Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Arizona. I'm really not surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
someone on reddit found this cleaning their house :smith:

Caganer has a new favorite as of 20:41 on Jul 18, 2018

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
:lol::911:

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009
AZCentral has a pretty good collection of the events around the murders...err, accidental explosion, they put together: https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...ther/772539002/

E; The fact that he claims he dodged 6 bullets at point blank range whilst in bed is pretty drat suspect. At first I though he was much younger when it happened, but he was 18. His sister's skull was allegedly caved in as well, which he says happened when his mom wheeled around and hit her accidentally with the butt of the rifle she was trying to kill him with. If anything I'm inclined to believe his mom was the good guy with the gun and she lost, which kind of fucks up his argument.

NatasDog has a new favorite as of 20:57 on Jul 18, 2018

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Caganer posted:

someone on reddit found this cleaning their house :smith:

https://youtu.be/39tXfUm80Bc?t=4m20s
This part of Godspell got a bit darker in retrospect.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Scarodactyl posted:

https://youtu.be/39tXfUm80Bc?t=4m20s
This part of Godspell got a bit darker in retrospect.

i rewatched home alone (dvd copy) last christmas and it was a bit :wtf: when he visited the WTC. I couldn't remember that scene.

Later I found out they cut that part from future TV broadcasts which I think is weird and unnerving. IIRC they didn't cut the WTC from old episodes of friends when they do those skyline panoramas between scenes.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

"I don't remember how it happened, but here's how it happened..."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Besesoth posted:

"I don't remember how it happened, but here's how it happened..."

He also claims to have miraculously recovered all of his memories and that now he remembers having done it in self-defense.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

chitoryu12 posted:

He also claims to have miraculously recovered all of his memories and that now he remembers having done it in self-defense.

He's a white male republican so he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

I feel like there's a difference between "agreeing in advance over the internet that you want to be tortured to death" and "actually consenting to being tortured to death once it's happening for real."

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
It's definitely been posted before but https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes is even more dramatic

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

xtal posted:

It's definitely been posted before but https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes is even more dramatic

“Egads! His dick is ruined!”

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

xtal posted:

quote:

Meiwes then ran Brandes a bath, before going to read a Star Trek book,

of course

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

pookel posted:

I feel like there's a difference between "agreeing in advance over the internet that you want to be tortured to death" and "actually consenting to being tortured to death once it's happening for real."
Yeah at some point you'd think you'd safeword out no matter how big your boner for being murdered is. Might not happen before getting so injured you die anyway, but...

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Hindsight is 20 to life

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pick posted:

Hindsight is 20 to life

Ha!

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
https://twitter.com/Bernstein/status/1019539152331821056

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

chitoryu12 posted:

"Oh, yes, oh, yes, oh, yes, oh, yes
Oh, yes, we both
Oh, yes, we both reached for the gun"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C9dFKRZ8EbU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

When my grandpa died, my aunt decided to help memorialize him by turning his shirts into pillows. She created at least four of them and mailed them to my family - one for each of us.

I'm not superstitious, but I can't use the things. At all. Thank goodness Dad understood and didn't force the gift on me. We still haven't told my aunt how weird those things are.

There's something just - profoundly creepy to me about doing that with a dead person's clothes. So of course there's a bunch of them up on pinterest.

I figure clothes probably shouldn't be wasted if they fit someone. My old boss gave me all his dad's shirts after he died. They were my size and pertnear in perfect condition, also a drat sight nicer than the t-shirts I owned at the time. I still wear em'. I hope when I die someone gives my shirts to someone who needs shirts. I won't mind. I can understand not wanting a deceased family member's clothing though.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Untrustable posted:

I figure clothes probably shouldn't be wasted if they fit someone. My old boss gave me all his dad's shirts after he died. They were my size and pertnear in perfect condition, also a drat sight nicer than the t-shirts I owned at the time. I still wear em'. I hope when I die someone gives my shirts to someone who needs shirts. I won't mind. I can understand not wanting a deceased family member's clothing though.

Yeah. I'd be fine with his stuff going to a thrift store or what have you, but, ergh. I don't want them. It doesn't help that they're specifically that style of shirt you only see old men wear, so it's like, I cannot mistake them for anything but my grandpa's clothing.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
I wear your granddad's clothes
I look incredible
I'm in this big rear end coat
From that thrift shop down the road

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I tried not to make that joke and you gone and did it. drat.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Arizona voter: "Yeah, but what else is there to do, vote Democrat?!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

*Edward Kemper nods to himself

"Finally, a candidate that has my interests at heart."

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Pick posted:

Hindsight is 20 to life

nice

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Untrustable posted:

I wore my Grand-dad's old Army Jacket for years after he died. It made me feel like he was still a part of my life.

Edit: the only reason I stopped wearing it is because I got fat after I got married.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I still have and occasionally wear my grandpa's thin khaki jacket, which dates back to at least the 80s (that's the farthest back my mom remembers him wearing it, but it could easily be older and was made and purchased in India I think). I also have my dad's motorcycle jacket, which is the only worthwhile thing I got from him after his very deserved death from alcoholism (he was an awful person).

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk posted:

*Edward Kemper nods to himself

"Finally, a candidate that has my interests at heart."

Nah, Kemper has the self-awareness to know he shouldn't be anywhere but behind bars.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

You know what's unnerving? Tornadoes! I know this even more now because I'm one of those saps who lives in Marshalltown, Iowa which is now famous in news sources outside of Iowa for the first time in probably decades and decades.

My house is fine. My neighborhood has nary a stick in it. Power and Internet still work. Meanwhile, a mile away and Main Street is devastated. The hospital is taking people out to other towns and is doing triage. I was eating in a restaurant. Sirens were going off but we in the Midwest ignore them all the time now, which is disturbing and yet something natural when sirens are required to go off if a tornado goes off anywhere in the county even if we see nothing. There was no rain or hail or wind and then calm or any of the signs except for a dark sky. Suddenly, the manager comes up and goes, "There's a tornado right outside." We hide in the bathroom except I didn't think it was that bad. So I go outside and see this:

It's going by and at first we think it was forming, as it was still swirling. But no, it was just slowly fizzing out from the monster up above.

We have now been declared a state of emergency with a curfew. I tried to go back into the mess to see about my mom's cousin, whose house I had just left barely 45 minutes earlier. I couldn't get to it, too many completely uprooted trees in the middle of the street, as well as traffic, and cops who had started to block things off. There are cars that have disappeared. I wonder where they landed. Another one of my mom's cousins had a neighbor's bathroom scale land in his yard but he can't find his mailbox. The skies turned blue less than a half hour later. As they always say with disasters: The day started off so normal.

If that thing had come out of nowhere in the middle of the night, there would probably untold amount of casualties. I've lived in the Midwest for twenty years and have never seen something like this. Usually there's supposed to be warning signs even if they come upon you. Nothing. Just bam here it is. I would rather deal with hurricanes.

bean_shadow has a new favorite as of 04:24 on Jul 20, 2018

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I'm the guy who doesn't take kindly to photographers

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

bean_shadow posted:

You know what's unnerving? Tornadoes! I know this even more now because I'm one of those saps who lives in Marshalltown, Iowa which is now famous in news sources outside of Iowa for the first time in probably decades and decades.

My house is fine. My neighborhood has nary a stick in it. Power and Internet still work. Meanwhile, a mile away and Main Street is devastated. The hospital is taking people out to other towns and is doing triage. I was eating in a restaurant. Sirens were going off but we in the Midwest ignore them all the time now, which is disturbing and yet something natural when sirens are required to go off if a tornado goes off anywhere in the county even if we see nothing. There was no rain or hail or wind and then calm or any of the signs except for a dark sky. Suddenly, the manager comes up and goes, "There's a tornado right outside." We hide in the bathroom except I didn't think it was that bad. So I go outside and see this:

It's going by and at first we think it was forming, as it was still swirling. But no, it was just slowly fizzing out from the monster up above.

We have now been declared a state of emergency with a curfew. I tried to go back into the mess to see about my mom's cousin, whose house I had just left barely 45 minutes earlier. I couldn't get to it, too many completely uprooted trees in the middle of the street, as well as traffic, and cops who had started to block things off. There are cars that have disappeared. I wonder where they landed. Another one of my mom's cousins had a neighbor's bathroom scale land in his yard but he can't find his mailbox. The skies turned blue less than a half hour later. As they always say with disasters: The day started off so normal.

If that thing had come out of nowhere in the middle of the night, there would probably untold amount of casualties. I've lived in the Midwest for twenty years and have never seen something like this. Usually there's supposed to be warning signs even if they come upon you. Nothing. Just bam here it is. I would rather deal with hurricanes.

Holy gently caress. This is why I live in a state with no natural disasters.

Oh except the possible exploding volcano in our future but we just ignore that.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scathach posted:

A daycare owner tries hanging a toddler and gets caught, flees, hits a pedestrian, bicyclist, and then another driver with her car.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/day-care-owner-gets-probation-trying-kill-child-223552842.html

I feel like her skin color and status as a business owner might have been factors in her sentencing.

its always weird when people think that the american incarceration system exists in literally even the most basic capacity to help people rather than just house countless black bodies to use as slave labor

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I took a poo poo during a tornado once. Now granted I was unaware of my proximity to the tornado. The power was out and cellphones had no service. I was in the downstairs cupboard with my wife and really had to poo poo. So I ran upstairs and started making GBS threads and then the tornado hit. It blew the a/c window units into the house and took out some windows. Most harrowing poo poo of my life.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Behind the Myth of Benevolence” Titus Kaphar

this is one of my favorite pieces of art now, it's pretty loving unnerving

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk

Kanine posted:

Behind the Myth of Benevolence” Titus Kaphar

this is one of my favorite pieces of art now, it's pretty loving unnerving

Holy poo poo this is good.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

An ex UKIP (wretched British fascist party, for those unaware) councillor killed his wife. This is the phone call he made reporting this to the police. It's loving chilling how casual it is.

https://twitter.com/itvanglia/status/1019257250580484096

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Apparently he did it because she found out he’d been sleeping with their son’s partner.

He plead not guilty in court, by the way. It didn’t work.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

How the gently caress do you plead "not guilty" when there is audio of you saying "I've just killed my wife"? Bloody hell.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Flint_Paper posted:

How the gently caress do you plead "not guilty" when there is audio of you saying "I've just killed my wife"? Bloody hell.

No idea, I just followed the link to the ITV article. They didn’t explain what his actual defense was, just said that he plead not guilty and it had to go to trial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Flint_Paper posted:

The BBC article implies that he claimed he had killed her in self-defense, which I assume was the basis for that plea. I'm not sure how the bizzies got there that fast though, even with callerID.

Bonus: "Following the verdict, former politician Bill Mountford told BBC Suffolk he still considered Searle "a friend", adding "these things happen".