Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

NtotheTC posted:

Weren't half of those after Lewis had already trashed him in the WCD and won it with 3 races to go? lmbo.

Hmm and yet when Rosberg does the same thing at the end of 2016 the Hamilton fans whine that Lewis had one more win than Rosberg. Sad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

cheesetriangles posted:

If he had a car that no other team could compete with maybe he could. I'm not a Hamilton fan but you are being deluded.

Please look up Riccardo Patrese's performance in the 1992 Williams, or basically any of Rubens Barrichello's Ferrari seasons. Do you think those guys could have won seven races in a row

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Hmm and yet when Rosberg does the same thing at the end of 2016 the Hamilton fans whine that Lewis had one more win than Rosberg. Sad!

What are you talking about? 2016 went down to the last race.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

NtotheTC posted:

What are you talking about? 2016 went down to the last race.

Yes, but it was well known a few races out that Rosberg was safe finishing second in the remaining races of the season. Which he did.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

cheesetriangles posted:

Rosberg had a car that was better than literally everyone else except his teammate.

Who he beat

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yes, but it was well known a few races out that Rosberg was safe finishing second in the remaining races of the season. Which he did.

My point was that in the last races of 2015, Rosberg had nothing to lose because the WDC was already decided, and Lewis didn't have to give a poo poo because he'd already won it. 2016 was the complete opposite of that?

e: Unless you're implying that Rosberg didn't even have to try in the last few races because he knew finishing 2nd was a peice of piss? Which would kind of make my point about Rosberg not having any competition aside from his own teammate....

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jun 28, 2017

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
In 2016, it wasn't worth it for Rosberg to take chances fighting for the win in the last few races because he knew he could win the title by P2-ing out the season. This meant that Hamilton won the last four races which caused his fanbase, and the entire British media, to cry that Hamilton had somehow been hard done.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The great brilliance of Rosberg is that he was mentally broken by Hamilton for like three years, overcame it, shattered Hamilton's confidence, then just rode off into the sunset so Hamilton could never get one back. If there's anything about this era we'll still be discussing in 20 years, beyond Alonso's stunning three straight world titles, it's that.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

NtotheTC posted:

My point was that in the last races of 2015, Rosberg had nothing to lose because the WDC was already decided, and Lewis didn't have to give a poo poo because he'd already won it. 2016 was the complete opposite of that?

It's the exact same thing, in both situations it had zero outcome on the WDC if they kept winning.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

It's the exact same thing, in both situations it had zero outcome on the WDC if they kept winning.

Except if Rosberg came 3rd once all bets were off? That's not the same thing at all.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If Rosberg came third once he still would've been WDC lmbo.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

wicka posted:

The great brilliance of Rosberg is that he was mentally broken by Hamilton for like three years, overcame it, shattered Hamilton's confidence, then just rode off into the sunset so Hamilton could never get one back. If there's anything about this era we'll still be discussing in 20 years, beyond Alonso's stunning three straight world titles, it's that.

Nandoinalawnchair.jpg

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I feel like this cannot be emphasised enough.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

If I'm still posting here in 20 years, the mods can perma ban me.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Alain Prost is like a handful of points from being an 8x WDC too.

That's nothing, I was just 386 points away from being the 2016 WDC. And I'm not even a longtime professional/fraud like Prost.

Schlesische posted:

Speaking of motorsport.com...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/force-india-makes-first-move-in-force-one-name-change-924268

NOOOOOOOOOOO TURN LEFT FORCE INDIA NOOOO!!!!

Force One? Couldn't get much more generic except if they called it "Race Car Driving Team". If I ever come into a billion dollars and start a team, that will be the name. No sponsors, bare carbon shells, driver's helmets straight black or white from the factory. Actually, now that idea is kind of making me aroused.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GramCracker posted:

If I'm still posting here in 20 years, the mods can perma ban me.

If the forums still exist in 20 years, we'll see.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

If the forums earth still exists in 20 years, we'll see.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm not really confidant were going to make it 3 more here in the Great ol USA.

Lady Liberty getting the poo poo kicked out of her as late...

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

1500quidporsche posted:

Just lol that you babbies are still this butthurt that Are Rossie beat petulant Lewis.

Rosberg sucks rear end, lil bitch boy who knew he couldn't hack it against everyone's favorite driver Sebastian Vettel. So had to run away with the wdc qqing back to monaco.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

CratSock posted:

That's nothing, I was just 386 points away from being the 2016 WDC. And I'm not even a longtime professional/fraud like Prost.

Force One? Couldn't get much more generic except if they called it "Race Car Driving Team". If I ever come into a billion dollars and start a team, that will be the name. No sponsors, bare carbon shells, driver's helmets straight black or white from the factory. Actually, now that idea is kind of making me aroused.

This would own.

There's a guy that races in the same organization I do track days in that has a team called FAST RACING which always makes me laugh. I'm sure it's an acronym but lol.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Gigi Galli posted:

This would own.

There's a guy that races in the same organization I do track days in that has a team called FAST RACING which always makes me laugh. I'm sure it's an acronym but lol.

A few of my friends and I wrench on cars and flip them in our spare time. Our skill level isn't high so some of our methods for getting stuff done are....unusual or inefficient. We refer to ourselves as HSI Racing.... Or, Haggard Scrub Idiot Racing.

Watch for us taking to the grid in 2020.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

HSI Honda

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

HSI Honda

Don't doxx us, tia. Still holding out for that works team deal to come together.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

track day bro! posted:

Rosberg sucks rear end, lil bitch boy who knew he couldn't hack it against everyone's favorite driver Sebastian Vettel. So had to run away with the wdc qqing back to monaco.

I respect your opinion friend, but you are however wrong in this instance.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Rosberg will return when Lewis retires without another WDC in 2019

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
I have Hefe's email address. I shall see if he's alive.

Edit: His gmail address is bouncing back :(

Brainwrong fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 28, 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Brainwrong posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-40426642

Holy poo poo it's getting worse out there.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Gigi Galli posted:

This would own.

Imagine the announcer's delight... "and Race Car Driving Team has won its second consecutive constructors title! Their name says what they are, and they are undoubtedly the best in the world at it! We may have scoffed at their initial grid entry, but seeing the pure simplicity of these elegant carbon fiber machines push to the front of the pack race after race has endeared them to us. Thousands of fans have flocked to the venue today, wearing plain black or white shirts and hats, supporting their respective favourite drivers. The monochromatic tide is now rolling to the podium for the celebration."

Bonus points for having Bottas as a driver, staring blankly at the camera for all of his on-screen time, occasionally blinking.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

loving lol the Beeb has six separate articles blaming Big Seb for the crash.

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

1500quidporsche posted:

This is the fake news that Our Donald warned us about.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

British media is just one giant tabloid

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

gret posted:

Force extradition back to India.

:golfclap:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

CratSock posted:

Bonus points for having Bottas as a driver, staring blankly at the camera for all of his on-screen time, occasionally blinking.

The drivers absolutely have to be stone faced Finns.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rosberg will return and win the WDC with Scuderia Ferrari. That fraud Hamilton will never win a title again

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

Braindead Benson been facerolling his keyboard again?

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

HASHTAG ELHEFE

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brainwrong posted:

How is that even possible? Can you cancel a Google account?

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

wicka posted:

How is that even possible? Can you cancel a Google account?

Your government can cancel it for fraternising with gringos on the internet

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Brainwrong posted:

Maybe that's why he attacked the Venezuelan Senate with a helicopter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Brainwrong posted:

I don't think a tin pot dictatorship would put that much effort in. It's more of a "I want to completely disappear" type of move, although I may be slightly more optimistic.

• Locked thread