Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Bloodborne is the PS4 as Zelda is to the Switch. i can't think of a single xbox exclusive that makes me think "the console's worth owning to play this"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

And it's likely never going to have one as Microsoft's new strategy is to synergize Windows 10 with Xbox One and make them some kind of unified platform, so any big Xbone game will inevitably be on Windows 10. There is precisely one Xbox game I want to buy this year (Phantom Dust) and it's going to be on Win10 too.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jesus if it's this hard to get a Switch now imagine after people have actually heard of it.

https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/862441883087360000

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It doesn't really matter what Microsoft does, goons will still poo poo on them. They are making their own IPs play on both Xbone and PC, which is a good thing. You can buy a game once, and download it to your xbone and PC and play on either. But that's a bad thing somehow.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

parallelodad posted:

Jesus if it's this hard to get a Switch now imagine after people have actually heard of it.

I'm the 9% of people self-identifying as "gamers" who have never heard of any current-gen console

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

It doesn't really matter what Microsoft does, goons will still poo poo on them. They are making their own IPs play on both Xbone and PC, which is a good thing. You can buy a game once, and download it to your xbone and PC and play on either. But that's a bad thing somehow.

i think the cross platform thing is great, but that they don't have any IPs worth playing

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Max Peck posted:

I'm the 9% of people self-identifying as "gamers" who have never heard of any current-gen console

Maybe they're tabletop gamers 🤔

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

parallelodad posted:

How the hell can you be a 'Gamer' and not know about Xbone, PS4 and the Switch? :psyduck:

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
That is the most BS survey I have ever seen. I sincerely, sincerely doubt that 61% of people know that the current Xbox console is called Xbox One, and aren't just confusing it with the original Xbox.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Oh yeah I love my Xbone"
"What do you think of the PS4?"
"A what?"

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Infinitum posted:

How the hell can you be a 'Gamer' and not know about Xbone, PS4 and the Switch? :psyduck:

board games are back baby!!!

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

The few exclusives are lame and now you don't even need to play them on the worst console since the Sega Saturn

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm particularly fond of the 3% of people who never play games and know what the Scorpio is even though I sure as poo poo don't and I'm an insufferable nerd.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

a.lo posted:

Went to see GotGV2 and took my Switch, turned it off because the previews were starting, a cute girl next to mee says, "no I want to see you play MK instead" :stare:

"Why don't you go buy your own copy of Mario Kart and marry it if you love it so drat much" *gets up in a hustle and leaves theater*

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Oh sure I'm a gamer! I sure do love my ..
*looks at smudge on had*
"Pavslaiion B!"

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Max Peck posted:

PC-only. I also don't watch news

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cojawfee posted:

It's cool but the games aren't worth playing. Gears of War 4 was the only one I was excited for and it turned out awful.:smith:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Cojawfee posted:

It's just kind of strange since we all assumed they wanted to sell Xbones?

Also they have no good IPs.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

alf_pogs posted:

board games are back baby!!!

This but unironically

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Papes posted:

This but unironically

i wasn't being ironic, just excitable. i live for tabletop games

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

It's just kind of strange since we all assumed they wanted to sell Xbones?

Also they have no good IPs.

Xbox only made sense for Microsoft as their trojan horse into your living room. But no one gives a poo poo about set-top boxes anymore, the war for the living room has been obsolesced by the war over your pocket (phones). Microsoft lost that war by default, so now they've repositioned themselves around cloud services. All the licensed software they used to sell enterprises are now services for which they sell subscriptions, and that's apparently where they want to take games: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/apr/27/xbox-chief-netflix-video-games-episodes-subscription-downloads-phil-spencer In that world, they really don't care what hardware you use to play their stuff, as long as you're paying a subscription for it.

acksplode fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 11, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Ok, Kamiko was the chill out game I wanted. Easy enough to play and has plenty of checkpoints so I'm not locking myself into half an hour every time I play it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I've been having a weird issue with my pro controller. Sometimes during Mario Kart, the rumble will kick in and it will stop accepting inputs for a moment. I figure it just might be the battery getting low, but I didn't have any similar problems when playing Breath of the Wild.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 11, 2017

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Cojawfee posted:

Ok, Kamiko was the chill out game I wanted. Easy enough to play and has plenty of checkpoints so I'm not locking myself into half an hour every time I play it.

It has great speedrun potential and has one of the best soundtracks on the Switch. It's so good.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I like Blaster Master Zero so far (just got to Area 4, how far along am I anyway) but dang if these top down dungeons with nothing in them aren't annoying as heck

It'd also be nice if there was a way to view maps of areas you're not in

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Policenaut posted:

And it's likely never going to have one as Microsoft's new strategy is to synergize Windows 10 with Xbox One and make them some kind of unified platform, so any big Xbone game will inevitably be on Windows 10. There is precisely one Xbox game I want to buy this year (Phantom Dust) and it's going to be on Win10 too.

This still blows my mind. Coupled with Scorpio and you're going to have a lot of people asking "why wouldn't I just get a PC instead?" Even before I built a new PC last year I wouldn't have bought one because they give no reason to do so if you have a half-decent PC already.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

http://bbs.ruliweb.com/nin/board/300051/read/30571327

Dear Nintendo

Release a special edition like this and I will buy it instantly
Alternatively, release Joycons in the SNES theme

Regards,
Everyone

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I beat 10-10 on Puyo Puyo Tetris!

90.7% completion. I can live with that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

This still blows my mind. Coupled with Scorpio and you're going to have a lot of people asking "why wouldn't I just get a PC instead?" Even before I built a new PC last year I wouldn't have bought one because they give no reason to do so if you have a half-decent PC already.

Because there are people who don't want a fancy computer. They just want a box that plugs into the TV and they play with a controller. Before you say "they could just get a PS4," maybe they want an xbone for some reason.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Because there are people who don't want a fancy computer. They just want a box that plugs into the TV and they play with a controller. Before you say "they could just get a PS4," maybe they want an xbone for some reason.

i suspect that the reason is because they haven't heard of the ps4

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

alf_pogs posted:

i suspect that the reason is because they haven't heard of the ps4

Some people really like Halo and/or Gears still. I have a few friends that wanted to go PS4 but they stayed with Xbox just due to all the friends they made in the original Xbox and 360 days.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Merry Old Land of Oz strikes once more

Rime digital price will remain the same as the physical release price

Physical Release Prices
- $40 USD ($55 AUD)
- $80 AUD ($60 USD)

Digital Release Prices
- $30 USD ($40 AUD)
- $80 AUD ($60 USD)

100% price increase on the Aussie Tax :siren:
Get fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeedddddddd

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Physical Release Prices
- $40 USD ($55 AUD)
- $80 AUD ($60 USD)

Digital Release Prices
- $30 USD ($40 AUD)
- $80 AUD ($60 USD)

here's the best bit:

quote:

On the physical side, we can’t lower the price without selling at a loss, but we can add more value to the package. And that’s what we’re doing. For the Nintendo Switch version of RiME, all physical copies will include a printed code for a download of the complete, beautiful soundtrack by David García (a sample of which you can find here). You will be able to download the music via Bandcamp in one of the multiple high-quality formats. The soundtrack is planned on being sold separately for $10 in the US [and equivalent prices in Australia], and so the value you’re going to get out of this will be the same as somebody who purchased a different version of RiME, and then bought the soundtrack.

what a load of wank. free bandcamp download code lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It really is loving disgraceful behaviour at this point.

Just setup a Steam like store we can all access and set one price globally.
loving done.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Patter Song posted:

I beat 10-10 on Puyo Puyo Tetris!

90.7% completion. I can live with that.
there are ten worlds? I thought 7 was the last one :staredog:

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Infinitum posted:

Physical Release Prices
- $40 USD ($55 AUD)
- $80 AUD ($60 USD)

Digital Release Prices
- $30 USD ($40 AUD)
- $80 AUD ($60 USD)

e: nm I misread, just order it from the Online. no region locking :madmax:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think all the scum who want to buy carts to lick them with their gross tongues should have to pay a ten dollar surcharge.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Pants Donkey posted:

there are ten worlds? I thought 7 was the last one :staredog:

Once you beat 7-10, it unlocks 3 more worlds. A lot of the unlocks are in there, too, but the poo poo is so hard and breakneck that I can't even force myself to play it through. That's just me, though; I mainly bought it to just have endless marathon Tetris on my Switch.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Infinitum posted:

- $80 AUD ($60 USD)

So is like 98% of software in Australia pirated or do you just fly to Japan whenever you need to buy a game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Rad Valtar posted:

I don't have lunch breaks.

Kill your boss then?

• Locked thread