Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Papercut posted:

Kill Cam comes up, I see my Mercy behind me trying to pistol the Genji instead of healing my S76. WTF Mercy.

While it's not as frequent as with Lucio, sometimes a guy is just unsalvageable for the bad position he is in and things are far more likely to turn to your team's favour if you stop doing the healing and start doing the pewpew. With Lucio, this comes in the form of speed-boost being more of a life-saver than heal-boost because his heal is bad.

This could have been an acceptable decision if the Mercy knew nothing about what cooldowns the Genji had available. If she started to heal you but you died anyway (such as if Genji instantly hit dash towards you), then that would pave the way for Genji to kill her, too.

There's also the case of situational awareness. I play Mercy frequently and sometimes people do a drat good job of staying perfectly behind me no matter where I'm turned, all the while spamming that they need healing. Try to keep in mind the game gives more directional information towards where your Mercy is at when they're healing you than where your teammates that need to be healed are at. While it's mechanically easy to just click remotely close to people and heal them, the decision making of who to heal, when to heal them, how much to heal them, if you should even heal them at all is a bit more complicated than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

so shes zenyatta ? I don't get it

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
No wonder suddenly both OW threads had 200 replies.

Changes sound amazing, I'm mostly playing Mercy lately (her changes sound really good) but I'm super psyched about playing D.VA again and actually being useful with Zen.

Too bad I'm utter poo poo at sniping and my ping is usually 200ms, guess I'm never touching Ana. :v:

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Sindai posted:

Someone pointed out that a boosted McCree now does 210 damage on a headshot and actually has decent range.

A Discorded Roadhog will die in two headshots from a boosted McCree.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

flashman posted:

She's got sweet crowd control buff/debuff mechanics.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

flashman posted:

This new characters ability set seems pointless.

yep

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

teagone posted:

I want to see a nano boosted Seagull dragonblade so hard right now.

the only reason you said this is because you want there to be an achievement for it called "nanomachines, son" but i will not fall for the bait

edit: gently caress

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

flashman posted:

This new characters ability set seems pointless.

She has uber.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

flashman posted:

shes basically just the player character from cs:go if you thinkabout it

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

the only reason you said this is because you want there to be an achievement for it called "nanomachines, son" but i will not fall for the bait

edit: gently caress

lmao

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Minrad posted:

shes basically just the player character from cs:go if you thinkabout it

makes sense now thanks for the explanation

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Dren posted:

Guess we'll have to wait for someone to fire up the PTR and check it out

Very very fast. If you're doing the four shot burst thing anyways it's pretty much imperceptible.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Picture a D.Va with the new Defense Matrix and Nano attacking a point.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

flashman posted:

makes sense now thanks for the explanation

lives in de_dust2
throws grenades
only uses sniper rifle

nice racism, blizzard. stop gamer discrimination

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Cowcaster posted:

:zenpop:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Mercy boosted D.Va new meta, calling it.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Sounds like the "no headshots" thing is for the best. Otherwise Widowmaker would become pretty crappy and useless.

Hog's changes make no sense to me, did anyone ever complain that Hog was OP due to his stupid ult?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I wonder if the discord orb speed increase lets it hit your target before the M2 if you release them both at the same time. That would be nice.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
glad they buffed roadhog because he's really fun and

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
No headshots is so she can't put you to sleep with the dart and headshot you

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

BillBear posted:

Sounds like the "no headshots" thing is for the best. Otherwise Widowmaker would become pretty crappy and useless.

Hog's changes make no sense to me, did anyone ever complain that Hog was OP due to his stupid ult?

self-healing gives ult charge now

he gets 20% ult charge from a full vape

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Sleeping D.Va looks ridiculous, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

BillBear posted:

drat, it almost sounds like roadhog got nerfed out of context of the full patch notes. thankfully, the patch will probably launch with all the balance changes instead of only some of them.

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008

BillBear posted:

It's the self healing contributing to ult charge change. Hog has a metric assload of self heal. It wasn't a nerf, it was keeping him at the same place.

If anything it's a small buff, because now he also gains ulti from being a big fat target. Buffs him at his worst even if it is weaker when he's owning.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
When are we likely to see the changes on the PTR on the main server? I really want tot ry Ana but I'm not sure I care enough to install the PTR.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

nickhimself posted:

glad they buffed roadhog because he's really fun and

They didn't? His ult will (probably) take longer to charge and Ana can completely dumpster his survivability for a good 4s.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I'm hoping Ana will at least allow career snipers to be somewhat useful now, as snipers now have double the pool of targets to choose from, but I get the feeling she'll just be another widowmaker who does DOT this time around.

At least McCree and Zenyatta got buffed which is nice.

It also seems like she has no movement abilities? Which is interesting for a sniper.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jul 12, 2016

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Verranicus posted:

When are we likely to see the changes on the PTR on the main server? I really want tot ry Ana but I'm not sure I care enough to install the PTR.
Last PTR was only a week before the patch I think? Short enough that there are unlikely to be any significant changes between the PTR and live patch except for bug fixes.

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

Vermain posted:

They didn't? His ult will (probably) take longer to charge and Ana can completely dumpster his survivability for a good 4s.

A full self-heal ups his ult by 20%. It may require more to get it to full, but its also a LOT easier to get it to full. From what I've seen, its a buff to roadhog

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Roadhog's self-heal now gives him like 20% ult charge

efb

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Whole Hog is a rather underwhelming ult, to be honest. Shut down easily, you're completely vulnerable during it and isn't even near-insta kill like Reaper's

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Sindai posted:

Last PTR was only a week before the patch I think? Short enough that there are unlikely to be any significant changes between the PTR and live patch except for bug fixes.

Was that the Mcree nerf one?

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Ddraig posted:

Whole Hog is a rather underwhelming ult, to be honest. Shut down easily, you're completely vulnerable during it and isn't even near-insta kill like Reaper's

Two days ago I watched a guy send four enemies down the hole on the point at Nepal with it.

The knockback is even better than the damage it does, I'm not sure I'd call it underwhelming, just niche.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Ddraig posted:

Its a pretty good ult.

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008
People just use it to "clear out an area" instead of using it to pin down and murder two targets. Even before this change, it charged really quick, so I always used it when I was out of ammo to confirm a kill. No use in saving it unless you're coordinating with a good Zarya. It is a good ultimate. Roadhog is already really great outside his old, having it be a kill confirm button is fine.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I used to play Roadhog quite a bit but I've spent my tank time with Zarya recently as she's much more fun.

I do like seeing Roadhogs waddling around though because they get me to 100 charge nearly instantly and they're just a huge ult battery that I can farm Graviton Surge from.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Just saw a nano boosted dragonblade on Moonmoon's stream. Lmao, it's insane.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
It's good because it charges really quickly. Like you can have it up for basically every team fight. Just kill some people then use it to disrupt whatever the enemy is doing.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ddraig posted:

Pop it against a team of bastards hiding behind a Reinhardt and see how underwhelming it is then. Preferably mercy-boosted but it wrecks the Reinhardt shield without a boost too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

MacheteZombie posted:

Its a pretty good ult.

https://gfycat.com/EvilAlienatedCapybara