Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moNHfeBJ81I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Matty was crying about being called matty earlier in the week

coathat
May 21, 2007

icantfindaname posted:

Finally we have our confirmation that Will at least is 100% weeaboo

https://soundcloud.com/ballin-out-super/063-goku-screws-up-a-fairly-straight-forward-plan-w-will-menaker

What was it? It's deleted

It was funny when he posted his book shelf and all the manga was turned around backwards.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Worst Chapo. :colbert:

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Groovelord Neato posted:

trigger warning: bernie would’ve won.

Hillary won.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
:chaostrump: :wrong:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Don't worry: our hero Mueller will uncover the smoking gun any day now and put glorious abuela will rescue us

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I'm late to the Chapo party but I've just started listening to them and they're great. So far my favorite episode is Spice World where they go off on a Dune tangent, but the funniest bit is the Jordan Peterson impression at the beginning with their mockery of his interrogation of Disney films.

"Nobody can ask you if you want to build a snowman, you should just do it or not, this is the collectivization of our snowy friends! The implication of asking someone if they want to build a snowman is they want to take a carrot from your refrigerator and I feel like individualism dies when you do that! Use your own carrot!"

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Ccs posted:

I'm late to the Chapo party but I've just started listening to them and they're great. So far my favorite episode is Spice World where they go off on a Dune tangent, but the funniest bit is the Jordan Peterson impression at the beginning with their mockery of his interrogation of Disney films.

"Nobody can ask you if you want to build a snowman, you should just do it or not, this is the collectivization of our snowy friends! The implication of asking someone if they want to build a snowman is they want to take a carrot from your refrigerator and I feel like individualism dies when you do that! Use your own carrot!"

If you haven't heard the earlier Jordan B. Peterson bits, they're gold. "YOUNG MEN TODAY ARE LIKE THE BEAST! THEY'RE EXPECTED TO LIVE ALONE IN A CASTLE BUT THEY HAVE NONE OF HIS BENEFITS! THERE'S NO DANCING CANDLE TO SING SONGS WITH!!!"

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Yes, that bit was amazing. I love their impression so much I made a compilation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKltnPZHYPA

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Has Chapo's patreon lost subscribers? It's at $99k per month, has that gone up or down? I'm curious for some reason

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

icantfindaname posted:

Has Chapo's patreon lost subscribers? It's at $99k per month, has that gone up or down? I'm curious for some reason

https://graphtreon.com/creator/chapotraphouse

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Every patreon has that monthly dip.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Apoplexy posted:

Normal people.

Remember when a bunch of severely brokebrained goons called another goon ableist in one of the old feminism threads because she had the audacity to suggest that instead of posting angrily online they should try donating their time and effort to a shelter or doing literally anything other than post?

This is just like that except with that guy's real name attached to it.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
They sound bored out of their loving skulls talking about 12 Strong, it doesn’t sound like the movie was even interesting to discuss.

And wasting Michael Shannon is an absolute crime, he’s even good in Pottersville, the DTV Christmas movie about him getting drunk and acting like Bigfoot after his wife (Christina Hendricks) gets caught fooling around with the town sheriff (Ron Perlman) while dressed in fursuits.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

They sound bored out of their loving skulls talking about 12 Strong, it doesn’t sound like the movie was even interesting to discuss.
Amber's just high. "How come people don't know the word calvary anymore?"

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Every patreon has that monthly dip.

Every dip is when they use the r word or push someone out of a wheelchair on the podcast.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

adebisi lives posted:

Every dip is when they use the r word or push someone out of a wheelchair on the podcast.

it was understandable that they performed a legal kill on Apache land to RL but them chanting "PURITY POLITICS" was a bit much.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

And wasting Michael Shannon is an absolute crime, he’s even good in Pottersville, the DTV Christmas movie about him getting drunk and acting like Bigfoot after his wife (Christina Hendricks) gets caught fooling around with the town sheriff (Ron Perlman) while dressed in fursuits.

Yeah, I’m not one to be picky about an episode but there wasn’t a lot of energy or substance. I don’t blame em though, the movie sounds like the absolute worst of the 9/11 genre.

It did prompt me to finally buy a copy of “Take Shelter” on eBay, so I could watch a movie where Michael Shannon is not wasted.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Take Shelter rules, Bug is also a good Michael Shannon film that really lets him fly off the handle.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

Apoplexy posted:

If you haven't heard the earlier Jordan B. Peterson bits, they're gold. "YOUNG MEN TODAY ARE LIKE THE BEAST! THEY'RE EXPECTED TO LIVE ALONE IN A CASTLE BUT THEY HAVE NONE OF HIS BENEFITS! THERE'S NO DANCING CANDLE TO SING SONGS WITH!!!"

As a JBP fan, I have to admit that is a pretty amusing satire. I can practically hear it in my head.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

source your quotes.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CountFosco posted:

As a JBP fan, I have to admit that is a pretty amusing satire. I can practically hear it in my head.

a powerful self own

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

pottersville sounds like it rules

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

CountFosco posted:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Don't spook him off guys I wanna hear exactly what parts he's a fan of

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/997517408586919936

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

The only times when Amber isn't high is when Chapo has a guest so serious that Felix isn't allowed on the mic, lest Felix explain 6ix9ine and XXXTentacion to a 50+ academic

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Halloween Jack posted:

pretty sure she was talking about this

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

PLease respect our horse troops

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

CountFosco posted:

Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LqZdkkBDas

And then watch this playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFad02vA5AOE1H54uQgJbJxBDonm-Gmpw

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

padijun posted:

Yeah, but she said it wrong.

Also, I think "cavalry" technically means that you fight while on the horse, and from the sound of it, these guys didn't fight at all.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

yeah they were dragoons

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Trabandiumium posted:

yeah they were dragoons, which is still technically cavalry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzgq1248CV8

coathat
May 21, 2007

prefect posted:

Yeah, but she said it wrong.

Also, I think "cavalry" technically means that you fight while on the horse, and from the sound of it, these guys didn't fight at all.

Get this there are many cavalry units in modern armies and none of them fight on horseback.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Or read this article about how crazy and self-serious JPB is https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/18/style/jordan-peterson-12-rules-for-life.html

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
he's extremely dumb but also hilarious so it's a tossup

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

I disagree with Contrapoints on some pretty fundamental issues. For example, everything.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Ccs posted:

Or read this article about how crazy and self-serious JPB is https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/18/style/jordan-peterson-12-rules-for-life.html

I liked this review more:
http://slatestarcodex.com/2018/03/26/book-review-twelve-rules-for-life/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

padijun posted:

that makes it sounds like it's about the horses.