Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

David Bowie just kicked it. Regardless if you were a great fan or not, my sincere condolences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Grouchio posted:

David Bowie just kicked it. Regardless if you were a great fan or not, my sincere condolences.

my condolences to them

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
bowie died before pat could hear the man who sold the world on mgsv that's the true tragedy

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

This LP is teaching me so much about the ninja and their mysterious sandwich masturbation techniques.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Dias posted:

bowie died before pat could hear the man who sold the world on mgsv that's the true tragedy

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

for all the bad of naruto's climax, the fact that naruto's "ultimate jutsu" is the return of his harem jutsu is the greatest thing

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

pandaK posted:

for all the bad of naruto's climax, the fact that naruto's "ultimate jutsu" is the return of his harem jutsu is the greatest thing

Wait are you serious.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dexie posted:

Wait are you serious.

Yes he is.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dexie posted:

Wait are you serious.

yeah and it even works too

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dexie posted:

Wait are you serious.

Naruto actually has multiple tiers of sexy jutsu believe it or not, including one in which he turns into a hot dude instead of a lady

edit: The hot dude one also works iirc

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It does work but sadly is not actually the last jutsu

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
He uses his final sexy jutsu on Kaguya, right?

I do admit that was sorta cool because at that point Kaguya had revealed that her motivation was that men didn't love her enough. Also Sai is on that jutsu for some reason.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

He uses his final sexy jutsu on Kaguya, right?

I do admit that was sorta cool because at that point Kaguya had revealed that her motivation was that men didn't love her enough.
Who cares what her motivation is she shouldn't exist

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The final boss is silent and stoic from the moment she appears, and the Harem No Jutsu just comes out of loving nowhere and her face perfectly mirrors your own. It was the best thing to happen in the last 100 chapters of the series.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rodyle posted:

Who cares what her motivation is she shouldn't exist

I like her motivation because it shows how awful Kishimoto is. She shows up out of nowhere, is the only female villain and her motivation is that her two 'sons' didn't love her enough and after going on and on about why she's doing poo poo she ends up not really saying poo poo ever again and instead some black goo talks for her. On top of that her powers are changing the background every other chapter and utterly fail to kill anyone.

She's such an awful "character." :allears: Back when we thought it couldn't get worse than Madara.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
And I only have to read 72 volumes of 700 chapters to get there? Wow

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

For context sake, just imagine half a year of the most nothing fight ever and revelations that are out of nowhere and don't matter at all

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
You're really good at making that sound and seem just as awful as the rest of naruto

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I dunno, the final boss of Naruto being defeated by fanservice sounds like a redemption arc for that series.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It would if she were actually beaten by it

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
i can only hope one piece mirrors that by eventually having the main chick die because her waist got too thin and her boobs too big, breaking her body in half.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I thought the final boss was still sasuke.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Baal posted:

It would if she were actually beaten by it

To be fair, she gets beaten when Sakura is allowed her first decent moment since she exploded Sasori by flying in from above and punching her in the head.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

His fight lasts like 3 chapters and is nowhere as climactic as the fight with Kaguya or even his fight at the end of Part 1

PS: my stating of the Kaguya fight being climactic does not mean it's a good climax it is more like an elongated fart continuing from a really bad series of short ones

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Which only happened because Kaguya, the being of infinite chakra, couldn't use a transportation jutsu fast enough apparently.

Tae posted:

Yup, they finally defeated the huge evil from outer space and Sasuke goes "well, I got super god powers out of all this, gotta kill Naruto so i'm literally unstoppable."

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Even that stupid Sarada miniseries was better than the 4 Great Ninja War.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Even that stupid Sarada miniseries was better than the 4 Great Ninja War.

That stupid Sarada miniseries was pretty (unintentionally) funny. That's already miles above the final arc of Naruto.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I personally pronounce 'naruto' as 'neeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrds'

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I personally pronounce 'naruto' as 'neeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrds'

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I prefer various farting noises myself

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Andrast posted:

That stupid Sarada miniseries was pretty (unintentionally) funny. That's already miles above the final arc of Naruto.

Sasuke trying to stab his own daughter was pretty dope.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nothing can possibly top Nice Old Lady Down The Street Orochimaru.

Well, except maybe Kabuto.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

So what happened in the naruto story that people stopped liking it? I only read the first six volumes and am kindve curious.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

goldblums eyes posted:

So what happened in the naruto story that people stopped liking it? I only read the first six volumes and am kindve curious.

Everything went to poo poo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

goldblums eyes posted:

It became bad and kept being bad

There's no specific event, it was just a long stream of garbage for several years leading to one of the most garbage endings

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

goldblums eyes posted:

You know how in Yakuza there's always another mastermind and every plan has 5 layers?

Imagine that, but stretched out for 15 years, with a new layer each chapter, such that the final villain is manipulating all the others over numerous generations in order to enact a literally cosmic scale plan.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Also each successive mastermind is a worse character with a more stupid goal.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I always thought the quality of Naruto depended on the story arc because yes there were long stretches of total garbage but every so often there was a cool fight or some neat character development. It rarely ever got as good as anything pre-Timeskip but I still enjoyed reading it from time to time.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
This nalt lp is just a honey pot operation, all the headband wearing clowns coming out of the woodworks revealing themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Woolie reading out the Japanese quotes as they're said is the worst