Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
gently caress Batman

Edit, that's a hell of a snipe, I think Teen Titans will be worse than anything on the CW, and I say this as someone who thinks Legends of Tomorrow is ridiculous in all of the wrong ways.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Sep 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dacap posted:

LOL. This is the exact problem the Defenders had. You have to put all the characters in costume or none of them. Having three people in street clothes with one guy in superhero tactical gear looks ridiculous. All of them having brightly died hair except Robin just makes him stand out more. He looks like a character from a different show got lost trying to find the set.

Looks like a cosplayer posing with a couple of edgy teens and a Rihanna backup dancer.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
This is a series that looks like it came during the Smallville era and is supposed to kickstart the DC Streaming Service

They better have some drat good comics in there.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Starfire looks like she just wandered off the set of The Deuce.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
And Raven off the set of The Professional

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Beast Boy looks like a Scott Pilgrim boyfriend. I think it's the smirk.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Raven being a tiny baby is weirding me out.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bruceski posted:

Beast Boy looks like a Scott Pilgrim boyfriend. I think it's the smirk.

He is giving me some Matthew Patel teas for sure

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I just want them to not gently caress up the Doom Patrol. But I expect them to.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
At least the Doom Patrol costumes look great so far. There's not a single thing about Titans that looks even halfway decent.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Dacap posted:

LOL. This is the exact problem the Defenders had. You have to put all the characters in costume or none of them. Having three people in street clothes with one guy in superhero tactical gear looks ridiculous. All of them having brightly died hair except Robin just makes him stand out more. He looks like a character from a different show got lost trying to find the set.

Mother of Christ....

This looks like absolute rear end.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

pubic works project posted:

Mother of Christ....

Granted, the only thing that looks worse than an EW photoshoot is an EW cover shot. I've watched stuff that looked worse, but the trailer just killed any interest for me and this isn't getting it back.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

pubic works project posted:

Mother of Christ....

Here.

Absolute rear end was my favourite MAX title.

:colbert:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Here.

Absolute rear end was my favourite MAX title.

:colbert:

You're thinking of rear end MAX, Absolute rear end is the large format prestige printing of it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
In defense of Titans

Everything looks bad in EW photo shoots

Everything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress Batman.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dexo posted:

In defense of Titans

Everything looks bad in EW photo shoots

Everything.

No idea what you're talking about

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Elizabeth Tulloch from Grimm has been cast as Tiny Lois Lane

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

And Amell's wife is playing, *checks notes* Nora Fries??
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1040691663344152577

What is it with them casting wives as characters named Nora?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

howe_sam posted:

Why is Nora Fries going to appear if Mr. Freeze isn't involved?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Setup? There is no Mr. Freeze if Nora is still healthy.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Setup? There is no Mr. Freeze if Nora is still healthy.

You got me there.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Presumably Victor is the one who gets ill and Nora becomes Freeze while trying to cure him. :v:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

howe_sam posted:

"SAVE ... NORA!!!"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

Presumably Victor is the one who gets ill and Nora becomes Freeze while trying to cure him. :v:

You say that jokingly but the first thing I thought after reading that was "oh so Victor's in the tube, huh"

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

She and Killer Frost will have a lot to talk about

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I know Arrow has always just been CW Batman, but have they finally dropped all pretenses? Does he have a butler yet?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Maybe in Supergirl's earth Batman fixed Nora Fries but Victor still commits crimes because he's a jerk.

I honestly cannot believe 10 years of continued MCU/CW DC TV success that has nothing but characters in costumes that are accurate to their comic counterparts that there's still people out their producing Superhero shows where the thinking is "no one wants to see super heroes in their actual costumes! That just looks silly!'

If these people made Dr Strange, he'd be in like a sport coat and jeans.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

I know Arrow has always just been CW Batman, but have they finally dropped all pretenses? Does he have a butler yet?

Does bodyguard/best friend/brother Diggle count?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
So, what's the over under on Teen Titans being worse than Inhumans? Iron Fist season 1?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, what's the over under on Teen Titans being worse than Inhumans? Iron Fist season 1?

I am convinced it's going to be as bad as the worst of Smallville.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

bunnyofdoom posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it may, in fact, be even worse. It may be Birds of Prey tier. I mean it holds a special gay place in my heart but dear lord was that trash.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
So, uh, when it goes live, someone give me the drunk hatewatch thread link?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

I am convinced it's going to be as bad as the worst of Smallville.

Whoa. That's really bad.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

gently caress the Red-Blue Blur.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

That makes sense if she's going to be a Batwoman villain.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Do we know if Batwoman is going to be a Star City native or from Gotham, or like part of Supergirl's universe?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

She's from Gotham, but we still don't know which universe. Though if Clark and Lois are involved you have to think it's Earth-38

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

First look at Sabrina
https://twitter.com/sabrinanetflix/status/1040238679699206144?s=19

Phone posting so haven't watched the teaser l.