.gg/tHAWpNg

Empress Brosephine fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jun 24, 2020

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Empress Brosephine posted:

I made a channel if peeps want to join

Listed on the Goon Network Directory?
https://goondiscordnetwork.com

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Should be now yeah

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

edit: I'm a big stupid dummy who is bad at things

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 24, 2020

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
Splash Mountain retheme announced:

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/06/25/disneyland-and-disney-world-to-remake-splash-mountain-with-princess-and-the-frog-theme/

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/06/new-adventures-with-princess-tiana-coming-to-disneyland-park-and-magic-kingdom-park/

Atricks fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jun 25, 2020

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Good

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Man I'm gonna miss that original theme because the ending is so pretty. but I am definitely here for this and it might even get me back on the ride.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How do you do :qq:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Owns. Disboard tears are going to sustain me through this pandemic and year.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Splash is my wife’s favorite ride, so she’ll be really sad if she can’t ride it one more time before the change. The change makes sense, though, and we certainly aren’t complaining.

That being said...let me know when they change the explicitly racist parts of the park like Peter Pan.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Louis on the boat with Frozen level animatronics is going to be killer

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

My first ever Disney World ride. We got stuck under the opossums and my wife thought it would ruin the parks for me forever :(

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Nottherealaborn posted:

Splash is my wife’s favorite ride, so she’ll be really sad if she can’t ride it one more time before the change. The change makes sense, though, and we certainly aren’t complaining.

That being said...let me know when they change the explicitly racist parts of the park like Peter Pan.

It's a start and it's in talks. so is small world's problematic versions, apparently.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

it's a disgrace that they didn't go Emperor's New Groove for Pull the lever, Kronk! before the final drop

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

actually all is forgiven if they put a quick service place for beignets near it

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I think the ride will be great with a Princess and the Frog theme.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

fuckin yikes

https://twitter.com/shawngorlando/status/1276209983382790144

if we want to hand wring about this, them saying (a couple times!) in the information we have that it's set after the last kiss is super weird, since it means no frogs, no facilier, and no Ray. I'd be happier with a straight retelling than the Frozen Ever After style excuse to sing all the songs, I think, but honestly that last scene is going to be phenomenal so who cares.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

WDWNT is like white male fragility distilled to a pure essence.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Hahaha the desecration of splash mountain.

There's a food cart that's never open from adventureland to frontierland. There's tortuga loving tavern that's never open. GIVE US IN-PARK BEIGNETS.

E: If you guys get caught in arguments with regard to Frontierland; Princess and the Frog is set in 1926. The end of the last Native American war movement in the "old west" was 1924. It is absolutely applicable for Frontierland, it's just a later era than BTMR.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Someone on wdwmagic is literally defending slavery.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

LOL disboard never lets me down....

quote:

This is disgraceful.

quote:

I'll proudly stand in the minority here and say I'm extremely disappointed with this news. It amazes me how PC this country has become. People get offended by being offended now.

Remember; just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right. And that goes for whether or not you like singing Zip a dee doo da (which I KNOW 90% of "die hard" Disney fans enjoy) or whether or not you think dole whips are better than churros. It's either all or nothing. This whole pick and choose what I'm offended by safety bubble this world currently lives in is laughable.

I for one will continue to display my Splash Mountain merch on my WDW shrine!

quote:

Sorry - this is STUPID and pandering.

quote:

So should we continue calling the resort Walt Disney World then? Or should it be changed to Disney IP World?

quote:

Ridiculous

quote:

not happy about this. at. all. I'm old school Disney - sorry CLASSICS ARE CLASSICS.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Zero One posted:

Someone on wdwmagic is literally defending slavery.

Gotta post that...

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Looks like it was deleted but it was basically "Slavery is a normal part of human history". And "white people have been slaves too".

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

The only one I would be worried about is the Tiki Room, I love that kistchy place :(:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

The only one I would be worried about is the Tiki Room, I love that kistchy place :(:

Even though I'm an enormous tiki room fan, I do wanna point out it has some not-so-great vibes in terms of culture and whatnot, too. It's a lot lighter than the "what made the red man red" poo poo, but it's still there. If they did a gentle facelift and removed it, I would be totally cool with that.

I would also probably be really cool with a Moana touchup to it, too, if it wasn't Under New Management.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I have no love for Princess and the Frog as a movie (It's boring), but if it pisses off a ton of people, then I'm down.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

GIVE US IN-PARK BEIGNETS.

gently caress

YES

The Beignets are one of the many reasons why Port Orleans is the best resort.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

The worst part of the Tiki Room is the preshow, imo. Where all the 'Gods' are basically reduced to bad jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
carousel of progress and tom sawyer island are absolutely the next things going away imho

reminder to join our discord if SA dies :