Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Carrot is good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
oda just completely can't resist putting fanservice in every page but that was still pretty cool

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

JosephWongKS posted:

I read the chapter again and turned on the Pillar Man theme song when I reached the page of Carrot's transformation , and it was incredibly fitting and satisfying.

That meme is so overused.

When it's a single character transformation, use Avalon instead :getin:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

carrot was cool and good and she can join the crew if she wants and now I wanna see nekomamishi do the same

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Sub Harrison posted:

The rabbit (as well as the crocodile) were just regular animals infused with souls and they all got owned by chopper and carrot when they first captured brulee

That's right, completely forgot about that. I rewatched Big Mom's intro song in the anime a couple of nights ago, so the rabbit was fresh in my mind.

So what all Strawhat allies do we have headed their way? Bege Pirates, Germa, Luffy; are the Sun Pirates still around or did she lead all the surveillance snails out of the territory?

I'm also curious as to the whereabouts of the Underworld heads.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I'm really excited for Luffy vs Jojo part 2. Can't wait to see what Luffy does to break his concentration. gomu gomu no bullying.

Also, this is a great panel summarizing how much the Strawhats have pissed off a Yonkou fleet.

I wonder if Big Mom getting skinnier is some drawback to her power of she's literally burning her fat from rage.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Sub Harrison posted:

I wonder if Big Mom getting skinnier is some drawback to her power of she's literally burning her fat from rage.

In her flashback with Lola's father she looked more normally proportioned. Maybe she's getting the Alvida treatment

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Sub Harrison posted:

I'm really excited for Luffy vs Jojo part 2. Can't wait to see what Luffy does to break his concentration. gomu gomu no bullying.

Also, this is a great panel summarizing how much the Strawhats have pissed off a Yonkou fleet.

it seems like all of the most powerful people just eat a bunch, so you probably just need a lot of calories to be strong

zoro gets all of his from sake, obv

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

M_Gargantua posted:

In her flashback with Lola's father she looked more normally proportioned. Maybe she's getting the Alvida treatment

Yeah, and I think in some sbs Oda provided some drawings of big mom in her 20s and 40s where she's more normally proportioned. It's kinda inconsistent with her essentially having the same body type as a kid and an adult.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

JahRoo posted:

Yeah, and I think in some sbs Oda provided some drawings of big mom in her 20s and 40s where she's more normally proportioned. It's kinda inconsistent with her essentially having the same body type as a kid and an adult.

yea.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

it's not like she worked out much in childhood or now so it makes sense I guess

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Luffy went from real fat to real skinny earlier this arc (also in like every arc), I think sudden weight loss is part of the OP universe

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
my vast experience in anime and manga suggests that her natural strength and growth/size probably comes at the cost of immense amounts of energy/calories. she gets fat when she's not on a mission but is skinny when she's campaigning or whatever

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

poor Usopp had to train for 2 years to stop being fat

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Reread the Drum Island arc and I forgot Wapol also transformed into skinny mode by eating himself.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Sub Harrison posted:

Reread the Drum Island arc and I forgot Wapol also transformed into skinny mode by eating himself.

One Piece has all been a big advertisement for weight loss. "These guys eat anything they want and still maintain skinny bodies and basically you are loving stupid: Click here to find out"

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

JahRoo posted:

She had a growth spurt and shot up to 40 feet tall which evenly dispersed her childhood weight. Then it took 30 years for her to eat enough to become fat again.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
lets not forget about funkfried. the elephant sword a ton of mass just...vanishes and becomes a sword one of the weakest marines can use.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Onmi posted:

One Piece has all been a big advertisement for weight loss. "These guys eat anything they want and still maintain skinny bodies and basically you are loving stupid: Click here to find out"

so it really IS a bathing suit

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AkumaHokoru posted:

lets not forget about funkfried. the elephant sword a ton of mass just...vanishes and becomes a sword one of the weakest marines can use.

Spandam is not a Marine he is a government officer.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

AkumaHokoru posted:

It's important to understand that Funkfreed is a sword that ate an Elephant devil fruit.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Carrot's ability isn't going to be very useful if she joins the crew. She is going to become the Nightboat of the Straw Hat Crew, who is only useful under specific circumstances.

That is unless one of the Saiyans shows up and teaches her how to do the fake moon thingy from Dragon Ball Z.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

chopper will make her a moon version of the rumble ball

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

I hope Chopper gets to do something awesome in Wano because he's been nothing but a huge disappointment for a while now.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he's had a couple good moments on whole cake. he's just been overshadowed by other crew members like brook's talk with big mom or jinbe turning the sunny into a surfboard

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Carrot's ability isn't going to be very useful if she joins the crew. She is going to become the Nightboat of the Straw Hat Crew, who is only useful under specific circumstances.

That is unless one of the Saiyans shows up and teaches her how to do the fake moon thingy from Dragon Ball Z.

There are circumstances where they could choose to delay arriving at a certain place by a few days to give her a powerup.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
Because the Straw Hat pirates are known for careful planning and patience.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sexiest grandmas in OP

1: whatshername the mermaid from water 7
2: Kureha
3: Slim Mom

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Nami could easily contrive a full moon with her navigation and weather powers.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Plutonis posted:

Sexiest grandmas in OP

1: whatshername the mermaid from water 7
2: Kureha
3: Slim Mom

the answer is actually shakky

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ahem, there are five moons! each one gives her a diff power and under a rare occurrence, when all 5 are full, do we get ssj4 long hair to the sky carrot

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Manatee Cannon posted:

he's had a couple good moments on whole cake. he's just been overshadowed by other crew members like brook's talk with big mom or jinbe turning the sunny into a surfboard

The Green Room was probably the coolest scene in the arc, in an arc that's already had a bunch of cool scenes.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The coolest scene in the arc was Jinbei quitting the big mum pirates because not only was that scene extremely good and made Jinbei seem like the coolest drat dude, it ended with Brook smashing Big Mum's picture and it was basically incredible.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
For the last month or two my stance has been "i hope pudding joins the crew but would be ok with carrot instead" and now it's upgraded to "i can't believe there's going to be two new strawhats and they're both supremely good & cool"

(jinbei doesn't count as new he's been part of the crew since fishman island)

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

They're not a real part of the crew until they start appearing in the color spreads!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
What are the usual hallmarks of potential crew members anyway? Because Carrot has yet to hit "tragic past", so she's not likely till she hits it. And no, I don't think Pedro sacrificing himself for the whole crew in the present counts as a tragic past. Or that he's dead for that matter. Nor is one guy dying particularly tragic by One Piece standards anyway. Pudding at least has the tragic backstory part down, though I don't see her joining the direct crew either personally, but I'm curious what other ones there are.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

AkumaHokoru posted:

I’m still holding out for Zoro to eventually get a cool elephant pal as one of his swords.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

tsob posted:

What are the usual hallmarks of potential crew members anyway? Because Carrot has yet to hit "tragic past", so she's not likely till she hits it. And no, I don't think Pedro sacrificing himself for the whole crew in the present counts as a tragic past. Or that he's dead for that matter. Nor is one guy dying particularly tragic by One Piece standards anyway. Pudding at least has the tragic backstory part down, though I don't see her joining the direct crew either personally, but I'm curious what other ones there are.

I don't think either of them really have their own personal dream either (though assuming he is dead Carrot could probably take up Pedro's).

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
new crewmembers cant be a thing anymore because 3D2Y already happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

scary ghost dog posted:

new crewmembers cant be a thing anymore because 3D2Y already happened

Jinbe joined after that, so that arbitrary cut off point is already worthless.