Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

The Dave posted:

Wow is Quicksilver annoying to fight in WB.

How do they expect you to beat him in 15 seconds to unlock Cable, short of having Jean or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zokari posted:

How do they expect you to beat him in 15 seconds to unlock Cable, short of having Jean or something.

I'm just gonna pay the crystals. It's like 150 per thing

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The Dave posted:

Wow is Quicksilver annoying to fight in WB.

Bring a dodge ignore striker or two, it helps a lot. He doesn't needs as many as Corvus but throwing one in there can make a big difference.

For the 15 second one I think good old warwolf buff -> daisy buff -> prox hit will do it. Maybe wolvie 6 for the type vulnerability? Eh. It's not like we won't have time to test different methods -- gotta 5x him every day for the next two weeks if you're taking the cheap path to Cable.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009
I just used a T2 Cyclops against Black Dwarf and jesus that was a cheap win. Press the button to summon all of my strikers. Press his five attack. Press his five attack again. Collect BAM. Literally three button presses.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Psh, I don't know what y'all are talking about. It's easy beating Quicksilver in 15 seconds, just use Jean with a T2 Coulson and a T2 Ancient One lead. :smaug:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Zokari posted:

she hulk coulson sharon

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i mean yes youre probably gonna need t2 people to kill him in 15 seconds, that's hardly surprising. lol if sharon isnt your first t2 tho cmon.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Zokari posted:

I used jean to beat him in 5 seconds, Sharon to beat him in 7 seconds, Odin with Hela lead to beat him in 10 seconds, Strange to beat him in 10 seconds. Wolverine took about 20 seconds though

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Does Coulson actually do anything on Quicksilver? He only works against villains and I assumed QS was a hero.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

oh poo poo youre right
i shoulda used beast or mantis i guess

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

He gives crit rate but yeah QS is a hero

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
My biggest pain currently is getting enough feathers to get Cable to 6/6/60. Unlocking Wanda in about 7 hours, I guess, and since she uses BAM, it'll be much easier. But 80-90 feathers a day makes Cable slow to get up.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Datasmurf posted:

My biggest pain currently is getting enough feathers to get Cable to 6/6/60. Unlocking Wanda in about 7 hours, I guess, and since she uses BAM, it'll be much easier. But 80-90 feathers a day makes Cable slow to get up.

I guess they've added some other ways to use feathers now in the converter, but I will forever refuse to buy another xmen mats package after they made us sit at the cap for months after Jean.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Yeah, gently caress that poo poo. I've run out of mats to convert my BAM to feathers, though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm never ever, ever, ever out of feathers.

I converted a ton of feathers into crystals and ran out of anti matter and loving gear up kits. But I'm still once again capped on feathers.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeah ive been feather capped for 2 months. i converted as many as i could when this patch came out but im once again feather capped. i didnt even buy any mats, i think i was just lucky on wolverine and jean gearups.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I quit farming feathers after getting Jean. Mostly because I just forgot about it. Very unprepared now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm still farming crystals to get Cyclops naturally advanced to get Jean. He'll be my last one (then Beast whenever). So maybe there's a huge drain on feathers from Jean or no real reason to farm those missions once you have her. But I've basically stopped doing the Tracking Missions but keep doing the Jean/Magneto ones since I never have enough crystals and the Mag bios are useful for the T2s.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

heads up youll need to do the rogue tracking mission 100 times to unlock scarlet witch, so try to work those in when convenient

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I'm still farming crystals to get Cyclops naturally advanced to get Jean. He'll be my last one (then Beast whenever). So maybe there's a huge drain on feathers from Jean or no real reason to farm those missions once you have her. But I've basically stopped doing the Tracking Missions but keep doing the Jean/Magneto ones since I never have enough crystals and the Mag bios are useful for the T2s.

Yeah, once you unlock Jean you need feathers to rank her up. The costs are... high. IE, 300 - 500 - 800 -1200 - 1600. Since it caps at 2000 it means once you unlock her you'll be able to get her to 4* then back to the grind.

Then even more to rank her gear up. :toot:

Personally I've been capped on m'kran crystals for a week or two (and shards for much longer.) Might naturally T2 Dark Beast just to do something with them but it'll be another week before I have the bios. Only doing tracking for him and Rogue at this point.

Also I just cleared a bunch of inactives from Goonlactus if anyone wants in. We're terrible in conquest!

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 19, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just worked all my X-Men up to 4/20 with 150 bios for the advancement and then stopped worrying about the tracking missions except when a challenge calls for it.

For awhile I was selling the shards and feathers when I capped out, but they yield such little return it hardly seems worth it. I was just maxed on them for awhile trying to get the crystals until the lab update, then I was able to convert a ton of feathers into crystals and advance Storm.

Now I'm already capped again on feathers and have something around 500 crystals. So I'll get Cyclops soon and then decide if I rather do the grind of gearing up Jean or just get Dark Beast up quickly so I can forget about him. But, like, I just have a hard time imagining a time when feathers will come to be a slower rate than the gold or whatever else I need for Jean.

But I'm basing that on the recent grind of getting Proxima done and how the last couple of weeks I've just been avoiding going to a new T2 because I wouldn't have the bios for them since that's what took forever for her. But I don't know if Jean needs them or not.

My guess is the "drain" you guys feel is because you're way farther in the game than me and just sitting on hoards of bios and gold and BAM and such so the feathers stand out as being capped.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The tracking missions are great if you need to level up a native T2, it's a guaranteed 10+ for 30/40 energy. Mutual Enemy is even better.

So I'm embarrassed to ask, but exactly how does the Warwolf buff work? I've just never needed it, but now I'm stuck on Level 29 of Shadowland (Black Order) and it seems impossible, all I really have left is Wolverine plus some dudes to buff.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

The Dave posted:

So I'm embarrassed to ask, but exactly how does the Warwolf buff work? I've just never needed it, but now I'm stuck on Level 29 of Shadowland (Black Order) and it seems impossible, all I really have left is Wolverine plus some dudes to buff.

If he's T2, by simply being in the party he gives a crit rate dmg/buff. If you switch to him and use his howl ability, he buffs the party with all speed, all attack, and crit rate.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Yeah the T1 WW buff just happens to stick around when you swap characters. The classic combo is to start with Daisy and use her buff (preferably with her uniform so it gives 2 procs) then switch to WW and use his buff, then switch to someone with a high damage attack and oneshot a boss. Daisy's uni isn't really a good crystal investment at this point though -- this particular cheese strat will basically only net you one WB kill a day and it's way more effort than using an OP hero and just mashing on buttons until you win.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

NmareBfly posted:

Yeah the T1 WW buff just happens to stick around when you swap characters. The classic combo is to start with Daisy and use her buff (preferably with her uniform so it gives 2 procs) then switch to WW and use his buff, then switch to someone with a high damage attack and oneshot a boss. Daisy's uni isn't really a good crystal investment at this point though -- this particular cheese strat will basically only net you one WB kill a day and it's way more effort than using an OP hero and just mashing on buttons until you win.

The old Worgwalf/Daisy/Proxima combo back in the day, for when you wanted to kill Black Dwarf in about six seconds.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

Just applied to Doctor Goons as sakeyake.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Holy poo poo, just got a special mythical chest! Never had a mythical drop either. Probably gonna be Hulkling bios and Dimensional Debris I bet.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I got one of those once and it was some norns and then a bunch of debris and that's it

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

fart simpson posted:

I used jean to beat him in 5 seconds, Sharon to beat him in 7 seconds, Odin with Hela lead to beat him in 10 seconds, Strange to beat him in 10 seconds. Wolverine took about 20 seconds though

What strikers are you using?

Everytime I come close he ends up just slipping into his animation screen and just throws off my attacks. It's so frustrating.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I'm using a mix of Strange, Jean, Dormammu, Thanos, T2 Cyclops, and T2 Kate and/or T2 Black Widow for some dodge ignore

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

I really can't tell what's happening when I'm fighting WBs because everything is covered in fire/energy effects. I'm just hitting buttons and everyone but iThanos dies in 5-8 seconds.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Vodos posted:

I really can't tell what's happening when I'm fighting WBs because everything is covered in fire/energy effects. I'm just hitting buttons and everyone but iThanos dies in 5-8 seconds.

You just gotta stick to your memorized skill rotations my dude

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

fart simpson posted:

You just gotta stick to your memorized skill rotations my dude

cant remember that many so i just do like 6 5 3 on everyone regardless

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

make like alan alda and mash (the buttons)

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Combat BG is the worst when I run into another max hp / invincibility Wolvie and they just beat on each other for 5 minutes. :negative:

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Turns out all I needed for that 15 second Quicksilver kill was just to play it on an emulator so it doesn't lag :v:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Are chaos norns used for anything other than T2 mastery/advancement once done with their part in the 2 epic quests?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Oh wow Quicksilver uses BAM? I just assumed all the mutants would use the mutie mats

Are Cable/Witch also BAM/CN?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

quicksilver and witch arent mutants, theyre 'other'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

a nod to their canonical mystery parentage i guess (or is it not a mystery anymore i havent followed xmen in awhile)