Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

When is Sessions' old seat up again? If it's in 2018 the dude could probably run for it again and win it back easily.

It's already filled by a guy that intends to run for it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Accusing Comey of lying about this particular thing puts the burden of proof on Trump. Only way to prove it is to release the tapes :getin:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

A bit back but

Rubio in particular is of note.

That's very good, but it's too much to hope for a full blown Picard, it seems.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
It's actually up for debate that a sitting President can only be impeached but not indicted. I don't really see where indictment immunity comes from. Certainly doesn't fall under Sovereign Immunity. It's one of those questions nobody really bothered with until a literal criminal compromised by a foreign power was elected President with a supportive Congress.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Ice Phisherman posted:

He's going to fire him.

A man who was once a sitting senator is going to be kicked to the curb for trusting in Trump.

No one of any position will ever put him or herself in his power again.

Perhaps, we'll get extremely lucky, and this timeline will auto-correct to a good one where Trump accidentally weakens the power of the Executive branch down to pre-9/11 levels

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

skylined! posted:

i'm pretty certain if trump fires sessions we will not have an AG until trump is impeached

This is unironically a legit possibility - even if Trump somehow manages to quickly find an AG who isn't a significant step up from loving Beauregard (he won't), that candidate still needs to get through confirmation. Democrats aren't going to yield an inch with blood in the water and Republicans will be at least somewhat spooked by the administrative disarray and thus will be more likely to be vulnerable to the inevitable pressure from home. To say nothing of how all of this would interfere with the Senate's timetable on taking everyone's healthcare away.

Trump firing Sessions would be an unimaginable own-goal, and he might just be stupid enough to do it.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

A bit back but

For the first time ever

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

TheScott2K posted:

It's actually up for debate that a sitting President can only be impeached but not indicted. I don't really see where indictment immunity comes from. Certainly doesn't fall under Sovereign Immunity. It's one of those questions nobody really bothered with until a literal criminal compromised by a foreign power was elected President with a supportive Congress.

yeah nobody bothered with that question if you discount all of the nixon presidency where SCOTUS heard arguments on exactly that question

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If the nsa leak and response is anything, I'm hoping that there really was widespread voting machine tampering and it was actually worse than the leaks indicated.

Ok I gotta really go to sleep or I'll stay up all drat day reading about this. It's a drat addiction, get it in my veins

my bony fealty posted:

Perhaps, we'll get extremely lucky, and this timeline will auto-correct to a good one where Trump accidentally weakens the power of the Executive branch down to pre-9/11 levels
mother earth is a body, it's just using a fever to smoke out the infection, is all.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Melania and Barron are moving to the white house next week.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/06/melania-and-barron-to-move-into-the-white-house-next-week.html

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

maybe :smugdog:

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Maybe I'm a bit too cynical but I'm thinking someone told Trump he needs to up his optics-game.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

A bit back but

tfw you'd rather eat your own hand than listen to the ramblings of one of your party's most distinguished Senators and former Presidential hopeful

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I just helped a teacher rig a classroom election to make sure "all star" and "good riddance" won spots in a graduation video because we had already set up the video template for the intro and ending with those songs as examples and someone deleted the unrendered file.

What's it like in 1998? You're not going to like 2000-2020 very much, FYI.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Retro42 posted:

Maybe I'm a bit too cynical but I'm thinking someone told Trump he needs to up his optics-game.

You say that like people like Melania.

...Do people like Melania?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

business hammocks posted:

All-Star was released in 1999. Check your facts punk.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I'm sure Christie or Guilliani wouild be up there for AG if Trump fired Sessions.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

This is unironically a legit possibility - even if Trump somehow manages to quickly find an AG who isn't a significant step up from loving Beauregard (he won't), that candidate still needs to get through confirmation. Democrats aren't going to yield an inch with blood in the water and Republicans will be at least somewhat spooked by the administrative disarray and thus will be more likely to be vulnerable to the inevitable pressure from home. To say nothing of how all of this would interfere with the Senate's timetable on taking everyone's healthcare away.

Trump firing Sessions would be an unimaginable own-goal, and he might just be stupid enough to do it.

ya man i wasn't shitpostin'. this administration is the most toxic in modern history. no one wants to work with them of note, and anyone that does want the AG job likely can't be confirmed.

downside here is that bannon is getting his wish of government grinding to a halt, just not in the way he imagined.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

botany posted:

yeah nobody bothered with that question if you discount all of the nixon presidency where SCOTUS heard arguments on exactly that question

Did they? My understanding of Watergate was that the special prosecutor never made any attempt to indict the president so no legal precedent was ever created.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Does pity count?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

They definitely don't like the whole "spend hundreds of millions of dollars protecting Trump Tower" stuff, which is relatively simple to fix.

Boon posted:

I'm sure Christie or Guilliani wouild be up there for AG if Trump fired Sessions.

The Kush HAAAATES Christie and would never allow it, Guiliani maybe.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

NRVNQSR posted:

Did they? My understanding of Watergate was that the special prosecutor never made any attempt to indict the president so no legal precedent was ever created.

Does pity count?

Why would anyone pity Melania?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Place your bets now on how long they can keep him off Twitter.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Spiritus Nox posted:

She is the epitome of class to white trash

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

skylined! posted:

ya man i wasn't shitpostin'. this administration is the most toxic in modern history. no one wants to work with them of note, and anyone that does want the AG job likely can't be confirmed.

downside here is that bannon is getting his wish of government grinding to a halt, just not in the way he imagined.

I mean, hell, when the government is actively malicious there's not much for it but to shut it down until that can be corrected.

NRVNQSR posted:

Does pity count?

Man, I got no emotional energy to spare on someone who chose to even project the image of loving The Donald.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Meridian posted:

Why would anyone pity Melania?

She's married to Donald Trump.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Please fire Sessions. Please please please please

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

NRVNQSR posted:

Take the king's shilling...

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Boon posted:

wasn't this hashed out before sessions was nominated? ghouliani is fine collecting fox news paychecks and christie would have quite an interesting conflict of interest as AG, with kushner under investigation. i don't know if that'd legitimately be enough to disqualify him but i can't see dems voting to confirm.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
It would be great for your ratings Donny! Do it

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Combed Thunderclap posted:

The Kush HAAAATES Christie and would never allow it, Guiliani maybe.

If Twitter is to be believed (yes, I know), Giuliani may be under RICO investigation in NY.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

business hammocks posted:

I'm pretty sure they played bye bye miss american pie at my 2000 highschool graduation so I feel like it's a tradition for public schools to be way into using old people music for stuff.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

NRVNQSR posted:

Wasn't aware that she was forced into that arrangement.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Inferior Third Season posted:

Greatest correction ever?

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/08/politics/comey-hearing-trump-liar/index.html

quote:

CORRECTION: This story has been updated to remove quotation marks around the word liar.

This is good stuff.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Meridian posted:

ya know

melania woulda had to touch the same monkey's paw as the gop

:thunk:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Meridian posted:

And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Meridian posted:

Hell, if anything she had ample evidence of what she was getting into!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
It's going to be wonderful once reports leak out that they're sleeping in separate rooms because she can't stand him or his apnea

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Place your bets now on how long they can keep him off Twitter.

late tonight / extremely early tomorrow morning. Need to give it time so Donny can walk around the white house in his bathrobe feeling lonely, isolated and frustrated.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

lol this can't be real

https://twitter.com/davidgshortell/status/872829701168955392

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

They have absolutely no idea how government works do they?

• Locked thread