Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Jewel Repetition posted:

"Accidentally"

"oops what a blunder, i'd hate for politico to begin the 48-hour-news-cycle talking points about how the trump campaign is going to bring up whitewater!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I can't stress enough how much no one is going to give a poo poo about Whitewater in the year 2016.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Do they think the RNC has some sort of secret info or is there really no one in this campaign with ok knowledge on Whitewater? That's baffling.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
oh gently caress christ VP Gingrich and Whitewater and cattle futures and Paranoid Randroid has come unstuck in time

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jewel Repetition posted:

Whoopsie, I sent mah email to a guy I don't know whom you leak political secrets to, instead of my boss :sun:

Hope Hicks is a twenty seven year old whose past work experience includes modelling and being the person who types the tweets Trump yells at her, so yeah, it's kind of believable that this was a mistake.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Slate Action posted:

I can't stress enough how much no one is going to give a poo poo about Whitewater in the year 2016.

Whitewater sounds like White Walker. Maybe they can somehow work Game of Thrones into this, and make it relevant.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

oh gently caress christ VP Gingrich and Whitewater and cattle futures and Paranoid Randroid has come unstuck in time

Pick me up some gushers while you're back there.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the talking points reverse backwards out of the microphone and fly back into Katrina Piersons mouth and she walks out of the studio and back to the green room and the talking points leap from her insane eyes and land on the briefing paper which folds itself up and disappears into her pocket. so it goes.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Jewel Repetition posted:

Whoopsie, I sent mah email to a guy I don't know whom you leak political secrets to, instead of my boss :sun:

guess thats the danger of hiring some 20 something chick with no real experience to run the communications of a national campaign

shes hot as gently caress though which is probably all donald trump cares about

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/ShawnHils/status/735526970134564864

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
trump will make leaks great again

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

like i can totally believe having someone pretty to look at while yelling out his tweets was his sole qualification required for one the most important jobs in the campaign

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

babypolis posted:

guess thats the danger of hiring some 20 something chick with no real experience to run the communications of a national campaign

part of his appeal is always picking the hottest girl for the job imo

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

the talking points reverse backwards out of the microphone and fly back into Katrina Piersons mouth and she walks out of the studio and back to the green room and the talking points leap from her insane eyes and land on the briefing paper which folds itself up and disappears into her pocket. so it goes.

The last 15 years were a malicious lie. We were all sealed in a bubble as a parody of history was preformed on our computer screens. There's no real world to escape to though. It was all torn down and sold off while we were distracted.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't like how I have to pause for a second after I read poo poo like this because it's sometimes real now.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
brietbart and infowars will have front row seats in the white house press room under a trump administration

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

mannerup posted:

brietbart and infowars will have front row seats in the white house press room under a trump administration

I want Alex Jones as head of CIA, come on.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I think The Golden Calf himself could carry this thing to November and lose a regular-close election if he only ever had to rely on himself, but people like Pierson, Lewandowski, and the various surrogates who can't steamroll reality are going to have a really tough go of this election. And god help them if there's any skeletons in the closet that Trumps famous vetting team didn't catch. Just on a purely physical level I can't imagine trying to deal with the whims of Don, a campaign and then having to jet back to NYC nearly every night.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ZDR pls wordfilter Corey Lewandowski to "Solomon Grundy"

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

mannerup posted:

At this point, they are no worse than HuffPo or NYT.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

ZDR pls wordfilter Corey Lewandowski to "Solomon Grundy"

I would like to see Reince Priebus as "Bourbon Elf"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lol
https://twitter.com/alivitali/status/735528857743155201

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
solomon corey want pants too

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

quote:

One takes a pint-size dog named Toby almost everywhere, smokes electronic cigarettes and wears his silver hair in a sweeping pompadour.

The other has a portrait of Richard M. Nixon tattooed on his back, boasts that he owns more shoes than Imelda Marcos and traffics in conspiracy theories about the Kennedy assassination.

The 2016 election, filled with ugly insults, whispered innuendo and sordid character attacks, features two central antagonists known for their colorful traits and devotion to the dark arts of politics: David Brock and Roger J. Stone Jr.

Each has a passion for his side — Mr. Brock for Hillary Clinton and Mr. Stone for Donald J. Trump — and a zeal for attacking critics of his candidate. Their intensity and pugnacity make them either perfect villains or misunderstood masterminds, depending on your point of view.

On the wall of Mr. Stone’s office in South Florida, which has an undisclosed address because of the death threats he said he had received, hangs a “Spy vs. Spy” cartoon, which young staff members titled “Brock-Stone” after the two battling operatives.

quote:

“Socially, he’s a very charming, likable, intelligent guy,” Mr. Stone said of his rival in a telephone interview on Saturday. He praised Mr. Brock’s style, saying he is “a dapper guy” and likening his hairstyle to that of the title character in “Eraserhead,” David Lynch’s 1977 surrealist horror film.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/24/us/politics/roger-stone-david-brock-trump-clinton.html

Note the lack of a direct quote from Brock. The Clinton campaign actually tries to coordinate its press, while T rump's is about as disciplined as Trump himself.

EDIT: This stupid word replacement thing makes it even harder to post news in this thread. So we're going full bad jokes and idiots in here?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

quote:

One takes a pint-size dog named Toby almost everywhere, smokes electronic cigarettes and wears his silver hair in a sweeping pompadour.

The other has a portrait of Richard M. Nixon tattooed on his back, boasts that he owns more shoes than Imelda Marcos and traffics in conspiracy theories about the Kennedy assassination.

guillotine

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
This just-released poll is from May 10-12, but still:

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/735537338433085440

So many delicious undecideds. #FeelTheJohnson

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I picture Midwesterners saying "Oh that Mr. Tramp, he's just so disrespectful" and staying home in November.

Except for Indianans, blood sport excites them

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

this loving world filter is seriously driving me crazy

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

bring back HENRY offenses, imo

Peanut Wagon
Dec 28, 2006

Relax. Go Nuts.
Anyone have that glorious picture of trump looking at his own twitter feed? I cant seem to find it anywhere

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

babypolis posted:

"Hm, I don't know who these goons are talking about, I'd better google he-"

:eyepop:
Holy poo poo her head is three sizes too small

It's like that scene at the end of beetlejuice

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Roger Stone has pictures of like Wendel Wilkie and Eisenhower and Dick Nixon hung all over his office with their eyes focused squarely on where he sits behind the desk and the psychic pressure of all these dead white guys is boring a hole straight through his mind into Dark Realms Beyond the Veil

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
he opens his mouth and a fractal image of Nelson Rockefeller, made of varicolored smoke, floats up out of his throat

Dr Dracula
Oct 30, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Grimey Drawer

Shageletic posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/24/us/politics/roger-stone-david-brock-trump-clinton.html

Note the lack of a direct quote from Brock. The Clinton campaign actually tries to coordinate its press, while T rump's is about as disciplined as Trump himself.

EDIT: This stupid word replacement thing makes it even harder to post news in this thread. So we're going full bad jokes and idiots in here?

John Cleese said that the hotel manager who inspired Faulty Towers had the attitude of "I could run this hotel properly if it weren't for the guests." That's how the higher-ups here look at us plebes (or else Lowtax is doped up on Xanax most of the time and the admins are trying to drive away activity and put him in the poorhouse over some petty grudge).

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Dr Dracula posted:

John Cleese said that the hotel manager who inspired Faulty Towers had the attitude of "I could run this hotel properly if it weren't for the guests." That's how the higher-ups here look at us plebes (or else Lowtax is doped up on Xanax most of the time and the admins are trying to drive away activity and put him in the poorhouse over some petty grudge).

Dear Richard....

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Typo posted:

the majority of the countries of the world outside NA and Western Europe have had brutal repression or violent insurgencies in the last 30 years.

Even the Uk had the troubles, almost every Latin american country had right wing and left wing death squads until quite recently

we need more death squads

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Peanut Wagon posted:

Anyone have that glorious picture of trump looking at his own twitter feed? I cant seem to find it anywhere

google tru.mp twitter office

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Mirthless posted:

"Hm, I don't know who these goons are talking about, I'd better google he-"

:eyepop:
Holy poo poo her head is three sizes too small

It's like that scene at the end of beetlejuice

Maybe her suit jacket is just way too big.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jewel Repetition posted:

that looks to me like she borrowed a big guy's jacket, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Jewel Repetition posted:

hot AND a David Byrne fan!?

• Locked thread