Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

And for some actual stupid music poo poo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Shugojin posted:

We're gunna start identifying nazis by the bruises on the insides of their right thighs
e: wait is that even what it is I can't tell

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
when you bought a swastika guitar but the only song you know is basket case by green day

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
He should learn some Dead Kennedys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MkRuV0aCcI

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cJCvce05YI&t=121s

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gUoOPidAtw

sout
Apr 24, 2014

yeah that sure was some jammy showcasing

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

There's gonna be a great product advisory about not playing it naked and inadvertently jamming your dick inside the mechanism.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

a lot of soft nerd tummies are going to get pinched after that thing goes on sale from thinkgeek

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

stillvisions posted:

There's gonna be a great product advisory about not playing it naked and inadvertently jamming your dick inside the mechanism.

If the guitar is hanging low enough to snap a dick then they're probably crabwalking too so it'll be doing the genepool a favour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E77C26iK9Bs

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

That's just regular stupid poo poo. MODS!!!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol Fender's like naaaw.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Lol Fender's like naaaw.

mexican fenders are the poo poo :colbert:

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Lol Fender's like naaaw.

I was pondering a Gibson; I think it's time to start considering that Telecaster.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I don't want to politically derail, but I have to ask, why specifically are they posing in front of guitars?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Are micro-drumkits, cajons and percussion kits Stupid Music poo poo? I've been inkling to play drums lately and L&M is doing their Attic Sale next weekend; there's a pretty good deal on some of these that I might pick up alongside a 6" LP micro-snare... which got me thinking about getting a cajon and a pedal for it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9JXvSGrq-c

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

So what event put the Trumpster in a room with a handful of Gibsons?

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

This was for an exhibit of products made in the USA. So I couldn't make an Orange Amplifiers joke.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

^^^^^

Yeah that

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...hemade-america/

Makes sense after Gibsons bitchy government series

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Snowy posted:

^^^^^

Yeah that

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...hemade-america/

Makes sense after Gibsons bitchy government series

gibson has been a trash company ever since their current management took over

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Gringostar posted:

gibson has been a trash company ever since their current management took over
Aren't Heritage guitars the closest thing to old-school Gibson Les Paul and ES-335's that you can consistently get without playing roulette?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Wark Say posted:

Aren't Heritage guitars the closest thing to old-school Gibson Les Paul and ES-335's that you can consistently get without playing roulette?

Yes. They are super nice, and made in the old Gibson factory in Kalamazoo, MI (my hometown!).

Only downsides are that the headstock is weird looking, and they cost about the same as a real Gibson.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dirt posted:

Yes. They are super nice, and made in the old Gibson factory in Kalamazoo, MI (my hometown!).

Only downsides are that the headstock is weird looking, and they cost about the same as a real Gibson.
Oh, word! :)

A friend saved up enough moolah and bought himself one of them Black Beauty-looking Heritages a few years ago. He swears by it the same way I swear by my Larrivée RS-2. I'm guessing that a lot of original dudes from Gibson's heyday stayed with Heritage, which explains why his guitar sings like a mo'fo.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

They let their les paul cutaway droop a bit and the double cut looks so weird to me.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

The Heritage headstock is a better design from a string angle at the nut standpoint.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

They look a lot better than the awkwardly huge Gibson headstock too

StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008
Every headstock on every guitar needs to have the Shape of a Fender Electric XII no exceptions.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

StickySweater posted:

Every headstock on every guitar needs to have the Shape of a BC Rich Warbeast no exceptions.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

This on a Martin dread

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Anime Reference posted:

When I was in high school one of my friends had a DOD Death Metal that I thought was just the poo poo. Wonder what I'd think of one if I heard it now.

you would immediately realise that this is the perfect time to start a harsh noise project

Shugojin posted:

honestly this would be a pretty funny instrument in like a joke shitcore band or whatever.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Is father john misty my generation's michael buble?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I've never heard his music and I feel weird about that

Maybe it's a good thing idk he looks handsome tho

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

gently caress you, Honeybear.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

I've never heard his music and I feel weird about that

Maybe it's a good thing idk he looks handsome tho

You know the guy that really likes The Beatles?

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

well why not posted:

Ozzy Osbourne?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Father John Misty is the final form of the busker that performs 80% of the way to being a Lennon impersonator.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

well why not posted:

Me?

that sounds ew though. I knew he would be a deep quirky enigma of talent type. But if you want that why not listen to Elliott Smith because he owns and everyone should listen to Smith instead of bad poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Famous boutique pedal maker sells a handmade version of their famous Purple Plexi for $220. This is basically "my first pedal kit" build quality with the added bonus that they put black epoxy on some parts so... we couldn't figure out what they are I guess? It kind of looks like they sanded down the top of the IC, too, loooool.

To be clear: this pedal is fine, it's just not worth more than $100. Anyhow, you can make your own with only 18 components and some veroboard: http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2011/02/lovepedal-purple-plexi-800.html

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 16, 2017

• Locked thread