Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I wonder if they'll change that as characters learn more about channeling

The only logical reason I can think of for excluding colored weaves would be cost. Maybe with a bigger budget for S2 that poo poo can be revisited :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

goethe.cx posted:

The ter'angreal remove the threat of violence from channelers, so they probably figured, why not remove the threat of violence from anyone at all if possible? I don't think that's spelled out, though.

I thought maybe that was the place where the 10,000 Jenn Aiel got mowed down

Turns out they’re just dicks :shrug:

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Hexel posted:

The only logical reason I can think of for excluding colored weaves would be cost. Maybe with a bigger budget for S2 that poo poo can be revisited :shrug:

I can think of a few reasons why they might not want people dramatically sweeping their arms around and hurling giant rainbows at each other

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

buffalo all day posted:

I can think of a few reasons why they might not want people dramatically sweeping their arms around and hurling giant rainbows at each other

Like what

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Not having colors makes doing "lmao characters not actually dead btw I dont know how to channel" healing a bit easier to do.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
I did finally listen to all 8 hours of the WT final season 1 episode. I really liked that guest they had early on. Funny! BUT pronounces it "impordant"

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Brolander posted:

I did finally listen to all 8 hours of the WT final season 1 episode. I really liked that guest they had early on. Funny! BUT pronounces it "impordant"

Does the woman host ever stop giving the characters cutesy nicknames because she can’t be bothered to learn their actual names? I like the concept but I couldn’t get past that

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

goethe.cx posted:

Does the woman host ever stop giving the characters cutesy nicknames because she can’t be bothered to learn their actual names? I like the concept but I couldn’t get past that

Yeah apparently there's even been listener feedback along the lines of "hey why don't you use the nicknames anymore" and the answer is, more or less, that she got fully invested in the books and the actual names follow from that.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

No one is allowed to give WoT characters nicknames except for the Everyday Negros crew.

No one else is nearly as good at it as they are.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I hope there's at least one Elayne bathtub scene in S2

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

goethe.cx posted:

Excerpts from Mat's 4th Age Diary posted:

Great. Mat is by far the best part of the books IMO.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Just cracking into Book 5 and it's just amazingly lol that people see Rand or one of are heroes jaywalking in a dream and they're like "100% dark friend loving confirmed no mercy for servants of the shadow" then turn to Paddan Fain, who is currently drinking wine from a cup fashioned from a child's skull and are like "hey man, can you help me with these obviously bad guys?"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Not unlike real life

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I wonder if we'll get to see these infamous silverpike.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

I wonder if we'll get to see these infamous silverpike.

I always just assumed those were barracuda or similar

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

https://www.bushlandadventures.com/silver-pike.html

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
i need to find some good examples from the first few books of the emond's fielders using provincial metaphors

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Brolander posted:

i need to find some good examples from the first few books of the emond's fielders using provincial metaphors

Stout Two Rivers wool!

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Hexel posted:

Stout Two Rivers wool!

yeah woolhead is a good one

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Horns like a goat

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Men thinking with the hair on their chests

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Just cracking into Book 5 and it's just amazingly lol that people see Rand or one of are heroes jaywalking in a dream and they're like "100% dark friend loving confirmed no mercy for servants of the shadow" then turn to Paddan Fain, who is currently drinking wine from a cup fashioned from a child's skull and are like "hey man, can you help me with these obviously bad guys?"

its ok you can just say gawayn loving sucks.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

goethe.cx posted:

Men thinking with the hair on their chests

More hair = smarter?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

rocketrobot posted:

More hair = smarter?

If so then show Rand should be barely literate

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

“Alanna’s face had fallen, and she had sagged back in her chair. “It’s just that I’ve come all this way, and you are sending me right off again. I suppose it is for the best, with that girl here,” she sighed. “You have no idea what I went through in Cairhien, masking the bond just enough to keep what the two of you were doing from keeping me awake all night.”

Does Alanna want in on the harem? I feel like RJ left this whole thing undeveloped and unfinished.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Hexel posted:

“Alanna’s face had fallen, and she had sagged back in her chair. “It’s just that I’ve come all this way, and you are sending me right off again. I suppose it is for the best, with that girl here,” she sighed. “You have no idea what I went through in Cairhien, masking the bond just enough to keep what the two of you were doing from keeping me awake all night.”

Does Alanna want in on the harem? I feel like RJ left this whole thing undeveloped and unfinished.

Somewhere between wanting in and wanting everyone else out.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Yeah I'm listening in Fires of Heaven and while there's an occasional cutesy nickname it's greatly reduced from the beginning. I was also annoyed at first but came to enjoy it eventually

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Seanchan nobility anyone?

Jessica Boone is a classically trained actor and voice actor from America who is currently based out of Prague, Czechia. She is the co-director of the Prague Shakespeare Company alongside her husband and fellow Wheel of Time actor, Guy Roberts. In addition to her numerous theatre roles and voice acting work in anime, she also has had roles in television and movies, including recent roles in Das Boot and The Defeated. She recently wrapped work on television series Dangerous Liaisons and movie Chevalier, both filmed in the Czech Republic.

In a quickly deleted Instagram post from her agency, Boone was stated to be in season one of The Wheel of Time upon release. However, now that the first season has come and gone and we have yet to see her on screen, it seems likely that she will be in season two. Her specific character is unknown, however, she was seen with the side of her head shaved in August of 2021.

IG post from today with her head still shaved.

Deleted post from her talent agency prior to S1 release:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

That looks far less stupid than I always imagined it would.

I wonder if she's Suroth?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

That looks far less stupid than I always imagined it would.

I wonder if she's Suroth?

It will almost certainly be styled some kinda way, maybe even a faux hawk or mohawk.

It's entirely possible she'll be Suroth. There isn't really any Seanchan in early seasons that require a legit actor, Suroth and Turak are about it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I was more thinking of the hair, I thought Suroth and Turak were the only ones high ranked enough to merit that

Also that dude really is the perfect Uno

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/robertsguy/status/1495363579612221446?s=21

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Is that food presented on sand? That does not seem fun to eat

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Nearing the end of book 10 and I'm enjoying Tuon and Mat. More of this please.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Nitrousoxide posted:

Nearing the end of book 10 and I'm enjoying Tuon and Mat. More of this please.

Good news, there's a planned follow-up called Outriggers, and...

:smith:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

goethe.cx posted:

Good news, there's a planned follow-up called Outriggers, and...

:smith:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I don’t get how Elayne is acting pregnant and all of Caemlyn is treating her as such basically the day after Rand’s booty call. She mentions a Min viewing in her internal dialogue but I don’t remember any such viewing?

I know during the succession and the battle for Caemlyn she uses the pregnancy as plot armor but I don’t remember any pre-coitus viewings :psyduck:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Hexel posted:

I don’t get how Elayne is acting pregnant and all of Caemlyn is treating her as such basically the day after Rand’s booty call. She mentions a Min viewing in her internal dialogue but I don’t remember any such viewing?

I know during the succession and the battle for Caemlyn she uses the pregnancy as plot armor but I don’t remember any pre-coitus viewings :psyduck:

"She should have drunk the moonleaf tea, she'll get pregnant from that. Twins." or something like that, she told Aviendha and Birgitte in the hallway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

The Caemlyn servant’s roast sessions in the staff kitchen must have been so good when everyone thought Elayne was loving the ugliest dude in Andor.