Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
Turning on tweet notifications for this when I've been at home has been a gamechanger
https://twitter.com/VendorEngrams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Slanderer posted:

Turning on tweet notifications for this when I've been at home has been a gamechanger
https://twitter.com/VendorEngrams

Does this mean the vendor will sell 300 light gear even if you aren't at 300 light yet?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

RCarr posted:

Does this mean the vendor will sell 300 light gear even if you aren't at 300 light yet?

Lol nope

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
No

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RCarr posted:

Destiny Motto:

By the time you get it, you don't need it

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

el B posted:

Lol nope

So what's the big deal then? (I don't play this game much I'm only up to 280 light)

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

RCarr posted:

So what's the big deal then? (I don't play this game much I'm only up to 280 light)

It's useful for getting 300 engrams so that you can bring the gear you *actually* want to use up to 305 (especially if you have a few different builds you switch between)

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
People who are already 300 who want better rolls / fashion

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Here is why Destiny 2 is a legit Bad Game

Took today off for a long weekend and saw that Xur had Sweet Business, a gun that has eluded me via RNG.

I drop into Titan on my Titan to buy it.

Sweet Business is extremely good. I'm having fun. Let's shoot stuff and do things, I think. I'll crank out the flashpoint and clan contribution before I gotta head out, in hopes of getting a 300 AR to upgrade it.

I try to find kill and salvage bounties, as the only ones worth doing are kill and salvage, just like D1 before that was patched. They take half the time and can be done while getting more important poo poo finished. Not great design here, and something that was fixed in D1.

Unfortunately because I have a Titan resource ghost, there are a billion icons on the screen and they are all the triangle one. Bungie somehow thought that having salvage bounties, salvage drops and local resources all sharing the same icon was fine. To add insult to injury, using a resource ghost means I immediately bump into the resource lockout, so the ghost is not only annoying, it's basically worthless.

Just a fantastic experience, actively fighting multiple systems to try and have fun. I unequip the ghost.

I'm also picking up Cayde stash chests, because I'm here so I might as well. Oh those have lockout as well. I lose a stash. And since a bunch of them are in the Solarium, I get to go to the big wasted space where my bounties don't work and there are no bounties, which sucks because it's a neat looking area they wasted.

Eventually I finish enough poo poo to get the clan milestone and flash points done. Before I leave, I go to Sloan as I'm hoping to get the hilarious armor. Unfortunately it's behind pure token RNG so I don't get what I'm looking for and can't see a path to ever getting it in a reasonable time. Not a great feeling getting underleveled Hoosegows and ARs or whatever.

Time to go to the tower. Somehow I've accrued 5 engrams, 4 purps and a yellow. The purps turn into lower light versions of poo poo I already have, so instant shred without even thinking. The yellow turns into sythocepts, which are literally the thing I got from my previous yellow engram. Good poo poo.

My clan engram, nightfall clan engram, and flashpoint engram do not give me any items in a slot where I need to infuse something up. I got 2 fusions, 2 shotguns, and a set of gloves.

Luckily Zavala is distributing 300 engrams, because for some reason the vendors give 295-300 randomly at half hour intervals. He gives me an origin story, so I 300 my Sweet Business and immediately log off my Titan for the week.

It seriously feels like if I'm not fighting a system for being bugged or annoying, it's a system that feels totally unsatisfying and unrewarding. I eventually got what I originally wanted via pure RNG on top of the timed vendor RNG.

You can have fun playing a Bad Game, and hell I have, but JFC Bungie.

Also the last three times I've come here you guys have gotten my order wrong and forgotten to include ketchup, can we get that right this time?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Waffle House posted:

If anyone in Bone Zone can invite someone, Captain Log posted earlier itt about needing a clan.

We can totally get him into the PS4 ones for free engrams, but I feel like he'd otherwise have a disappointing experience:

You can add him to the team but he'll be on the DL the entire time

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Took today off for a long weekend and saw that Xur had Sweet Business, a gun that has eluded me via RNG.

Sweet Business is extremely good. I'm having fun. Let's shoot stuff and do things, I think. I'll crank out the flashpoint and clan contribution before I gotta head out, in hopes of getting a 300 AR to upgrade it.

I try to find kill and salvage bounties, as the only ones worth doing are kill and salvage, just like D1 before that was patched. They take half the time and can be done while getting more important poo poo finished. Not great design here, and something that was fixed in D1.

Unfortunately because I have a Titan resource ghost, there are a billion icons on the screen and they are all the triangle one. Bungie somehow thought that having salvage bounties, salvage drops and local resources all sharing the same icon was fine. To add insult to injury, using a resource ghost means I immediately bump into the resource lockout, so the ghost is not only annoying, it's basically worthless.

Just a fantastic experience, actively fighting multiple systems to try and have fun. I unequip the ghost.

I'm also picking up Cayde stash chests, because I'm here so I might as well. Oh those have lockout as well. I lose a stash. And since a bunch of them are in the Solarium, I get to go to the big wasted space where my bounties don't work and there are no bounties, which sucks because it's a neat looking area they wasted.

Eventually I finish enough poo poo to get the clan milestone and flash points done. Before I leave, I go to Sloan as I'm hoping to get the hilarious armor. Unfortunately it's behind pure token RNG so I don't get what I'm looking for and can't see a path to ever getting it in a reasonable time. Not a great feeling getting underleveled Hoosegows and ARs or whatever.

Time to go to the tower. Somehow I've accrued 5 engrams, 4 purps and a yellow. The purps turn into lower light versions of poo poo I already have, so instant shred without even thinking. The yellow turns into sythocepts, which are literally the thing I got from my previous yellow engram. Good poo poo.

My clan engram, nightfall clan engram, and flashpoint engram do not give me any items in a slot where I need to infuse something up. I got 2 fusions, 2 shotguns, and a set of gloves.

Luckily Zavala is distributing 300 engrams, because for some reason the vendors give 295-300 randomly at half hour intervals. He gives me an origin story, so I 300 my Sweet Business and immediately log off my Titan for the week.

It seriously feels like if I'm not fighting a system for being bugged or annoying, it's a system that feels totally unsatisfying and unrewarding. I eventually got what I originally wanted via pure RNG on top of the timed vendor RNG.

Also the last three times I've come here you guys have gotten my order wrong and forgotten to include ketchup, can we get that right this time?

source your awful quotes

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

This is a Starbucks sir

(I read all that and agree, bounties especially feel more useless than ever)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Slanderer posted:

source your awful quotes

Just load up destinythegame at any time, place is hardcore E/N now.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Sir the Szechuan Sauce was a limited time only, I'm sorry

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
That is my quote, I'm not afraid to post

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Nobody cares

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Winter’s Guile doesn’t work with stormcaller super for whoever was asking

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
https://twitter.com/dril/status/873264183281889281

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Well what should we talk about in the Destiny 2 thread full of people who don't play Destiny 2 any longer, big boss man?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Sir the Szechuan Sauce was a limited time only, I'm sorry

But I have a car

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Especially bungie since they already got your money and they know you'll come begging back for more once December rolls out and Curse of Osiris is released, you little bitch, you.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
[Manila envelope labeled "Open In case of Bone Krew infighting"]

[Opens it]

[Inside, a single image]

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Bat-Catcher 5000!

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Well what should we talk about in the Destiny 2 thread full of people who don't play Destiny 2 any longer, big boss man?

I play destiny 2. It's fun

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

No, it's a good post. Shut it!!!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/reports/daily-population

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if8-8YxET4g

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

same

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

and like i said, you can have lots of fun playing a bad game, which you are doing

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

and like i said, you can have lots of fun playing a bad game, which you are doing

Cool, thanks

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
[Shakes the manila envelope just in case]

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hell, same.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

[Shakes the manila envelope just in case]

Same

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
"I'm not owned, I'm not owned!!!" i continue to insist as my PvP playerbase evaporates

pretty soon no one left will be complaining about the game being bad, just complaining about the matchmaking and connection quality

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I want to see that graph when Wolfenstein and literally any other AAA title drops in two weeks.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The connections and matchmaking are already terrible.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

What happened on August 17th?!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Man there's a @dril tweet for loving everything

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Of course, a bunch of Xbox One owners would still play.

Failed console.

Failed game.

jk jk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

What are you talking about, xbox gets a new UI every 6 months. It's the best supported console ever!