Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

KennyMan666 posted:

Hidden amongst the shovelware sales, Zombie Incident will also be on sale (£/€1.49 instead of £/€1.99, heh). I can recommend picking that up for the low price, not that it's actually expensive at the non-sale price either. It's not the best game but it's an interesting little title, somewhat Metroidvania-ish in which you explore a castle/mansion. And it's also interesting in that it's literally an MSX game - it was developed on an MSX for a dev contest, and eventually was ported to 3DS. So it's got a few quirks from that, there's no scrolling, but all in all it's a nice little game, even if it doesn't last all that long.

I was going to list that game but I couldn't remember if it was the somewhat interesting zombie game with the generic name or one of the many, many awful zombie games with generic names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Kiiiiiinda tempted to buy Streets of Rage 2 again at that price just to have it portable and with M2's excellent conversion work even though I still have an MD cart of the game and have all the classic stuff Sega's put on Steam.

Either way, Ace Attorney is the big star this week.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Buy it the 3D looks amazing in that game, especially for stuff like the fairground alien boss.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Box of Bunnies posted:

Kiiiiiinda tempted to buy Streets of Rage 2 again at that price just to have it portable and with M2's excellent conversion work even though I still have an MD cart of the game and have all the classic stuff Sega's put on Steam.

Either way, Ace Attorney is the big star this week.

Do it M2 deserves everyone's cash for these beautiful ports.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
In Picross 3D Round 2, can someone explain Tips and Tricks vol. 2, Skill 16? The one with a 5x5 grid and sets of circled 2s on the edges. The tip it gives to mark potential blocks doesn't seem to be helping.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
There are cells in a row that can only be blue, which are in a column that can only be orange. So it can't be either, so destroy that block.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Scratch-O posted:

In Picross 3D Round 2, can someone explain Tips and Tricks vol. 2, Skill 16? The one with a 5x5 grid and sets of circled 2s on the edges. The tip it gives to mark potential blocks doesn't seem to be helping.

If you flag the cubes it should be obvious. A cube can't be simultaneously flagged 2 colors and therefore you need to remove it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Sakurazuka posted:

Buy it the 3D looks amazing in that game, especially for stuff like the fairground alien boss.

SylvainMustach posted:

Do it M2 deserves everyone's cash for these beautiful ports.

Re: 3D Streets of Rage 2. It's good.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Is Book 40 it for Picross 3D Pt 2, or can I unlock more in Hard mode? Also, can I just borrow my friends' Amiibos to unlock those levels if they aren't into Picross?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

How many total puzzles have they said are in Round 2? I'm just getting started on the Hard puzzles in the original for DS, so I'm probably a ways away from picking the new one up.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Is Book 40 it for Picross 3D Pt 2, or can I unlock more in Hard mode? Also, can I just borrow my friends' Amiibos to unlock those levels if they aren't into Picross?

Every other amiibo game doesn't save to the amiibo that you've used it in a game; so for example, you can use an amiibo to unlock a costume in multiple copies of Mario Kart 8; it doesn't get "used up".

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The T posted:

Every other amiibo game doesn't save to the amiibo that you've used it in a game; so for example, you can use an amiibo to unlock a costume in multiple copies of Mario Kart 8; it doesn't get "used up".

Yeah but some games you need to rescan amiibo to re-access content.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Well in this game it's a one time scan.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My only Amiibo is Ryu, so I don't use them much. Thanks for the info.

Teddybear posted:

How many total puzzles have they said are in Round 2? I'm just getting started on the Hard puzzles in the original for DS, so I'm probably a ways away from picking the new one up.

I just got the credits after finishing #255. So 255 plus however many Amiibo puzzles there are.

Edit: It just unlocked more puzzles after the credits. Why put the credits there and hide puzzles behind them? There's no plot or anything. :psyduck:

A Fancy 400 lbs fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 7, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

:911:, Target's got Bayonetta 2 for $9. Also, Hyrule Warriors for $18 and Xenoblade X for $18.

vvvv well, yeah, first print copies are long gone now.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 7, 2016

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's probably Bayo 2 standalone though, in case anyone was hoping otherwise.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Saoshyant posted:

:911:, Target's got Bayonetta 2 for $9. Also, Hyrule Warriors for $18 and Xenoblade X for $18.

Hyrule Warriors at 18? I...I have to go toTarget.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Saoshyant posted:

drat I just bought HW for $45 and XX for $30!!!

Also, I'm not seeing these prices online, is this in store only or only some stores?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

XtraSmiley posted:

Also, I'm not seeing these prices online, is this in store only or only some stores?

Like most Target promos, it's supposed to be per store, or I imagine you can ask to price match. Anyway, this is what I found elsewhere:

sensui-tomo posted:

use this to find which location near you has said games and for the said price

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/

Hyrule Warriors
207-30-0045

Bayonetta 2 * this is not the 2 pack
207-30-0102

NES Remix
207-30-1510

Xenoblade Chronicles
207-30-0052

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Saoshyant posted:

Dang, I guess Target clearance prices are quite unstable. Just picked up Bayo 2 last week for $15! Oh well at least I actually opened it and played a ton over the weekend.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Time for the age-old question: Anyone know what time the european (3DS) eShop updates? AA6 is coming out within the next 24 hours and I'm going to be on that poo poo.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
NA is getting Mario Strikers Charged on Wii U and Super Castlevania IV on 3DS tomorrow

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Willo567 posted:

NA is getting Mario Strikers Charged on Wii U and Super Castlevania IV on 3DS tomorrow

How was Striker Charger? I always heard a lot of great things about Mario Soccer, but never honestly tried it. Also I don't buy too many SNES re-releases on the 3DS, but Super Castlevania is one I would happily rebuy.

Speaking of which, one of my favorite tracks from that game I don't think ever reappear in the other Castlevania games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQkMTm_Bre4

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Amppelix posted:

Time for the age-old question: Anyone know what time the european (3DS) eShop updates?

Supposedly at around 1pm GMT. You should document it properly, though, so we can put this age-old question behind us once and for all.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Rirse posted:

How was Striker Charger? I always heard a lot of great things about Mario Soccer, but never honestly tried it. Also I don't buy too many SNES re-releases on the 3DS, but Super Castlevania is one I would happily rebuy.

Speaking of which, one of my favorite tracks from that game I don't think ever reappear in the other Castlevania games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQkMTm_Bre4

Strikers Charged kicks rear end. Fast, arcadey soccer with gently caress-off unbalanced powerups and super satisying waggle tackles. Buy it for the local multiplayer.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Rirse posted:

How was Striker Charger? I always heard a lot of great things about Mario Soccer, but never honestly tried it.

Stan Taylor posted:

Strikers Charged kicks rear end. Fast, arcadey soccer with gently caress-off unbalanced powerups and super satisying waggle tackles. Buy it for the local multiplayer.

I actually preferred the original one on GC as I found Charged very unbalanced and frustrating. The local multiplayer in the original was bliss, though. I honestly don't know if I've ever had more fun playing a game cooperatively in the same room with people. The AI on that game is very good and beating the hardest tournament in the game with myself and three mates versus the computer was a magical moment.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I will appreciate Strikers Charged for its' gritty intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBinxNwAN5s

Also this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6CLfZl0m88

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Aside from the obvious choice of Earthbound what other RPGs do I need to get on my 3DS from virtual console? I know there are a few hidden away in the Gameboy/Gameboy Color/Gamegear stuff but I don't recognize any of them. I don't think there are any from the NES but I'm not sure. Recommendations?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Getsuya posted:

Aside from the obvious choice of Earthbound what other RPGs do I need to get on my 3DS from virtual console? I know there are a few hidden away in the Gameboy/Gameboy Color/Gamegear stuff but I don't recognize any of them. I don't think there are any from the NES but I'm not sure. Recommendations?

Pokemon!

Lufia GBC is a random-dungeon game with JRPG combat: the combat's fun, the dungeons suck.

Shining Force Game Gear doesn't have the between-battle RPG sections, it's a straight SRPG a la early Fire Emblem games. It's good!

There are a couple other Game Gear RPGs that are fine but completely unmemorable: a SRPG called Crystal Warriors and a traditional JRPG called Defenders of Oasis.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

JustJeff88 posted:

I actually preferred the original one on GC as I found Charged very unbalanced and frustrating. The local multiplayer in the original was bliss, though. I honestly don't know if I've ever had more fun playing a game cooperatively in the same room with people. The AI on that game is very good and beating the hardest tournament in the game with myself and three mates versus the computer was a magical moment.

Charged had five-goal super shots that required you to make split-second saves using dogshit motion controls, and I will never play it again because of them

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's been a long time since I played it but I'm pretty sure you can turn those off

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Pokemon!

Lufia GBC is a random-dungeon game with JRPG combat: the combat's fun, the dungeons suck.

Shining Force Game Gear doesn't have the between-battle RPG sections, it's a straight SRPG a la early Fire Emblem games. It's good!

There are a couple other Game Gear RPGs that are fine but completely unmemorable: a SRPG called Crystal Warriors and a traditional JRPG called Defenders of Oasis.

Thanks, I'll look those ones up! Anybody have any thoughts on Sword of Hope 2 or the Legend of the River King series?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Anyone know what the aussie price of Spirit of Justice is going to be?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Anyone know what the aussie price of Spirit of Justice is going to be?

$39.95

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

checksin posted:

Charged had five-goal super shots that required you to make split-second saves using dogshit motion controls, and I will never play it again because of them

I couldn't have said it better, or made it sound worse, myself.

The DX crotch chop is okay, though.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Easily saved five goal super-shots using motion controls that work, come on. Not all waggle is instantly unresponsive. Once you got into high end play (ugh) you'd barely use the captain Mega anyway because anyone worth a drat can catch them all. It was all about warping Boo into the goal or Toad-jumping over the goalies head.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Electric Phantasm posted:

I will appreciate Strikers Charged for its' gritty intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBinxNwAN5s
enough with the visual metaphors for Nintendo's treatment of Metroid!!!

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I literally can't understand people not being able to point at a TV and move a controller slightly. It's literally like using a laser pointer. Unless your motion bar is behind a bunch of pizza boxes or you're holding the wii remote backwards I don't see how making saves in that game is a problem. Saving shots in that game is the same process as picking a game on the wii's start menu

Charged is a pretty fun game if you and some mates get into it. Very loud and cursey.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

Supposedly at around 1pm GMT. You should document it properly, though, so we can put this age-old question behind us once and for all.

I've been F5ving furiously. It is now 8 minutes past 2 pm GMT, and the eshop has updated. So 2 PM.

E: Or, I guess if you take into account that it's DST right now, it's only 1 PM. I dunno if they do or not.

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Sep 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of September 8):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Jotun Valhalla Edition - €13.49 / £10.79 until September 15, standard price €14.99 / £11.99
    140 - €7.99 / £5.59
    Vector Wars - €7.99 / £7.99
    Alice in Wonderland - €4.52 / £3.78
    Rorrim - €4.52 / £4.09
    Touch Selections - €2.99 / £2.69
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - €9.99 / £8.99 for Wii U, €16.99 / £15.29 for Wii U + 3DS
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mighty no.9 (Wii U) - €15.99 / £14.39, Rey DLC on sale until September 15
    Cubemen 2 (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.49 for owners of Legend of Kurasaki until September 22

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice - €29.99 / £24.99
    Kingdom's Item Shop - €5.00 / £4.79
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - €14.99 / £13.49 for Wii U, €16.99 / £15.29 for 3DS + Wii U
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice Costume Bundle - free until September 15, standard price €0.99 / £0.89
NEW 3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Final Fight (SNES) - €7.99 / £7.19
    Final Fight 2 (SNES) - €7.99 / £7.19
    Final Fight 3 (SNES) - €7.99 / £7.19
3DS MENU THEMES
    AA Spirit of Justice Athena Sykes Pixel Art - €1.99 / £1.79
    AA Spirit of Justice Athena Main Characters - €1.99 / £1.79
    Art School with Miffy - €0.99 / £0.89
    Drawing with Miffy - €0.99 / £0.89
    Miffy learns to write - €0.99 / £0.89
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy any two Final Fight SNES games, get the third free! - ends September 22
    3D Fantasy Zone (3DS eShop) - €2.45 / £2.20 until September 15
    3D Gunstar Heroes (3DS eShop) - €2.45 / £2.20 until September 15
    3D Outrun (3DS eShop) - €2.45 / £2.20 until September 15
    3D Shinobi 3 (3DS eShop) - €2.45 / £2.20 until September 15
    3D Space Harrier (3DS eShop) - €2.45 / £2.20 until September 15
    3D Streets of Rage (3DS eShop) - €2.45 / £2.20 until September 15
    3D Streets of Rage 2 (3DS eShop) - €2.45 / £2.20 until September 15
    3D Super Hang-On (3DS eShop) - €2.45 / £2.20 until September 15
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until September 18
    Cubemen 2 (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £1.49 for owners of Legend of Kurasaki until September 22
    escapeVetor (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £2.99 for owners of Legend of Kurasaki until September 22
    Fun! Fun! Minigolf Touch (3DS eShop) - €2.24 / £1.85 until September 22
    Legend of Dark Witch 2 (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until September 22
    Iron Combat: War in the Air (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 until September 29
    Steel Empire (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £8.99 until September 29
    The Keep (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until September 29
    Fairune (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.59 until September 29
    Zombie Incident (3DS eShop) - €1.49 / £1.49 until September 29

NA update (week of September 8):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Jotun: Valhalla Edition - $13.49 until September 15, standard price $14.99
    Futuridium 3D Deluxe - $7.99 (cross-buy)
    Letter Quest Remastered - $9.99
    Tetraminos - $4.99
    SphereZor - $4.99
    Ronnin - $5.00
    Touch Selections - $2.99
    The Gem Collector - $2.99
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - $9.99 for Wii U, $19.99 for Wii U + 3DS
WII DOWNLOADS ON WII U
    Mario Strikers Charged - $19.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mighty no.9 (Wii U) - $15.99, Rey DLC on sale until September 15
    Paranautical Activity (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 until September 22
    Art of Balance (3DS eShop) - $5.70 until September 22

NEW 3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Futuridium EP Deluxe - $7.99 (cross-buy)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice - $29.99
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - $14.99 for Wii U, $19.99 for Wii U + 3DS
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice Costume Bundle - free until September 15, standard price $0.99
NEW 3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super Castlevania 4 (SNES) - $7.99
3DS MENU THEMES
    AA Spirit of Justice Phoenix Wright Pixel Art - $?
    AA Spirit of Justice Apollo Justice Pixel Art - $?
    AA Spirit of Justice Athena Sykes Pixel Art - $?
    AA Spirit of Justice Athena Main Characters - $?
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Etrian Odyssey 4 (3DS) - $9.99 until September 12
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (3DS eShop) - $9.99 until September 15
    Legend of Legacy (3DS) - $24.99 until September 19
    Fun1 Fun! Minigolf Touch (3DS eShop) - $2.24 until September 22
    Legend of Dark Witch (3DS eShop) - $2.79 until September 22
    Zombie Incident (3DS eShop) - $1.49 until September 29
    The Keep (3DS) - "on sale" until September 29

Final Fight SNES suuuuucks.