Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

evilmiera posted:

It was worse than gross, because I know someone who falls for the SD poo poo hook line and sinker and it was all so loving dumb. The guy hates Trump but can't make the connection between their ideologies.

what

how

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

:psyduck:

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/patienterstatningen-med-barskt-budskab-patienter-i-kraeftskandale-skal-ikke-regne

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

"We decided to use the funds on severance packages for the directors that caused the situation through criminal neglect. Apologies."

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Lima posted:

"We decided to use the funds on severance packages for the directors that caused the situation through criminal neglect. Apologies."

Not neglect, by their own admission they did it deliberately knowing the consequences. Prosecute them for manslaughter then.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

following on the salary negotiations, the norwegian government prognosis is that CPI will increase by 5,4% in the next year. for the sharp-eyed among us, this is higher than 5,2%, which was the wage framework result. if this bears out, it's going to be another year of real-term wage cuts.

we'll see, of course - 5,4% is also Teknisk Beregningsutvalg's estimate for CPI in peer countries, and the question is a little more fraught in TBU than in the government numbers (and the incentives are somewhat different), so we'll see, but if the government turns out to be correct here it'll be very embarassing for the salary negotiating system - it is very fortunate that we got a mostly krone-value increase, meaning that the people who really do need it are at least going to increase their purchasing power

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

Not neglect, by their own admission they did it deliberately knowing the consequences. Prosecute them for manslaughter then.
ya this at the minimum.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Impressive. 9 out of 13 municipalities managed to make "mistakes" in 100% of reviewed cases where welfare recipients had their benefits taken away.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/viktor-emil-endte-som-hjemloes-kommuner-bryder-i-stor-stil-loven-ved-traekke-ydelsen

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

Impressive. 9 out of 13 municipalities managed to make "mistakes" in 100% of reviewed cases where welfare recipients had their benefits taken away.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/viktor-emil-endte-som-hjemloes-kommuner-bryder-i-stor-stil-loven-ved-traekke-ydelsen
that's not a bug, that's a feature!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Greenlandic MP refuses to speak Danish. :qq:

https://politiken.dk/indland/politik/art9349199/Folketingsmedlem-n%C3%A6gter-at-tale-dansk

evil_bunnY posted:

that's not a bug, that's a feature!

Absolutely. It's been going on for more than a decade. Unfortunately there aren't any votes in basic legal protections for sick people in poverty.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 13:07 on May 12, 2023

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the unbridled hostility of the immigration and welfare bureaucracies are really poisoning a lot of people's attitudes to dealing with the welfare state in general. i talked to someone about dealing with paternity leave and she was convinced that if she made the slightest slip-up she'd be basically forced to return to work prematurely or made to pay back a bunch of money. i found no answer other than "the government wants you to have a baby, they're not going to be screwing you over for little things", which was not reassuring because she's heard the NAV and immigration authority horror stories.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Except the government will totally gently caress you over for the little things even if you've had a baby.

gently caress NAV.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I work flex hours because of MY CONDITION, and I do fear when it's my turn to be thrown under the bus for another F-35.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Wibla posted:

Except the government will totally gently caress you over for the little things even if you've had a baby.

gently caress NAV.

to an extent NAV will try to mess around, but the consequences are comparatively limited and the municipal services and health care system generally will not

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

V. Illych L. posted:

the unbridled hostility of the immigration and welfare bureaucracies are really poisoning a lot of people's attitudes to dealing with the welfare state in general. i talked to someone about dealing with paternity leave and she was convinced that if she made the slightest slip-up she'd be basically forced to return to work prematurely or made to pay back a bunch of money. i found no answer other than "the government wants you to have a baby, they're not going to be screwing you over for little things", which was not reassuring because she's heard the NAV and immigration authority horror stories.
The government wants your kids but also doesn't loving care about you.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The Greens are confiscating your children's salami sandwiches: https://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/i/wAbdQA/oslo-byraadet-vil-ikke-servere-kjoett-i-barnehager
If only the they knew how little meat we're serving already. In my kindergarten, the coming 17th may is gonna be like the second time the kids gets served sausages in the kindergarten.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

snikveganifisering

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.di.se/nyheter/h-m-smallen-far-inte-forstora-osalda-klader/

Disgusting amount of corruption in the Swedish government.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Jack, I must again beg you

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Beeswax posted:

Jack, I must again beg you

My stance on the matter has not changed since we talked about it last.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
no, really the one liner outrage link drops are quite worthless. they're rarely followed by any sort of discussion at all. I barely follow the thread anymore because there's just nothing in here now.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

TheFluff posted:

no, really the one liner outrage link drops are quite worthless. they're rarely followed by any sort of discussion at all. I barely follow the thread anymore because there's just nothing in here now.

:sad:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i would like to note that sweden by no means deserved to win the eurovision song contest and that the unelected, elitist jury stole finland's rightful victory from under them

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
As a swede I agree, jury votes should be abolished

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
Wasn't it 2019 when norway got the most points from phone votes but still ended up in 10th place

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

THE BAR posted:

Is there a thread for this?

As the swede in question I fully endorse one being made

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/danielswedin/status/1657466732011831296?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Well I gotta hand it to him, he delivered.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

V. Illych L. posted:

i would like to note that sweden by no means deserved to win the eurovision song contest and that the unelected, elitist jury stole finland's rightful victory from under them
Swedes control the music business.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010

Hes not fooling anyone! I spy the tail end of a box of GW's låda in the back.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

loreen looked like she had eaten some crazy strong edibles at the end there

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

Agreed. Tattoo wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best.

It's also funny how they claim the jury votes are necessary to prevent neighboring nations from always voting for each other, then the juries largely vote for their neighboring nations anyway.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

ulvir posted:

loreen looked like she had eaten some crazy strong edibles at the end there

Sam Ryder looked like he was selling them

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Collateral Damage posted:

It's also funny how they claim the jury votes are necessary to prevent neighboring nations from always voting for each other, then the juries largely vote for their neighboring nations anyway.

:hmmyes:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Collateral Damage posted:

the jury thing serves no obvious purpose except to tamp down on the more *creative* submissions. i think it's a part of EBU trying to make the ESC an actual pop music behemoth connected to the broader market, but it just makes everything worse :mad:

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
gently caress people in english-speaking internet forums (including SA on GBS) are salty about Swedens win. Ngl it gets pretty unhinged.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I don't understand where this insane obsession over eurovision came from. it's just a dumb contest with bad music. literally every song will be forgotten after a week, tops

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

ulvir posted:

I don't understand

Every Scandinavian reaction to everything ever.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Ten years ago and I still think about it:

Konec Hry posted:

hade säkert varit fett om man hade fattat något

axolotl farmer posted:

Konec Hry posted:

hade säkert varit fett om man hade fattat något

det här fast hela tillvaron

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
https://youtu.be/K4Ksoizbl2s

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

ulvir posted:

I don't understand where this insane obsession over eurovision came from. it's just a dumb contest with bad music. literally every song will be forgotten after a week, tops

Eh, Hatari is a good band if you're into that genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

Falukorv posted:

gently caress people in english-speaking internet forums (including SA on GBS) are salty about Swedens win. Ngl it gets pretty unhinged.

People are mostly complaining about the jury-system which does suck, people know what they like and vote for what they like, cha cha cha while not my favorite song of the evening did get the most votes and should've won.

thotsky posted:

Eh, Hatari is a good band if you're into that genre.

Yes