Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

If you know anything about competitive Pokemon, you know a lot of the action is not on the games on Nintendo handhelds but on simulator programs that recreate the mechanics of battles. They streamline the process of getting a team together so that the focus is on the battles themselves. Accuracy is paramount here because they're simulating the process of battling on the actual games. A while back, the Pokemon Azumarril could learn the move Belly Drum (quadruples attack at the cost of half of its HP) or Aqua Jet (which always hits first regardless of speed) but not both at the same time. But a the simulator at the time did not account for this exclusivity and one could use a Belly Drum/Aqua Jet Azumarril and wreck faces. By what Sperling said I should've exploited the hell out of this and Aqua Jetted to the top ranks, but the act of doing so is contrary to the simulator's goal of recreating the games. And if the tournament switches over to physical copies then suddenly my team changes. What was I doing before, then?

So using Belly Drum/Aqua Jet Azumarril, or casting Myr Superion off of Forests, or whatever, we've accidentally stopped playing the game, only a flawed reproduction of it. So For 362 days of the year we're playing Magic but the other 3 we're playing Mogic where everything is the same but there's a 5/6 for 2.

To complicate this more, I know that when I was building teams for OU/Ubers I definitely didn't do a lot of research on how things were available, just I looked at a few sets and knew what the good moves were. They've gotten a lot better about making sure stuff like this doesn't get on the sims, and they often reset the ladder when stuff like this gets used (i.e. things WotC probably should be doing to be fair). It was also annoying b/c the vgc sims (the format that happens in cartridge officials) did have some things that weren't VGC legal for a few versions but they fixed that pretty quick too!

And this is for something that has no real prize attached to it.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Elyv posted:

code:
Diregraf Colossus
2B
Creature - Zombie Giant
Diregraf Colossus enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter for each Zombie card in your graveyard. 

Whenever you cast a Zombie spell, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield tapped.
2/2

I hate to be the "my edh deck!" guy but I'm loving both this and the BB zombie they've spoiled.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

So For 362 days of the year we're playing Magic but the other 3 we're playing Mogic where everything is the same but there's a 5/6 for 2.

If only bugged cards were fixed within 3 days, rather than taking weeks/months/years to fix.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
If there are bugs in the game and wizards is not able to even temporarily remove the card then as far as I'm concerned they have left the game to the wolves and "abusing" a known and longstanding bug is, no matter how scummy, understandable and if anything could maybe get wizards to disable broken cards,or God forbid fix them.

I honestly don't understand how you can put a bug that wins you the game in a game, explicitly NOT say anything about it including not banning said bug from the game, and then fault the people using said bug to win "money" no matter how abstracted

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Pretty sure "cheat at a children's game for material wealth" is at least one ygo characters arc and I'm all about that

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Just me or is this one of the more subpar looking walker arts in a while, just technically speaking?

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

You're not wrong. It might look better and more detailed in hand, but that rendering of it makes it look like a deviantart picture from someone who's got a decent hold on anatomy but hasn't quite grasped the finer points of shading yet.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

From the MTG tumblr.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Rinkles posted:

Just me or is this one of the more subpar looking walker arts in a while, just technically speaking?

What direction is the light coming from

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
The more I look at it the more he looks like Danzig.

I think the Demon-Church land might see play if there's a tokens deck, because it's a land that can make tokens, and the 'ultimate' is a thing that you might pull off once in a blue moon but you're not really building your deck around it. Your Plan A will be beating down with a bunch of tokens and buffing them with Gideon emblems or what have you, but you'll sometimes get a board state where you go "Oh. I have 5 tokens on this clogged board, you have no flyers and are at <= 9 life, I just win now." Tapping for colorless could even be an upside if the deck runs things like Matter Reshaper or Thought-Knot seer, which a few BW control/planeswalkers/secure the wastes deck builds have been doing this standard. It competes with other colorless lands there, like Sea Gate Wreckage, but it could be good enough to make the cut.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Investigate might be the best flavor Wizards has ever come up with.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

PrinnySquadron posted:

From the MTG tumblr.

Turn 1 play the 1/2, turn 2 play this, turn 3 swing?

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

I don't remember this one, is it new?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

PrinnySquadron posted:

From the MTG tumblr.

The art on this is really cool.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

MiddleEastBeast posted:

I'm still waiting for the card that says "Destroy target creature. Its controller investigates." C'moooooon Wizards, don't blow this perfect flavour opportunity.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Favorite spoiled card in the set, easily.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

yes, also have this

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

MiddleEastBeast posted:

I both love and hate it

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Angry Grimace posted:

The art on this is really cool.

It feels very bloodborne imo.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

PrinnySquadron posted:

From the MTG tumblr.

As you once did for the vacuous Jace, grant us eyes, grant us eyes.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Entropic posted:

I'm still waiting for the card that says "Destroy target creature. Its controller investigates." C'moooooon Wizards, don't blow this perfect flavour opportunity.

too bad they already wasted the spell name "murder investigation"

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Please let me name a deck All-Piercing Blue Truth. This is all I want Wizards

e: they still have Murder Most Foul right

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

PrinnySquadron posted:

From the MTG tumblr.

I like this card because it gives me hope there will be a Standard deck called "Blue's Clues".

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

The art and flavor text of Trail of Evidence is fantastic

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/710532906863693824

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

why does the daring sleuth change types when he flips

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

This is so wonderfully durdly

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I don't think I will ever be able to pass that card.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

As you once did for the vacuous Jace, grant us eyes, grant us eyes.
:bloodborne:

Ahhh, Jay-see. Or some say, Jah-see. Do you hear our prayers!?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Elyv posted:

why does the daring sleuth change types when he flips

because his search led him to uncover the dark magics he is using to animate that horde of lanterns

and which is responsible for the unearthly growths sprouting from his shoulder

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Not many "artifacts matter" cards yet, right?

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Entropic posted:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

I swear to god if there isn't a card that has a win condition involving clues I will riot.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Rinkles posted:

Not many "artifacts matter" cards yet, right?

Wrong set. Ongoing Investigation and Thopter Spy Network have a really cool synergy though. You just get infinite cards and guys (I mean, sort of lol)

Also

Just needs a bit more touch up and its pretty much accurate.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 17, 2016

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Fiend Computer posted:

I swear to god if there isn't a card that has a win condition involving clues I will riot.

Or at least something like "If you control 5 or more clues, search your library for a card named "Serial Killer" and put in on the battlefield"

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Ehh. That's not clean enough.

I'd take "Target creature gets --4/-4 until end of turn. If it dies this turn, its controller investigates."

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Fiend Computer posted:

i'd presume if we get that it'll come in eldritch moon

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

i like this card even tho the green part seems weird as heck

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Entropic posted:

Ehh. That's not clean enough.

I'd take "Target creature gets --4/-4 until end of turn. If it dies this turn, its controller investigates."

Kill a creature but give its controller something is pretty clearly white

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Skyl3lazer posted:

The art and flavor text of Trail of Evidence is fantastic

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/710532906863693824
I like the card. It's slow but it will bury your opponents in cards in a control deck. Plus it enables your other do-nothing enchantment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
I like the way half the blue cards in the set are "Jace looking at stuff"

• Locked thread