Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well, that's my burden, I guess.

trajanmax posted:

Cube, OA and Keats to a lesser degree HAVE been trying to hunt out scum.

I say lesser degree to Keats because he has a “different” play style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Let's assume Shwinn is the vote today and flips scum redirector that solely explains the Maer mis-elim.

We would then have confirmation that TMor hasn't killed N1/N2/N3 and FoS didn't kill N3.

I think I should probably target FoS or Keats, or maybe Traj.
I think OA should probably target TMor or Keats, or maybe Traj.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

Let's assume Shwinn is the vote today and flips scum redirector that solely explains the Maer mis-elim.

We would then have confirmation that TMor hasn't killed N1/N2/N3 and FoS didn't kill N3.

I think I should probably target FoS or Keats, or maybe Traj.
I think OA should probably target TMor or Keats, or maybe Traj.

And Traj didn't kill N1.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well, that's my burden, I guess.
Looking at what TMor and Shwinne have posted today, I really think they are aligned.

I’d really like it if multiple other people would compare what they each have been saying and see what conclusion they come to.

I’m inclined to think Keats is town, but I won’t discount the possibility that Keats is scum, and FoS is town.

But to my point of Shwinne and TMor, both have been reasonably active today, and both have basically called Obama scum or have worked to discredit obamas results, and both have also just lazily sort of thrown suspicion here or there but never really hunted scum.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

Obama said yesterday, last game day, that he’d tracked someone to me, but didn’t want to reveal it. Cube now claims to have been that individual.

I don’t see a scenario where Obama is scum and lying about that. Only if Both Cube and Obama are Lying, which seems remarkably unlikely and that would be a town with like no meaningful power roles. If they were both outright lying about that it would be too risky as there would certainly be counter claims.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

The only possibility I see is Obama/Cube town, TMor/Shwinne Scum, Likely FoS Scum, less likely Keats.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Why yes the entire situation IS wifom thanks schwinn. I’m open to a schwinn vote but I’m not willing to make a potential scumrush easier by putting my vote there yet.

I don’t believe cube’s claim for a second. There’s no good reason to fail to check Obama after the flip yesterday; scum wasn’t going to kill Obama after he just hard claimed into lunching town. After playing up that anti-town hammering gimmick all game, I’m 100% happy to kill cube.

I don’t buy that Obama just lied and I’m going to assume a scum redirector role. Just fabricating the results leaves too much up to night action chance N2. Not voting there.

Similarly I don’t think Trajan would put themselves on the spot with their defense of Maer if they were scum. Probs not voting there.

Unsure on Keats or TMor atm. I could be talked into either but they’re not my chief suspects.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I was going to talk about how we shouldn't take Cube's word as face value considering it's mylo and there won't be any consequences for lying. Because I think he's town. But now that you are sussing him FoS, yeah it should be something we are factoring in. Don't take anything for granted.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

fool of sound posted:

I don’t believe cube’s claim for a second. There’s no good reason to fail to check Obama after the flip yesterday; scum wasn’t going to kill Obama after he just hard claimed into lunching town. After playing up that anti-town hammering gimmick all game, I’m 100% happy to kill cube.

I don’t buy that Obama just lied and I’m going to assume a scum redirector role. Just fabricating the results leaves too much up to night action chance N2. Not voting there.

Then what would Cube be doing coming to me N1, Obama has confirmed that is the case.

I agree with your logic with Obama

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

trajanmax posted:

Then what would Cube be doing coming to me N1, Obama has confirmed that is the case.

Any nonlethal scum action. Rolecop, roleblock, redirect, steal, whatever. Keats claims there’s a thief in this game.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

fool of sound posted:

Any nonlethal scum action. Rolecop, roleblock, redirect, steal, whatever. Keats claims there’s a thief in this game.

Then that would leave the town affectively without a cop (if cube is lying) that doesn’t make much sense to me.

The only thing I’ve seen cube do today is publicly surmise what he and OA should do in the night. I don’t see town benefitting from that. I don’t see it as extremely scummy either as I can see logic where discussing that makes sense.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

fool of sound posted:

I’m in line to think the arrival and disappearance of Keats spyglass thing may have been Shwinne? I kinda wish more was known about that.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

trajanmax posted:

The only thing I’ve seen cube do today is publicly surmise what he and OA should do in the night. I don’t see town benefitting from that. I don’t see it as extremely scummy either as I can see logic where discussing that makes sense.

One of the first things cube said today was that they didn’t cop Obama because they thought they would be the kill target, which is just nonsense. Obama was by far the most important person to be copped and Cube is normally very cognizant of considerations like that,

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

fool of sound posted:

One of the first things cube said today was that they didn’t cop Obama because they thought they would be the kill target, which is just nonsense. Obama was by far the most important person to be copped and Cube is normally very cognizant of considerations like that,

I don’t think it is crazy to assume Obama would be night killed.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Are people trying to hammer rush :'(

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Tbh picking me was easily the worst option but oh well

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

with everyone having checked in and no game-ending scum rush materializing, i am now absolutely certain that trajan is scum ##vote trajan

if you're somehow town and a scumrush materializes on *you* losing the game, that's on you for leaving an anti-town first vote on me at exlo forcing me to this conclusion

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

shwinnebego posted:

with everyone having checked in and no game-ending scum rush materializing, i am now absolutely certain that trajan is scum ##vote trajan

if you're somehow town and a scumrush materializes on *you* losing the game, that's on you for leaving an anti-town first vote on me at exlo forcing me to this conclusion

This is very bad logic.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

trajanmax posted:

This is very bad logic.

it's flawless

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

shwinnebego posted:

it's flawless

Until YOU lose the game

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

trajanmax posted:

This is very bad logic.

also if you're so convinced i'm scum why would you expect good logic from me anyway?

do you seriously defend voting me even though if you were wrong it could have immediately lost the game for town with a scumrush?

did you (1) think you had such certainty that i was scum that this was not a risk or (2) harbor some uncertainty but figure it was fine to possibly sink your team on it without their agreement to that risk? There is no third option if you are town.

Option (1) is asinine - you do not, in fact, have that degree of certainty.

Option (2) is being very bad at being a team player.

Option 3 is that you are scum.

Since I do not think you are asinine or a bad team player, I think it's (3).

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

shwinnebego posted:

also if you're so convinced i'm scum why would you expect good logic from me anyway?

do you seriously defend voting me even though if you were wrong it could have immediately lost the game for town with a scumrush?

did you (1) think you had such certainty that i was scum that this was not a risk or (2) harbor some uncertainty but figure it was fine to possibly sink your team on it without their agreement to that risk? There is no third option if you are town.

The fact that you DIDnT get scum rushed proves you are scum. Why would scum rush one of their own, when it would take two town to clench it? I am town, I have a vote on you. Takes three to hammer. If you are town scum would,have had the chance to scum rush. No scum rush happened, so you must be scum.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

shwinnebego posted:

Keats did the same thing early in the day but supposedly babysat their screen. I don't think Traj looks as bad as you're saying.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

fool of sound posted:

Why yes the entire situation IS wifom thanks schwinn. I’m open to a schwinn vote but I’m not willing to make a potential scumrush easier by putting my vote there yet.

Similarly I don’t think Trajan would put themselves on the spot with their defense of Maer if they were scum. Probs not voting there.

Unsure on Keats or TMor atm. I could be talked into either but they’re not my chief suspects.

Huh. Are you wrong or scum?

You thought OA was the person most likely to be scum last night, but now you think they're less scummy than:
- Traj
- Keats
- TMor (the person I actually checked last night)

What about OA's posting today changed your mind? The result of: "I saw FoS do nothing last night?" It seems weird to push me for having a position on OA last night that is similar to the position you have on OA right now.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

CubicalSucrose posted:

You thought OA was the person most likely to be scum last night, but now you think they're less scummy than:

No I didn't? You are misreading a post badly or mistaking me for someone else.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

fool of sound posted:

Obama is town for sure. I just don't see scum making a play where they fake a track result in their comfortable position at the start of the day; too many things can go wrong and I can't imagine that we're in mylo atm.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
If you mean why I think you should have checked, it's because then we'd have soft confirmation of Obama being redirected or faking the result. That's more valuable that scanning basically anyone else.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Like, scanning anyone but Obama: maybe you find scum
Scanning Obama: we unravel the WIFOM of the results being wrong/fake

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

gently caress it. This game needs to end.

##Vote: Trajan

I’m going to bed.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

##Unvote

##Vote: Shwinne

Well this experiment didn’t work.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

trajanmax posted:

The fact that you DIDnT get scum rushed proves you are scum. Why would scum rush one of their own, when it would take two town to clench it? I am town, I have a vote on you. Takes three to hammer. If you are town scum would,have had the chance to scum rush. No scum rush happened, so you must be scum.

did you ... not pass through the development stage where you acquire theory of mind?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

(again, i do not seriously think that you lack theory of mind, seeing as how you are an adult human using the internet and communicating complex ideas via the written word; therefore, the simpler explanation is that you are scum)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Can people stop self voting?!!! It's not even 24 hrs

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Okay nevermind

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

fool of sound posted:

Like, scanning anyone but Obama: maybe you find scum
Scanning Obama: we unravel the WIFOM of the results being wrong/fake

I started working through the combinations but I honestly didn't think through ALL of that last night and it blows up to a whole lot more possibilities than I was originally expecting.
OA's alignment, Cube targeting OA, OA dying at night, Cube's target dying at night, Cube being redirected, and Cube's actual results. It's not 32, but it's more than just 8.

It's still really weird to me that TPC was the NK over OA. Who was TPC suspicious of yesterday?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Tea Party Crasher posted:

If you are a town though I'll have to reconsider my suspicion of Trajan. I'd probably want to go for cube that point, or maybe just place a vote on Keats and pray

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Tea Party Crasher posted:

I agree with tmor and think it's a choice between Maer and cube today. Personally I'm more interested in Maer because I think it can give us insight into the potential roles in the game, as well as trajan's weird posts.

Cube is also another very solid option though because he seems to be trying to pull some sort of chameleon act with this hammer gimmick and taking on a different attitude about it every day that just obscures reading him and also doesn't provide any benefit to town.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i strongly think that the scum team is Trajan, FoS, and one of cube/keats

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

for anyone that isn't me and trajan (using that fancy theory of mind here), you have to assume that either me or trajan is scum due to the lack of a scumrush

it would be impossible for both of us to be town from your perspective

i'd say you should treat this as a thunderdome btwn us, but that doesn't do anything for us numerically since there's 4 town/3 scum, so for any given town if you pick another player randomly there's a 50% chance of them being scum anyway

shrug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

so that's my sense of the game to this point

i'm staying on trajan unless people wanna vote fos, could go cube/keats too

not interested in tmoritz or obama