Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

goblin week posted:

Horizon wasn’t free

this is why we have to VOTE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

found Vikar Jerome's account over on the FF forums

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

goblin week posted:

Horizon wasn’t free

Ahhh, what a superb game! :D

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Sex is already in XIV in all shapes and forms and a mistake.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I never saw anyone talk about Hotshot Racing in this thread which is sad but they're releasing a DLC pack for it soon. For free. Which no fucker does anymore and therefore is deserving of praise.

4 tracks, new championship, new mode to play.

https://twitter.com/CurveDigital/status/1324354279990300672?s=20

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Hey SQUARE ENIX! When are we going to SEE MAGICAL KNIGHTS gently caress, you COWARDS?!

I wanna see some CHOCOBO DICK

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

lmao.

but, do you think they will.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

First look: Demon’s Souls character creator and Photo Mode

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/11/05/first-look-demons-souls-character-creator-and-photo-mode/

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Photo mode implies you can pause right? That was always my biggest peeve in Bloodborne, I lost more then one good run at a boss when the doorbell/phone rang.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Spalec posted:

Photo mode implies you can pause right? That was always my biggest peeve in Bloodborne, I lost more then one good run at a boss when the doorbell/phone rang.

Yes I think that's been confirmed before

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yes, you can pause, but not while other players are connected. I don't remember if it just disables photo mode or if the world continues to run while you use it but it yields to the needs of networking if there's a conflict.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

haveblue posted:

Yes, you can pause, but not while other players are connected. I don't remember if it just disables photo mode or if the world continues to run while you use it but it yields to the needs of networking if there's a conflict.

As it should.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The map in Watchdogs worked the same way and you could use it to detect stealth invasions before they showed themselves

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
https://www.polygon.com/2020/11/5/21551147/demons-souls-remake-ps5-character-creator-options-faces

What's even the point????

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
I hope they add an option to not see the helmet you have equipped.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

That headline says "Demon’s Souls remake fixes game’s notoriously ugly character creator"

But it should say "Demon's Souls remake breaks game's notoriously ugly character creator."

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i get the feeling this remake is going to take away from a fromsoft game's charm

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Definitely to some (not major) extent. I think it's pretty evident in what we have already seen. But...I'm ok with that? The original still exists, I'm actually sort of curious as to what some hyper polished, mildly more generic take on Demon's Souls will be like.

Maybe it's a pipe dream, but I do wish remakes would include basic ports of the original games with them so new players could have a frame of reference.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Definitely to some (not major) extent. I think it's pretty evident in what we have already seen. But...I'm ok with that? The original still exists, I'm actually sort of curious as to what some hyper polished, mildly more generic take on Demon's Souls will be like.

Maybe it's a pipe dream, but I do wish remakes would include basic ports of the original games with them so new players could have a frame of reference.

Some (all? one?) of the Halo remasters did this. Even let you toggle versions on the fly.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

only Fei Fong Wong gets to gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZywnyW5-eYM

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Make it wit chu chu

acksplode
May 17, 2004

DeS remake will apparently have a toggle to turn on the old janky camera, it'd be cool if there was a toggle to make your guy look doofy

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's fitting because IIRC Xenogears started as a script for FF7 but was deemed "too dark" to be a FF game but they still made it as its own thing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

That headline says "Demon’s Souls remake fixes game’s notoriously ugly character creator"

But it should say "Demon's Souls remake breaks game's notoriously ugly character creator."

Yeah. That's kind of what is going to be divisive for some people I think. Demon's Souls is also notorious for a soundtrack that a lot of reviewers called bad, but a lot of people actually love it.

There's a campiness to the soundtrack sounding like something from a 70s Hobbit cartoon, the goofy looking faces of some of the bosses, the hilarious character creator. There's a sense of doom that stems from the darkness and washed out color palette. The world is supposed to be dead as poo poo. It looks like Bluepoint set out to "fix" all of that but it's not necessarily things that are broken.

That said, I don't mind for the reasons stated above, but I think it's going to be a harder sell for some of the people who started with Demon's Souls. Like, I played through that game 6 times before Dark Souls came out, so even if I have forgotten about half of it by now, the original art and sound direction is burned into my brain, and I'm constantly going to be comparing. I think this will be less of an issue with people who played it later on since it's probably less likely to really stand out in the Souls lineup.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah. That's kind of what is going to be divisive for some people I think. Demon's Souls is also notorious for a soundtrack that a lot of reviewers called bad, but a lot of people actually love it.

There's a campiness to the soundtrack sounding like something from a 70s Hobbit cartoon, the goofy looking faces of some of the bosses, the hilarious character creator. There's a sense of doom that stems from the darkness and washed out color palette. The world is supposed to be dead as poo poo. It looks like Bluepoint set out to "fix" all of that but it's not necessarily things that are broken.

That said, I don't mind for the reasons stated above, but I think it's going to be a harder sell for some of the people who started with Demon's Souls. Like, I played through that game 6 times before Dark Souls came out, so even if I have forgotten about half of it by now, the original art and sound direction is burned into my brain, and I'm constantly going to be comparing. I think this will be less of an issue with people who played it later on since it's probably less likely to really stand out in the Souls lineup.

I love Demon's Souls but DeS purists might as well be the most microscopic constituency in all of gaming. The remake looks great. It'll tide me over until ooooooohhhhhhhh elden ring brings the weird back into my life.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

I can't wait to get the new console next month and play the greatest game of the PS360 era at 4K

That's right b*tches, Perfect Dark on the Xbox Series x :hehe:

A perfect dark forum was the first online community I ever joined :hfive:

I played the remaster on the 360 years later and was very, uhh, aware that it was not a good game

I can't even imagine how badly goldeneye holds up

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

even as an adult i search for a meat sim that i can call my own

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

even as an adult i search for a meat sim that i can call my own

What do you say to some BB DLC/chalice dungeons tomorrow evening? :D

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

What do you say to some BB DLC/chalice dungeons tomorrow evening? :D

BB is the meatiest sim of all! :swoon: deal

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

BB is the meatiest sim of all! :swoon: deal

Heck yeah! It is a date! Friday Night BBBoyz!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It'll tide me over until ooooooohhhhhhhh elden ring brings the weird back into my life.

look at this dude who thinks he'll live to be 124

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

look at this dude who thinks he'll live to be 124

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Eureka! They added text titles to the PS store!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Eureka! They added text titles to the PS store!

endless progress

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
It’s very cool how the store barely works now. So glad people get paid to make these updates.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The meatiest game of all is clearly Psychonauts

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The mobile store also has the old web store's videos and screenshot stuff so I have to imagine those are coming back soon too.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

The mobile store is just 1000% better than the desktop store for everything, right now.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Does the ps5 solve the nonsense you have to go through with PS4 season passes? Where you have to manually purchase (for free) the season’s content as it comes out? Is it finally gonna be automatic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Wolfsheim posted:

A perfect dark forum was the first online community I ever joined :hfive:

I played the remaster on the 360 years later and was very, uhh, aware that it was not a good game

I can't even imagine how badly goldeneye holds up

goldeneye holds up quite well, ill be playing through it again on original hardware soon, on 00 agent, since i just bought some n64 rad2x cables so i can linedouble that motherfucker on the big screen and ill send you screenshots of how beautiful it looks while the ps5 gathers dust next to it.