Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

victrix posted:

Started playing this last night with a friend in quick play and every single game was on cursed hollow. Is that normal?

IIRC until you're player level 5 you can't get anything but cursed hollow, and until you're player level maybe 10?? some more maps don't unlock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
I've had very little time to play HOTS lately and really wanted el guapo, so I decided to go grind out the event in coop vs Elite AIs. I haven't played vs AI since my first day of playing so I had no idea what to expect and was kind of curious what the players and AI were like. Here is what I learned:

• Almost nobody plays warriors but plenty of people play support. I think only one or two of my games had no support on the player side. AI team is not matched vs your team, so you sometimes have no support vs support games.
  • AI plays worse when they end up in the lead with a structure advantage (this happened a lot more than I expected) because they love splitting off solo and have no map instincts. If the wave crashes into your keep, they will try to solo the keep down and get picked off.
  • AI love making boss plays on Warhead but don't understand that they need to be at a good health for it and will frequently die on the boss.
  • AI will actually hide in bushes near objectives.
  • The KTZ AI did not live up to his reputation. The Chromie and KT AIs were the best assassins, Malf was the best AI support, Diablo was the only memorably good AI tank.
  • The players mechanics were fine (I saw some really great plays) but they were much, much worse at ending games than I'm used to. Every single game went past level 20 even if we got a four level lead. Can't end with keeps up y'know!
  • Even less conversation than QM. Closest thing I saw to toxicity was a spam pinging stukov.

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jun 10, 2018

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
All the AIs have no idea how to dodge boss attacks; it's just that the warhead bosses have a high damage fuckzone that the AI doesn't bother to step out of.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

fool_of_sound posted:

All the AIs have no idea how to dodge boss attacks; it's just that the warhead bosses have a high damage fuckzone that the AI doesn't bother to step out of.
They're really bad at standing in all forms of fire. Stukov's lurking arm sends them into disarray, Fenix's beam just murders them, etc.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Gobbeldygook posted:

[*]The players mechanics were fine (I saw some really great plays) but they were much, much worse at ending games than I'm used to. Every single game went past level 20 even if we got a four level lead. Can't end with keeps up y'know!

[/list]

I do this when playing against AI, not because I don't know you can end the game faster but because if I'm playing against AI the goal isn't winning really (that's a given). I'm doing quests before work and just feel like blowing up all the buildings first. :shrug:

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

doverhog posted:

I do this when playing against AI, not because I don't know you can end the game faster but because if I'm playing against AI the goal isn't winning really (that's a given). I'm doing quests before work and just feel like blowing up all the buildings first. :shrug:

Blowing up keeps is how you get MVP and win.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Also allegedly blowing up all the keeps gets you more XP (and at the very least makes the game take longer, which means more XP regardless).

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I think the Ai also just stand in Dva's exploding mech.

edit: yeah dragging out ai games is the key. sometimes you want to at least get to try out some level 20 talent.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

appropriatemetaphor posted:

I think the Ai also just stand in Dva's exploding mech.

edit: yeah dragging out ai games is the key. sometimes you want to at least get to try out some level 20 talent.

On Elite they have learned how to dodge it. They still struggle with Stukov’s Lurking Arm tho.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Mierenneuker posted:

On Elite they have learned how to dodge it. They still struggle with Stukov’s Lurking Arm tho.

This is consistent with players so

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
The AI seems to have savant syndrome to me. They will unerringly hit skill shots that only the most pro of players can make, then go try to take a merc camp alone at the 15 min mark for easy ganking.

They will throw 4 people to stop the player Gazlowe from pushing. This is a good decision now and again. The problem is all 4 pretty much stayed there the whole game, ignoring the rest of the team easily winning the game.

That last one happened in my last AI game. All I wanted was to drop turrets everywhere, not have Zagara, Azmodan, and Greymane swarming me. :smith:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Cavelcade posted:

This is consistent with players so

It’s worse than that. The Elite AI will move back and forth if you catch them in a Lurking Arm while minions are clashing. If you miss the Lurking Arm then they will avoid it like lava, even if that means they will be zoned out and take a lot of damage from others.

In general the AI is bit by bit getting better. It’s a shame that the AI if somebody disconnects is terrible (and completely broken right now).

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Reminder: today is the last day of the event, so if you're like me and were waiting to see if you lucked into an item, open those last few boxes and then spend the triangles.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Now the question is which chihuahua mount do I get.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

you get the hellscreamers one because you opened a base Jefe Skin Garrosh

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

BrianBoitano posted:

Reminder: today is the last day of the event, so if you're like me and were waiting to see if you lucked into an item, open those last few boxes and then spend the triangles.

What, the net says 12th tuesday in EU, what am i missing?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

skipThings posted:

That's the advertised time but blizzard events have a habit of ending early

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Gobbeldygook posted:

They're really bad at standing in all forms of fire. Stukov's lurking arm sends them into disarray, Fenix's beam just murders them, etc.

And yet they will continually sidestep out of skillshots the second you hit the button even if they have no way of actually seeing your character.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

skipThings posted:

Ends Monday the 11th in US. Since patches are in mornings PST / midday EST, tonight is most US player's last chance.

e: seeing conflicting reports online. Some say Tuesday (which is normal patch day) but they do have the ability to turn these things off without a patch, so edge at your own risk.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 11, 2018

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Kurieg posted:

And yet they will continually sidestep out of skillshots the second you hit the button even if they have no way of actually seeing your character.

Circle-based skillshots are what they're the worst about. Chromie W, KTZ W, Nazeebo's zombie wall; it's rare that you land those through pure skill on bots. By comparison, regular ole linear skillshots they seem a lot less concerned about, or even stuff like Nazeebo spiders.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

Circle-based skillshots are what they're the worst about. Chromie W, KTZ W, Nazeebo's zombie wall; it's rare that you land those through pure skill on bots. By comparison, regular ole linear skillshots they seem a lot less concerned about, or even stuff like Nazeebo spiders.

I can land Chromie's W with greater reliability than I can Zagara's infested drop.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
That's just Infested Drop. :v:

In hindsight, Chromie's W has something weird to it where sometimes the bots will nope straight out of it and other times if they're mildly distracted they just forget to and pop. That's not the case with the other ones, IME.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Chromie's W has no visual indicator to the enemy team, so I guess they're trying to make the AI replicate the guesswork that's required to predict it?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's a little inconsistent but in general they perfectly react with fairly high priority to shots with target markers and completely ignore ones with no markers.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

BrianBoitano posted:

Ends Monday the 11th in US. Since patches are in mornings PST / midday EST, tonight is most US player's last chance.

e: seeing conflicting reports online. Some say Tuesday (which is normal patch day) but they do have the ability to turn these things off without a patch, so edge at your own risk.

Yup. If you waited until the end, you do your final shopping on Monday, regardless of what region you are in.

I got El Jefe Garrosh + matching emotes myself. I didn't get the matching Chihuahua, because I think the Road Boar chopper looks better. That mount looks really good on all the beefy guys (Blaze, Stitches, E.T.C.).

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

The pigñata explodes in confetti when you dismount. Nice satisfying sfx when it happens too. They did a great job with it!

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Any idea on how long razorgrin will be in the store?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Erdricks posted:

Any idea on how long razorgrin will be in the store?

I think the original announcement when it was added said it'll be available until June 25.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

I think the original announcement when it was added said it'll be available until June 25.

Confirmed.
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/17618104344#post-11

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

dang that means i probably won't get enough gold to buy it in time :(

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

How do you Garrosh? Is he just real comp dependent? Like trying to play more tanks because I see people tossing folks around with Garrosh to be insta-nuked. But trying him in QM he just gets dunked on and throwing doesn't matter because it's basically just a trade.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Garrosh is good in every comp, because you can always just use his throw as peel.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

appropriatemetaphor posted:

How do you Garrosh? Is he just real comp dependent? Like trying to play more tanks because I see people tossing folks around with Garrosh to be insta-nuked. But trying him in QM he just gets dunked on and throwing doesn't matter because it's basically just a trade.

Garrosh takes a bit of learning, since you have to know when and how to use your throws. He's absolutely overpowered in the hands of a skilled player regardless of comp.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Garrosh is good for three reasons:
1) he still has native armor, while all other tanks lost it
2) all tanks punish people for being out of position; in Garrosh’s case the punishment is “you’re dead”
3) he can give himself Unstoppable easily and on command

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
His biggest weakness is bad wave clear and can't kill anyone by himself. So if your entire team is really dumb then it makes you completely useless (kinda like Cain, you can get the sickest roots but you need your teammates to do the damage). But if you have some ok teammates who can perform complex tasks like clear minion waves and attack the guy who gets tossed then you'll be great.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
And when all else fails throw your coward team into the enemy and show them the path to true orc'dom

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

dang that means i probably won't get enough gold to buy it in time :(

Just do all your daily quests and push characters to 5/10

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Kurieg posted:

Just do all your daily quests and push characters to 5/10

You might have screwed yourself if you spent all your gold rerolling event chests since the shark got added. It also helps if you've been saving gold for those heroes you don't own yet, like me (almost back to having 30k, whaddup).

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Do not pray for me, for I am already lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Mierenneuker posted:

You might have screwed yourself if you spent all your gold rerolling event chests since the shark got added. It also helps if you've been saving gold for those heroes you don't own yet, like me (almost back to having 30k, whaddup).

yeah that's basically exactly what i did and i've only got about 3k. between work and other games i doubt i'll have enough time to grind it up :negative: