Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I love the Solar Auxilia guy just loving covered in telescopes.

I'm not sure how I feel about the greatcoat on the Legate model. It's unlikely there will be multiple offerings so I'm sort of pigeonholed but man, epaulettes?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Like I said at the bottom of last page, it's Gruntilda's superweapon from Banjo-Tooie on treads.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

I just wish the caption was on the original, not the photo. I want those things to be called Solar Auxilia Battle Bunnies.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Sulecrist posted:

That Alpha Legion commander looks fantastic.

:fap:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

That looks like a giant version of the pulsar fusil from the Krios.
I want it.

E:There is a resounding lack of Iron Warrior anything

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Feb 7, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

'bigger than a thunderhawk'

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

Stormbirds are another thing from the Horus Heresy books, the predecessors of the Thunderhawk. Thunderhawks were the smaller, cheaper, mass-produced replacement because Stormbirds were too expensive to keep outfitting the Legions with.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Stormbirds are another thing from the Horus Heresy books, the predecessors of the Thunderhawk. Thunderhawks were the smaller, cheaper, mass-produced replacement because Stormbirds were too expensive to keep outfitting the Legions with.

Oh, I know what they are, I was just surprised it would actually get a model. What's it going to do that a Thunderhawk can't? Do people really need to be able to move even more Rhinos around?

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

New contender for ugliest grimdark vehicle I've ever seen.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

Oh, I know what they are, I was just surprised it would actually get a model. What's it going to do that a Thunderhawk can't? Do people really need to be able to move even more Rhinos around?

Maybe it can carry superheavy ground vehicles around?

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Lord Twisted posted:

Xiphon Interceptor - new Marine flyer.

Looks pretty big, maybe a good starting point for a nicer Stom Raven conversion?

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

I always pictured Stormbirds as being waaaay sleeker. I really hope this thing looks better in person.

EDIT: God it's just so stupid looking. Right now I think it may actually look dumber than the Stormtalon.

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 7, 2015

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Remove those stupid fins on the front and maybe the ones on top of the engines and it'd probably look better.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Such a shame the only Marine flier to have good proportions to me so far is the Storm Eagle / Fire Raptor, and now the Kiphon. The rest are just... way too stubby.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

Jesus Christ, this looks bad. It's like they slammed everything bad from the thunderhawk and storm eagle together while entirely missing the good parts of those designs. Personally, I always figured stormbirds would be sleeker.

At least get rid of those little wings in the front.

Edit:
That interceptor is pretty sweet though and that Alpha Legion character is awesome. I really like how they managed to capture the scale motif on his armor.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

The thing looks so much like an E-wing with an inverted nose :allears:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Well I'd love that solar auxillia command squad that's for sure.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
That stormbird is loving uuuuugly. Wow. I can't even handle it.

Also, where the hell are all my iron warrior upgraydds? The gently caress Forgeworld its been two years god damnit.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

BULBASAUR posted:

That stormbird is loving uuuuugly. Wow. I can't even handle it.

Also, where the hell are all my iron warrior upgraydds? The gently caress Forgeworld its been two years god damnit.

Don't worry, soon my Solar Auxilia will have an HQ model! No more painting mooks gold!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
:mad:

Apparently there's a session tomorrow called "stone and iron" maybe we'll get some love then. At least FW is cool and has rules for the limed release models.

Other stuff that got missed:

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 7, 2015

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Good lord that's an impressive power squat that Deredeo's doing.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Speaking of, it's got some 'new' rules:

36" plasma death bubble with interceptor or autocanons with sunder, and you can give it a 4++ that gives units nearby +1 to their invuln. Grab some tyrant siege terminators and suddenly they have 3++.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Safety Factor posted:

Jesus Christ, this looks bad. It's like they slammed everything bad from the thunderhawk and storm eagle together while entirely missing the good parts of those designs. Personally, I always figured stormbirds would be sleeker.

At least get rid of those little wings in the front.

Yeah, while I'm generally a fan of the flying brick/fist aesthetic, this just looks like a thunderhawk with a whole bunch of dumb bullshit slapped onto it.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BULBASAUR posted:

Speaking of, it's got some 'new' rules:

36" plasma death bubble with interceptor or autocanons with sunder, and you can give it a 4++ that gives units nearby +1 to their invuln. Grab some tyrant siege terminators and suddenly they have 3++.

It is only skyfire+interceptor, so not super useful against droppods. The autocannons will wreck fliers coming in, though.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
The Mhara Gal dread is dope as hell.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I can't see that Space Marine Fighter without seeing this

It looks like a Colonial Vyper and a X Wing had a blocked headed baby. Still boss though.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

It looks kinda similar to the lambda class shuttle from Star Wars actually (the perspective trick making it look like the top fin is taller than it is helps, but even so.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Oh man I just read up on the rules for the Lucius pattern drop pod and I can't stop laughing ahahahaahah

this is so terrible

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
In the HH novels don't marines complain about the storm birds being huge pieces of poo poo?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
No that's Thunderhawks.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Yeah, the entire point is that Thunderhawks, which are priceless relics in 40k, are basically dogshit stopgap Kias in the Heresy.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

This is another 28mm Epic model. From the depths of my memory I recall they were from the last days of Space Marine. I want to say it was Squat but I think I might be imagining it.

It is just amazing that they can propose a series of £70 books extending to 8 and being still far away from the siege of terra. It is remarkable how well they are received.

E: I was wrong, I was thinking of http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Centurio_Ordinatus.

JackMack fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 8, 2015

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

JackMack posted:

This is another 28mm Epic model. From the depths of my memory I recall they were from the last days of Space Marine. I want to say it was Squat but I think I might be imagining it.

It is just amazing that they can propose a series of £70 books extending to 8 and being still far away from the siege of terra. It is remarkable how well they are received.

Ordinatii were Ad Mech weapons, though the Squats had something similar too. Pretty sure they had rules in Titan Legions.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Fearless posted:

Ordinatii were Ad Mech weapons, though the Squats had something similar too. Pretty sure they had rules in Titan Legions.

As I have just reminded myself with the wikia the link is that one of them was the Golgotha which was designed in the retaken squat stronghold. That was another battle report in white dwarf that developed the fluff interestingly. This was how the dim reaches of my memory had mashed it together!

But thank you, your post would have saved my frantically vague Google image search in an attempt to try and remind myself!

JackMack fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 8, 2015

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
Had the urge to paint up a mans, so I figured I'd put in some work on this weirdo model from some range I completely don't remember buying, that I glued new arms on and I'm using as a Belial:

(haven't done the base yet)

Really happy with the way he came out, even though I think we can all agree that he sucks and I should feel bad.

Anyway that got me wanting to take a family portrait of the army as it currently stands (about 1700 points, and just a few Land Speeders from being "done" at 2000):

Spectacularly poorly lit group shot:

Flakk Missile Devastators, who to date have managed to get rekt by Heldrakes and that's about it:

Deathwing squad and a Land Raider that they usually don't ride in:

Melta-crazed motorcycle dickheads:

Tac squads:

In conclusion, this is mostly washes on Dark Vengeance models and Forge World doors, but I managed to not gently caress things up to badly I don't think. Thanks for reading.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
So, Mhara Gal. What about those rules? It seems pretty decent, and S10 AP2 that forces you to re-roll invulns make it seem like it would be pretty good at hunting HQs.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

ANAmal.net posted:

Had the urge to paint up a mans, so I figured I'd put in some work on this weirdo model from some range I completely don't remember buying, that I glued new arms on and I'm using as a Belial:

(haven't done the base yet)

Really happy with the way he came out, even though I think we can all agree that he sucks and I should feel bad.

Anyway that got me wanting to take a family portrait of the army as it currently stands (about 1700 points, and just a few Land Speeders from being "done" at 2000):

Spectacularly poorly lit group shot:

Flakk Missile Devastators, who to date have managed to get rekt by Heldrakes and that's about it:

Deathwing squad and a Land Raider that they usually don't ride in:

Melta-crazed motorcycle dickheads:

Tac squads:

In conclusion, this is mostly washes on Dark Vengeance models and Forge World doors, but I managed to not gently caress things up to badly I don't think. Thanks for reading.

Great work so far! Keep paintin dem mans!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speckled Jim
Dec 13, 2008
Ive had Lysander sitting around unpainted for months and finally bit the bullet this weekend. Finishing his bodyguard was the inspiration I needed. Excuse the phone pics, light isnt so great either.

His eyes dont look that bad in person I swear. Thank god I only have one more finecast model left to paint. Between the bubbles, the flash and the warping its hard to know where the model starts and the sprue ends.

• Locked thread