Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
liberal: will giving poor people healthcare and education solve racism? only partially? thats what i thought...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Nanomashoes posted:

if bloomberg ran 3rd party in 2016 vs bernie trump who the gently caress would vote for him. Who is his base

The people who flipped Romney -> Clinton. A ton of wealthier suburban dems in nominally blue areas on the coasts.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Vox Nihili posted:

liberal: will giving poor people healthcare and education solve racism? only partially? thats what i thought...

for an incremental step towards progress, they have a hard time grasping that for some reason

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Agnosticnixie posted:

The people who flipped Romney -> Clinton. A ton of wealthier suburban dems in nominally blue areas on the coasts.

in nominally red suburbs, too. that was the basis of the whole ossoff theory--the rich republican suburbs went marginally toward hillary, therefore lets run this weak lil clintonling to scoop up those free richie votes

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
good thread by ricky rawls

https://twitter.com/Jezebel/status/892835163088060416

https://twitter.com/RickyRawls/status/893450750910771200

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Vox Nihili posted:

just FYI for anyone who sees this infographic and says whew hes too young, hes 33 now and will be 36 in 2020

ageism is the weirdest debate when looking for a quality American McPresidental Candid8 aside from the other weird debate of *reviews stock photos* "S/he looks presidental", especially with a modern perception of age

Alexander the Great was 32 when he died and had one of the largest empires to run.

Just because you can't perceive traditional empires by today's standards doesn't mean they aren't there or being run.

Zuck has way more than enough money to fund his own personal army, his own personal country, and invent his own dogma if he was capable and ambitious and shrewd enough, but he's just a average citizen shmuck who lucked into a digital oil field and now wants to play the dirty politics with the wolves at the table because he has a buy-in....... so yer more than just hosed enough anyways when his own limp dicked digital news starts up and censors all that graphic images being displayed because some fuckstain did a terrorism, and banhammers angry commentators and inane trolls off the comments section for being rabble rousers, so that damage will be done soon enough in terms of a casual constitutional violation here and there because it doesn't apply to the internet, this magical wild west realm where there were no rules before the consumers set up their amazon prime strip malls around the cyberblock and started getting viciously cyberthugged out.

All about that conglomer8 and I'm not gonna be surprised when facebook grabs up eminent domain on US soil and sets up sovereign space into a regulated cyberspace kingdom where McSerfs will toil away at their bubble wrapped data cubes praising Zuck as the lunch bell rings for their Facebook standard IV tube to drop into their craniums and inject them with a slurry of brain nutrients for that honest, hardworking Facebook-American. Bonus brownie slurry if you manage to catch and report a twitter bot before your shift ends. drat the twitter scourge, eradic8 them from every corner of the web, quell their lies about fakebook, your unwavering unblinking 800 year old but youthfully 20 Zuckleader demands this of you! :argh:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Trafficking is the word of the month.

I trafficked in shitposts
I am trafficking shitposts
I traffic shitposts
Shitposts are what I traffic
I generate traffic by trafficking in shitposts.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/dougexeter/status/893526088382423040

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

anime was right posted:

stupidest possible outcome:
bernie wins 2020 because the dems over saturate the field with centrists
once the wealthy see this, they back a macron style third party
trump wins

remember when michael bloomberg threatened to run third party if bernie won the dem primary last year?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lastgirl posted:

ageism is the weirdest debate when looking for a quality American McPresidental Candid8 aside from the other weird debate of *reviews stock photos* "S/he looks presidental", especially with a modern perception of age

Alexander the Great was 32 when he died and had one of the largest empires to run.

Just because you can't perceive traditional empires by today's standards doesn't mean they aren't there or being run.

Zuck has way more than enough money to fund his own personal army, his own personal country, and invent his own dogma if he was capable and ambitious and shrewd enough, but he's just a average citizen shmuck who lucked into a digital oil field and now wants to play the dirty politics with the wolves at the table because he has a buy-in....... so yer more than just hosed enough anyways when his own limp dicked digital news starts up and censors all that graphic images being displayed because some fuckstain did a terrorism, and banhammers angry commentators and inane trolls off the comments section for being rabble rousers, so that damage will be done soon enough in terms of a casual constitutional violation here and there because it doesn't apply to the internet, this magical wild west realm where there were no rules before the consumers set up their amazon prime strip malls around the cyberblock and started getting viciously cyberthugged out.

All about that conglomer8 and I'm not gonna be surprised when facebook grabs up eminent domain on US soil and sets up sovereign space into a regulated cyberspace kingdom where McSerfs will toil away at their bubble wrapped data cubes praising Zuck as the lunch bell rings for their Facebook standard IV tube to drop into their craniums and inject them with a slurry of brain nutrients for that honest, hardworking Facebook-American. Bonus brownie slurry if you manage to catch and report a twitter bot before your shift ends. drat the twitter scourge, eradic8 them from every corner of the web, quell their lies about fakebook, your unwavering unblinking 800 year old but youthfully 20 Zuckleader demands this of you! :argh:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Hey dude, you're so uncool
But hey, that's all right
There's no need to be uptight
My eyes reflect the stars
and a smile lights up my face
We're on an amazing flight in space

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Chappelle's still not trans and queer people have been hating on both Stewart and Colbert for years for the same poo poo. Like yeah his humor is probably exploitative garbage (I honestly have no idea who he was) but self-exploitation is generally seen as slightly less bad than aiming it at other groups.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
dave chapelle is funny

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Yes let me engage in oppression olympics and consult the twitter oppression rankings to determine who I'm allowed to make fun of today.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

deadgoon posted:

dave chapelle is funny

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

deadgoon posted:

dave chapelle is funny

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...BbGuGr48T-7b2-g

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Eh I always thought Dave leaned on stereotypes too much when I was a dumb rear end teen who had only seen five black people in my life up until that point.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

thats one of many entryway pillars into Facebooklandia, the sovereign space inside the rust belt

we're losing a psychic war and we're not mentally equipped to handle it, like at all. It's unprecedented because we've explored the corners of the earth and now we're like :geno: well this is a rock alright, i guess ill just look up at the stars and go into my head with other people doing the same but now we can get into each others heads and attack or commend each other in there

The caveat is that we also scorn mental health issues with a dismissive handwave so we're being owned by our own selves as we become beings out of pure thought alone so excuse me if it sounds insane because it is which is the irony.

Oh this subway has a portal to this strange cavernous system that appears to be designed for commuters and not a dwelling, i think theres a cardboard box with my name on it in there....do you have five dollars? my car broke down

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

deadgoon posted:

dave chapelle is funny

his funniest skit was the player haters imo

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
that's quite the url

https://youtu.be/2T7PEVd2iFs

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Agean90 posted:

a pity he couldn't actually shoot a slave owner every episode

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

deadgoon posted:

dave chapelle is funny

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Agean90 posted:

man you oughta take that cane, and beat whoever made that suit to death

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Eh I always thought Dave leaned on stereotypes too much when I was a dumb rear end teen who had only seen five black people in my life up until that point.

Interestingly the same can be said of most of his critics.

Agean90 posted:

The Racial Draft and the Blind Klansman was good too imo.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Agean90 posted:

The sequel to Player Hater's Ball had to be cut from the show because Comedy Central thought Dave Chappelle shooting a white man to death was too much, even if he was an overseer.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Raskolnikov38 posted:

a pity he couldn't actually shoot a slave owner every episode

Shooting Hillary would have been pretty cool.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
facebook also spread all that fake news courtesy of bots

so who knows, if you get into a heated debate online towards a being constructed out of pure thought, say like a bot, perhaps you're the insane one :shrug:

thats why :words: and arguments are dumb and pointless in this digital ether so mods please delete D&D, close this election sub-forum and delete twitter tia

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The sequel to Player Hater's Ball had to be cut from the show because Comedy Central thought Dave Chappelle shooting a white man to death was too much, even if he was an overseer.

also what do you do after that? it's the ultimate revenge

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

seriously the player hate's ball had so many good bits.

charlie murphy going "clap for me bitch" at one of the women he;s with when his nomination is announced lmao

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
to be fair a lot of white people only loved that show because "gently caress your couch" and "is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch" and never tried to learn anything from it, which is a fair critique but also not really dave's fault

and time haters should have had its own HBO Miniseries a-la game of thrones

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

got any sevens posted:

also what do you do after that? it's the ultimate revenge

player haterfied version of John Brown imo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the dirtbag left

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Agean90 posted:

Reversed justice system was my favorite.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Taintrunner posted:

to be fair a lot of white people only loved that show because "gently caress your couch" and "is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch" and never tried to learn anything from it, which is a fair critique but also not really dave's fault

"Break yourself fool" is the best line to quote from that :colbert:

I think my favorite bit was how different people dance

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

"Break yourself fool" is the best line to quote from that :colbert:

I think my favorite bit was how different people dance

I'm getting John Mayer flashbacks

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
https://streamable.com/3ti9f

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

to be fair that Prince sketch was good as hell

I'll always have a soft spot for World Series of Dice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

Juvenal? The only juvenile I see here is the little white boy you got spreadin his butt cheeks.

• Locked thread