Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

anime was right posted:

holy poo poo he streamed the wu tang album after he got sentenced to prison

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fallen Hamprince posted:

this guy's sure got some takes

it's almost as if white supremacy is more than just some magical racism gene but a complicated structural oppression that instills horrendous beliefs into people, even nonwhite people, that when given authority and the tools of violence over others leads to horrendous results

who-da-thunk-it

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
oh nevermind he didnt stream the whole thing and it was to one dude.

he should rot in prison forever

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
now we know why the pictures of those protesting for their right to unionize was almost all black people. the white ones were inside conspiring with management :madmax:

Grondoth posted:

Where's that... where's that old communist comic with the block headed guy

i got u

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

anime was right posted:

holy poo poo he streamed the wu tang album after he got sentenced to prison

lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
my first thought was not if he deserved prison, but instead, what happened to the wu tang album

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

anime was right posted:

my first thought was not if he deserved prison, but instead, what happened to the wu tang album

civil forfeiture is... bad

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

"My criticisms of black dems are not motivated by racism, and I can prove it with this list of bad things non-white people have done in America"

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

gradenko_2000 posted:

civil forfeiture is... bad

civil forfeiture of the absurdly wealthy actually owns, and the wu tang album should have been part of it

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

seize the wu tang album and distribute it to the masses

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
lee fang turned into a total weirdo about eight months ago and got into some really wierd disputes with other lefty twitterlords

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

anime was right posted:

lee fang turned into a total weirdo about eight months ago and got into some really wierd disputes with other lefty twitterlords

what did he do

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Fallen Hamprince posted:

"My criticisms of dems of a skin color are not motivated by racism, and I can prove it with this list of bad things people of a skin color have done in America"

What's the deal with Airline food? Am I right?

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

logikv9 posted:

what did he do

he repeatedly + consistently said that trying to beat up pepe edgelords was counterproductive and dumb. this made some people very mad.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Slanderer posted:

he repeatedly + consistently said that trying to beat up pepe edgelords was counterproductive and dumb. this made some people very mad.

like beat up as in punching nazis or "beating them up" on twitter

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
This person I know that works for the Democratic Party hates Lee Fang and has talked poo poo about him in the past so I love Lee Fang.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

logikv9 posted:

what did he do

https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/875049282600017920

this is pretty recent but you can kinda get an idea. he's super loving weird about free speech. had some similarly weird opinions when it came to milo and that no one should say bad things about him bc that gives him attention.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

logikv9 posted:

like beat up as in punching nazis or "beating them up" on twitter

Punching "nazis" as an untimidating show of leftist machismo

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

anime was right posted:

https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/875049282600017920

this is pretty recent but you can kinda get an idea. he's super loving weird about free speech. had some similarly weird opinions when it came to milo and that no one should say bad things about him bc that gives him attention.

drat its really weird to have strong opinions about freedom of speech!!!

i disagree with him, but lmao if you've been echo chambered into thinking that his position is a weird and aberrant one

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

real weird how guy ready to go with a list of injustices perpetrated by minorities gets extremely upset when you protest hate speech

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
for every 8 or 9 good things lee fang says, he says 1 incredibly stupid thing, is what im getting at.

he suddenly became super critical of the far far left like a few months back, and he attack centrist dems, so sometimes i kinda questino if hes not some sort of weird rear end libertarian or something since he mostly writes anti-establishment stuff

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Fallen Hamprince posted:

real weird how guy ready to go with a list of injustices perpetrated by minorities gets extremely upset when you protest hate speech

try harder friend

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I understand what he's saying but it's probably not the best position to argue with a 144 character limit.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

anime was right posted:

for every 8 or 9 good things lee fang says, he says 1 incredibly stupid thing, is what im getting at.

he suddenly became super critical of the far far left like a few months back, and he attack centrist dems, so sometimes i kinda questino if hes not some sort of weird rear end libertarian or something since he mostly writes anti-establishment stuff

he's been consistent about his beliefs the whole time, so it's funny when people who learned that leftists =/= liberals two months ago label him a traitor and a fool

Rand alPaul posted:

I understand what he's saying but it's probably not the best position to argue with a 144 character limit.

he's also trolling a lot with the specific topics that make people mad at him, but he always no-sells it lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Slanderer posted:

he's been consistent about his beliefs the whole time, so it's funny when people who learned that leftists =/= liberals two months ago label him a traitor and a fool

he's also trolling a lot with the specific topics that make people mad at him, but he always no-sells it lol

wtf are you even talking about

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

anime was right posted:

wtf are you even talking about

ᴛʜᴇ sᴜᴄᴄ' ᴢᴏɴᴇ

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/historyinflicks/status/893701394376556544

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slanderer posted:

i disagree with him, but lmao if you've been echo chambered into thinking that his position is a weird and aberrant one

basically this. considering how hosed up twitter is structurally seeing a bunch of people you follow who've never thrown a punch in their life being like yeah let's gently caress up some nazis and get way too bloodlusty about it it's not an entirely unnatural reaction to have

i'd rather have people on our side critical about the application of violence instead of the unified right-wing bloodlust for all things pain and death and misery

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Taintrunner posted:

basically this. considering how hosed up twitter is structurally seeing a bunch of people you follow who've never thrown a punch in their life being like yeah let's gently caress up some nazis and get way too bloodlusty about it it's not an entirely unnatural reaction to have

i'd rather have people on our side critical about the application of violence instead of the unified right-wing bloodlust for all things pain and death and misery

"When they go low, we go high"

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
with my witty and factual political discourse i will out-maneuver far-right crazies, make them realize their wrongful ways and turn them into allies

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Fallen Hamprince posted:

"When they go low, we go high"
I've yet to see the Dems go high.

They barely even support getting high

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

ThndrShk2k posted:

I've yet to see the Dems go high.

They barely even support getting high

:smugbert:

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/345204-miami-congressman-gets-democratic-support-for-re-election-bid

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/03/us/politics/west-virginia-governor-to-switch-from-democrat-to-republican-trump.html

If they go low, join them

:downsgun:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The high road worked so well for John Kerry. Remember when he wouldn't dignify the Swift Boat Veterans with a response?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

someone cut the first 38 seconds into a youtube and have it stretched and played as the c-spam background in perpetuity

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Rand alPaul posted:

The high road worked so well for John Kerry. Remember when he wouldn't dignify the Swift Boat Veterans with a response?

wasn't really a high road thing. kerry was really mad and wanted to hit back, but his consultants and staff thought that pushing back would just amplify the attack and make it worse.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
a guy who spends his days in an office posting on twitter fantasizing about how many nazis he is gonna punch isnt going low, its just sad

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

amazing

this is why twitter ended us :rip:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
The high road is producing a youtube series of rants and throwing them on as 2am infomercials for the local stations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Concerned Citizen posted:

wasn't really a high road thing. kerry was really mad and wanted to hit back, but his consultants and staff thought that pushing back would just amplify the attack and make it worse.

Fire all consultants into the sun

• Locked thread