Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Mulaney Power Move posted:

why does every opponent of john cena need to go on a mission to "expose" him

We're all patiently waiting for the John Cena nudes, but his opponents are tired of waiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

It's the same reason Luthor keeps trying to prove Superman isn't perfect. When you write someone as the unquestionable moral paragon, you need someone to call that into question so they can be proven wrong.

E: also they're trying to recapture the magic of the Punk promo where he compared Cena to the Yankees.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 9, 2015

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

worked for Hogan's opponents

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Dr. rear end posted:

worked for Hogan's opponents

Only Bubba the love sponge succeeded.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Because John Cena is a terrible boring character no matter how many "fiery" promos he cuts pandering and spewing catchphrases.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

There are some things beyond even my powers of rationalization, friend.

Props for the word Foochsplanation though.

Just don't show us Foochspreading and we're cool.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Thauros posted:

Yeah, especially when he teased us with the prospect of Colemanmania running wild on Raw and failing to deliver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9vdoX3Ju0

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
John Cena promos exist in a world of their own. They don't make sense in the context of what was said before, they don't make sense in the context of what was said after, but they're there.

Also I can't find any good wrestletweets to accompany this so ho hum.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I am also fine w/ Harper and Rowan getting back together since even when they split they didn't really ever seem to dislike each other. Maybe Rowan just likes hitting dudes more than Rubix Cubes and White Zinfandel

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I DON'T LIKE BULLIES

*kicks Torito's rear end*

the erick rowan story

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

triplexpac posted:

Shane Douglas is awesome, you shut your drat mouth

I will always love Shane Douglas due to his ECW run and Dean Douglas (which I loved just because it was him). I'm with you, goon buddy!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

triplexpac posted:

Shane Douglas is awesome, you shut your drat mouth
Hear he is actually a nice guy outside the ring/not promoting stuff. Same with Virgil.

Awwww Dave why do you have to be one of those sports journalists.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Sadaharu Oh is the real record holder.

Everyone knows Dave is biased toward Japan anyways.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

achillesforever6 posted:

Hear he is actually a nice guy outside the ring/not promoting stuff. Same with Virgil.

Awwww Dave why do you have to be one of those sports journalists.

Why did he exclude it? Steroids? I mean, Ben Johnson didn't get a gold medal, maybe it's reasonable that Bonds doesn't get a record.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Memento posted:

Why did he exclude it? Steroids? I mean, Ben Johnson didn't get a gold medal, maybe it's reasonable that Bonds doesn't get a record.

Barry Bonds did every steroid ever invented. He was also the greatest baseball player of all time. Some people have a hard time reconciling these facts.

On the other hand, .362/.609/.812

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Luigi Thirty posted:

Barry Bonds did every steroid ever invented. He was also the greatest baseball player of all time. Some people have a hard time reconciling these facts.
At least I have valid reasons to hating Bonds being the Pirates fan I am

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Dave follows the most roided sports ever ,how can he draw any sort of moral line?

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Barry Bonds never tested positive for anything.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

Dave follows the most roided sports ever ,how can he draw any sort of moral line?

I cant tell if you're saying MMA is filled with Roids or Wrestling is a sport.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Memento posted:

Do we have to take away Hank Aaron's records too since he (admittedly) was hopped up on greenies for like half his career then?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

IcePhoenix posted:

Do we have to take away Hank Aaron's records too since he (admittedly) was hopped up on greenies for like half his career then?

Yes.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I may disagree with him, but if you want to mention that you feel there should be an asterisk next to the record or that he doesn't belong in the HoF that's one thing. It's ludicrous though to deny that the man hit the most home runs in MLB history while criticizing someone else for mentioning the wrong record holder while talking about how important and famous the record is.

Memento posted:

Ben Johnson and Lance Armstrong were officially stripped of their achievements, Bonds was not.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

I cant tell if you're saying MMA is filled with Roids or Wrestling is a sport.

If wrestling isn't a sport, how can NJPW be the King Of Sports?

Checkmate atheists

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It was obviously a reference to CMLL bodybuilding competitions

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oatgan posted:

It was obviously a reference to CMLL bodybuilding competitions

Which the WBF is still better than

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

IcePhoenix posted:

Yep. I mean, it's pretty easy for me to sit here and talk about your sports, where the sport I enjoy that is the most analogous to baseball, cricket (both bat/ball sports, both take ages, both can be boring and riveting in equal measure) gives no advantages at all for steroid use. Being stronger in cricket does you no good, and you're not taxing your body to the point where enhanced recovery time will help you.

Thauros posted:

Ben Johnson and Lance Armstrong were officially stripped of their achievements, Bonds was not.

If WADA or USADA got their hands on a Barry Bonds sample today that was frozen while he was playing, would he test positive? I mean, I get that he never tested positive for anything while he was playing, but isn't there a ton of evidence he used while he was hitting all of those runs?

On the other hand, maybe it's not fair to Barry and Hank, because they didn't ever test positive for anything. Hearsay and conjecture are pretty lovely ways to judge talented athletes. It's a complicated issue.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Luigi Thirty posted:

On the other hand, .362/.609/.812

Love them or Hate them, you gotta respect Steroids.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

is this a real post

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Speaking of wrestlers on twitter and stick-ball sports.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
You know, as goofy as Sid is, he seems to have a bit of self-awareness whenever I see him talk about himself.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Look out world, @TheReal_Virgil has arrived!

y'all gotta follow him bitches

Let's see what Virgil gets up to.

Tossing out some solid Raw advice:

@TheReal_Virgil posted:

Kane is not doing what Virg would do as a corporate protector #RAW

Not quite understanding how twitter works:

@TheReal_Virgil posted:

Man for $9.99 you could follow my rear end and know what glory feels like

Sharing 5 year past expiration date IHOP coupons from Weatherford TX:

@TheReal_Virgil posted:

That's what friends are for

Claiming credit for Tidus's success:

@TheReal_Virgil posted:

Hey @TitusONeilWWE where you think millions of dollars came from son? You know it baby.

And then you think.. could this possibly be a well thought out troll account??

https://twitter.com/TheReal_Virgil/status/601079269910048769

NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Sid rules. I don't care how many times he stabbed Arn. Plus he used to blow off TV tapings to play pro softball which is loving hillarious :)

Barry Bonds tested positive for a head elephantiasis that he battled for the rest of his career, its a miracle he played at all, a true warrior hero spirit.

Bonds would have been the greatest baseball player whoever walked the earth (except for Ken Griffey Junior and Willie Mays) steroids or not, but he played in an era where you had to juice to keep up, he was just really good at juicing too.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I DON'T LIKE BULLIES

*kicks Torito's rear end*

the erick rowan story

It would have been neat if they stayed heel and face but never caring for each other alignment. Like Harper would cheat or attack someone else but Rowan wouldn't care while Harper doesn't mind that Rowan keeps it fair in the ring.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Nah that would take nuance. Nuance has no place in wwe.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

jnco jeans demand respect

are they stapled on?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Uproxx never covered Havokgate.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

who cares, they're not even a real journalism

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

rovert posted:

Uproxx never covered Havokgate.

Is this part of the conspiracy Rovert

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i don't want to put words in rovert's mouth but i'm guessing his angle is that uproxx is a bunch of social justice warriors crying "problematic" about every little thing so why no article about havok

the answer is, of course, who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

i don't want to put words in rovert's mouth but i'm guessing his angle is that uproxx is a bunch of social justice warriors crying "problematic" about every little thing so why no article about havok

the answer is, of course, who cares

As she is female indie Wrestler. They never did an article on Kimber Lee's "Pay My College Fees" GoFundMe either.