Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Where's the steam market/trading card thread? I want to take advantage of my library. I've bought a single item selling things on the market and it felt oh so good. At least I've heard one exists. Some kind of resource so I can read up on how to acquire cards and sell them with maximum proficiency.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

NeoSeeker posted:

Where's the steam market/trading card thread? I want to take advantage of my library. I've bought a single item selling things on the market and it felt oh so good. At least I've heard one exists. Some kind of resource so I can read up on how to acquire cards and sell them with maximum proficiency.

The thread is mainly for trading, and it's here -> http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3549823

This video isn't bad, he's got a few others as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PScTiHg73c0

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

botany posted:

I haven't read any of the comics, so I don't know much about the Batman universe, but if that's true then it's a waste of what could be a cool character.

Harley Quinn in the comics is way, way better than she's portrayed in the Arkham games, too.

She's portrayed as a ditzy idiot in the games, but in actuality she's very, very clever and came within an inch of actually killing Batman, something the Joker has never been able to do.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Papercut posted:

Based on this review I think it does:
http://www.pcgamer.com/valkyria-chronicles-pc-port-analysis-durantes-verdict/

All of his in-game screenshots have it. Only the menu screens don't.

gigawhite posted:

Yeah, that's how it was on the original PS3 version too. Not really sure why.

Super hyped to play this game tonight

I guess i'll pass on it then, that border just looks really obnoxious and distracting.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's really not. It's a part of the art style, it adds to the story book-type look of it all. After a while you don't even notice it because it's really not that obtrusive, and they do this neat thing where the color of stuff drains inside the border but it leaves behind the outline like the music video for Take On Me or something.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

AC: Unity embargo just lifted, and the reviews aren't looking very good.

(Chiefly: it's incredibly boring, filled with bugs, has poor performance on PC, microtransactions everywhere, and the usual day 1 Uplay issues.)

*clicks on community hub*

:mrgw:

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Freak Futanari posted:

I guess i'll pass on it then, that border just looks really obnoxious and distracting.

It isn't distracting at all, the border only exists when you are directly controlling a character and during cutscenes (in which case it works really well since the game is supposed to look like a painting). However the border disappers when ever you are using the strategic map (which is what you will be looking at 75% of the time).

I hate black borders in games, and the border in VC is not an issue at all.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Play Creeper World 3 instead of Assassins Creed

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The thread is mainly for trading, and it's here -> http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3549823

This video isn't bad, he's got a few others as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PScTiHg73c0

Thank you very much.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Play Creeper World 3 instead of Assassins Creed

QFT, great game.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lemon Curdistan posted:

AC: Unity embargo just lifted, and the reviews aren't looking very good.

(Chiefly: it's incredibly boring, filled with bugs, has poor performance on PC, microtransactions everywhere, and the usual day 1 Uplay issues.)

Hah wow. Yeah even GameSpot gave it a pretty middling review for an AAA game. Of course "PLAYSTATION LIFESTYLE~" gave it a 100/100. Seems most reviews aren't really digging it. It's too bad. One thing they do say is the city feels very well done and lively with hundreds of NPCs on a screen at once, but the story and everything just takes a boring poo poo all over it and never utilizes it

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Xaris posted:

Hah wow. Yeah even GameSpot gave it a pretty middling review for an AAA game. Of course "PLAYSTATION LIFESTYLE~" gave it a 100/100. Seems most reviews aren't really digging it. It's too bad. One thing they do say is the city feels very well done and lively with hundreds of NPCs on a screen at once, but the story and everything just takes a boring poo poo all over it and never utilizes it

What do people expect though, the series is just a third person Call of Duty franchise at this point.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Kiranamos posted:

What do people expect though, the series is just a third person Call of Duty franchise at this point.

AC4 was really good though, infact really loving good.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Xaris posted:

AC4 was really good though, infact really loving good.

Yeah but Mordor took a giant dump on its face. I agree, it was a giant step in the right direction, but the fact that actually good AAA games are coming out now makes it a baby step.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I loving knew Unity would turn out to be AC 3 2.0, I just had this gut feeling.
Good to know I can stop giving a poo poo about it.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
If Unity really is that boring, gently caress.

Me with AC3: Holy poo poo, this is awful. I don't know if I ever want to play an AC again!
Me with AC4: AC3 was awful, but it's been a month since AC4 was released and I'm hearing nothing but good things. That's it, gently caress it, I'm buying it. ... Wow, this kicks rear end.
Me with Unity(?): DAMMIT UBISOFT WHY DO YOU PLAY WITH MY HEART

They've been playing Arno up to be the second coming of Ezio. I don't know if I can take this poo poo :smithicide:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Judging by the complaints for Unity, it sounds like it'll be a fantastic game.
The reviewers just wanted it to be more bombastic and epic with massive battles and sieges like previous games.

Sounds like it's taking a more personal approach and making it more focused.

Th-then again, my favorite AssCreed is Revelations... maybe I suck?

Deakul fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 11, 2014

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Mideweeks are Just Cause 2 for $3 and Enslaved for $5. Daily is Rogue Legacy for $3, which I think is a new low? I haven't been watching.

Regardless, a bunch of solid games for super cheap if you don't have them already.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I'll do something really crazy and reserve my judgment for when I actually get to play it but bad reviews from the get go are never a good thing. What a shame.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Deakul posted:

Sounds like it's taking a more personal approach and making it more focused.

Stop him! He stole my purse!

*Runs through an alleyway, a crowded plaza, and a church with scripted barriers before finally catching him and punching him a few times*

Ah yes I feel like a true well rounded assassino now

Orv
May 4, 2011
Five hours in it's just more (good) Assassin's Creed, a sort of mix between 2 and 4. That's kind of a hard thing for reviewers to judge because by my understanding a lot of places give the same series to the same person with each iteration. Which means by now a lot of people are just so tired of More Assassin's Creed.

That said, it has performance issues out the wazzu for more than a few people, so probably don't even if that allays any fears.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

All you need to know is that people cant open chests half the time in AC Unity because opening chests requires a connection to uPlay

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Massive Chalice is on Steam now and says it's "funded through the spring"

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - hoooooly poo poo. No loving way. :allears: That's amazing. I hope Double Fine at least stays in business long enough to release the HD Grim Fandango port. After that, I really don't give a poo poo about them. :shrug:

Quest For Glory II posted:

All you need to know is that people cant open chests half the time in AC Unity because opening chests requires a connection to uPlay

The chests crash the game if uplay drops your connection, right?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Seriously? I figured that was an exaggeration.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mr. Flunchy posted:

There are chests that require a connection to uPlay and chests that require the iPhone companion app (which costs money)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

There are chests that require a connection to uPlay and chests that require the iPhone companion app (which costs money)

:stare: You have to be kidding, surely.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Nope! It's pretty hosed.

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Massive Chalice is on Steam now and says it's "funded through the spring"

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
MASSIVE CHALICE is already funded into Spring 2015. We feel that the game will be super polished at that point and we'll be ready to release it as an official 1.0.

Not even sure what this means.

Orv
May 4, 2011

DannyTanner posted:

MASSIVE CHALICE is already funded into Spring 2015. We feel that the game will be super polished at that point and we'll be ready to release it as an official 1.0.

We don't need your money, but give us your money and maybe we won't gently caress you in the rear end this time.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DannyTanner posted:

I can guess that that means they're going to release the game when funding runs out no matter what state it's in. Seems...familiar.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Orv posted:

We don't need your money, but give us your money and maybe we won't gently caress you in the rear end this time.

hosed up, if true....

it's true

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Actually I don't need to guess that is literally what that statement means.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

I can guess that that means they're going to release the game when funding runs out no matter what state it's in. Seems...familiar.

The slight difference is that Massive Chalice is apparently feature complete and just needs some polish.

Edit:\/ I'm just going by what goons have said about it.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 11, 2014

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

The slight difference is that Massive Chalice is apparently feature complete and just needs some polish.

"apparently"

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
I mean at least this time they are being honest that if the game doesn't get more money it won't be completed upfront?

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
How playable is Rogue LEgacy with no gamepad?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Industrial posted:

How playable is Rogue LEgacy with no gamepad?

Do you like doing platforming stuff on keyboard? It's entirely doable, just these sort of games lend themselves better to lounging back in a chair/couch with a gamepad but I did play briefly with a keyboard and it was just fine.

Anyways it's a really addicting game for $3

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Ubisoft is pretty much turning into activision. They find something that works, then add the minimal amount of new things that can make it recognizably a new game and call it a day. Looks like the same thing is happening with Far Cry 4 where they've pretty much changed the lions into elephants, added a new location, and some half-assed new features like 'grappling' which looks to be incredibly limited in scope.

It really shouldn't be a surprise that Unity is being poorly received, since it seems that most of the things people like come about by happy coincidence and once they find that they just make it as aggressively mediocre as possible to appeal to as many people as they can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ddraig posted:

Ubisoft is pretty much turning into activision. They find something that works, then add the minimal amount of new things that can make it recognizably a new game and call it a day. Looks like the same thing is happening with Far Cry 4 where they've pretty much changed the lions into elephants, added a new location, and some half-assed new features like 'grappling' which looks to be incredibly limited in scope.

It really shouldn't be a surprise that Unity is being poorly received, since it seems that most of the things people like come about by happy coincidence and once they find that they just make it as aggressively mediocre as possible to appeal to as many people as they can.

You mean both of them are turning into Nintendo.

Far Cry 3, Black Flag and Blacklist were all really good games that significantly advanced/changed the series they were part of. Not to say you're wrong mind, you're totally correct.

• Locked thread