Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

slacks is very bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

No lie, ever since the summit last year (I think they were there) AF has been my I hope they get big team. Hopefully they can send more china home next series.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
af would be #1 if they picked up the gimmick of throwing pizza pies at their defeated opponents

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Canopus250 posted:

No lie, ever since the summit last year (I think they were there) AF has been my I hope they get big team. Hopefully they can send more china home next series.

My only big memory of their being at LAN last year was... that Russian(?) one that wasn't Star Ladder and wasn't Epicenter and opened to a goofy CGI set and the sounds of workmen working in the background.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Back when I followed dota closely I was a London conspiracy fan because I really liked how they stayed together and slowly improved instead of the constant game of musical chairs

Also they seem to own in person which is cool too

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
LOL who photoshopped that bandaid on Maybes booth photo

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

JollyPubJerk posted:

he had a huge lump there during his interview so it might be real

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Neurolimal posted:

af would be #1 if they picked up the gimmick of throwing pizza pies at their defeated opponents

smash a bunch of tableware on stage imo

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007

Majuju posted:

smash a bunch of tableware on stage imo

This is the correct gimmick for a greek team i think

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
`why the gently caress can't valve just leave the mm formula alone? every time this poo poo goes down they alter the formula so every high mmr gets a team of low 4ks so they can 'get their chance with the pros' instead of an mmr spread that is within 2000 epeen points?

that being said, it's funny to see febby playing late into the night after getting eliminated and having laughs over the mic during the entire thing. he did this at TI too

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007
This is what i imagine is going on with all these Chinese players adding English women's names to their in-game handles (e.g. Faith_bian vicky, victoria, innocence.maxine):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz1rjq5emKY

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
So LGD chose to face their youth crew? Thats not exactly a vote of confidence.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
WG.Unity vs Ad Finem grand final let's go

Zurreco posted:

So LGD chose to face their youth crew? Thats not exactly a vote of confidence.

They were "randomly selected."

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

El Golden Goose posted:

This is the correct gimmick for a greek team i think

i just want to see a chubby nerd in tears talking about how he didnt realize how fascist greece had become as a pepperoni slides off his cheek

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
This xiao8 guy is pretty good I think

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

LGD go home

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Well, yeah.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
well lgd got a free trip due to qualified teams dropping out from visa issues so it's only fair that they fight themselves for a top 8 spot

tayvaan
Oct 22, 2010
EG vs VP
OG vs Warriors
DC vs NP
AF vs LFY

Tomorrow is going to be a good day

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Rough night for China. My professional suggestion to them is importing some fresh NA talent. Thinking IG.Yawar or LFY.TC

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
NA confirmed top 4 wew

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Just got back from the Majors. It was my first and only digital sports event and it was pretty cool. I was impressed with how smoothly things went and aside from 8 dollar beers and the line for the shop being really long (they had one register open wtf) it seems like it was really smoothly run. I'm bummed that we weren't able to get Saturday tickets (because Ticketmaster website is garbage) because the Wang is really nice and it's gonna be bumping. The place was going nuts during Ad Finitum Newbee game 2 with all the crow snipes.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

JollyPubJerk posted:

It's real. Also you're a retard but we all know that.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

causticBeet posted:

Just got back from the Majors. It was my first and only digital sports event and it was pretty cool. I was impressed with how smoothly things went and aside from 8 dollar beers and the line for the shop being really long (they had one register open wtf) it seems like it was really smoothly run. I'm bummed that we weren't able to get Saturday tickets (because Ticketmaster website is garbage) because the Wang is really nice and it's gonna be bumping. The place was going nuts during Ad Finitum Newbee game 2 with all the crow snipes.

Ayyye fam where were you at? We were on second floor just chilling for the ad finem series.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Ayyye fam where were you at? We were on second floor just chilling for the ad finem series.

Peruvian sign please ponchis.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

you guys wanna come sleep over at my house?

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's real. Also you're a retard but we all know that.

oh WOW good POST nice ATTACK is that why HE ISNT WEARING IT IN BOOTH OR INTERVIEW?

WOOaoaoaoaa

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lmao I just don't even understand how you function. Like how are you even alive

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Right mezzanine right most section behind the path. We were down front for the earlier games but came up after and it was p chill up on the mezzanine. I tried to get in to the second floor where it was teams or something but got busted.

Here are some pics I took, mostly of just the theater because I was impressed with how nice the Wang was and how well they did the lighting and sound. It's gonna own on Saturday when it's packed. People talk about the Benaroya hall vibe that they miss from older TI's, and I have a feeling it will have a similar vibe.

The first two are just panos of where we were seated, the last is from the mezzanine looking down on the casters booth - I thought it was neat seeing some of the production side of a fairly prominent LAN/esports event.

Edit - also after watching more dota today than I have in a while, this meta seems pretty stale. The games were still great and exciting but holy gently caress it feels like there were maybe 15 heros played all day.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Dec 9, 2016

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

causticBeet posted:

Right mezzanine right most section behind the path. We were down front for the earlier games but came up after and it was p chill up on the mezzanine. I tried to get in to the second floor where it was teams or something but got busted.

Here are some pics I took, mostly of just the theater because I was impressed with how nice the Wang was and how well they did the lighting and sound. It's gonna own on Saturday when it's packed. People talk about the Benaroya hall vibe that they miss from older TI's, and I have a feeling it will have a similar vibe.

The first two are just panos of where we were seated, the last is from the mezzanine looking down on the casters booth - I thought it was neat seeing some of the production side of a fairly prominent LAN/esports event.

Edit - also after watching more dota today than I have in a while, this meta seems pretty stale. The games were still great and exciting but holy gently caress it feels like there were maybe 15 heros played all day.

Monkey King'll be here in three days. I'm assuming he's coming with a meta shake-up. Otherwise, I guess we settle in for Luna/SD.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

I hope you said that in jest or something.

more like dICK posted:

Yeah he also hates his casting and is way more comfortable doing interviews than play by plays.

Yeah mate of course. Got a selfie with him and my brother. He was like 'well when Valve asks you to cast you can't exactly say no..." so fair enough.

I'm the guy throwing up the peace sign fam

But I do find it funny that noted bad posters want to make fun of me lol

It is the Dota way. I'm sad I can no longer picture you as k-pop girl from your avatar now.

Also gently caress yeah Ad Finem!!! :helladid:

causticBeet posted:

Man that looks like a sweet place to watch some pro dotes

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Xtanstic posted:

It is the Dota way. I'm sad I can no longer picture you as k-pop girl from your avatar now.

Yoona is life my friend

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Post this when someone engages Craptacular in an argument:

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i bet envys a rela good kisser

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Milky Moor posted:

Monkey King'll be here in three days. I'm assuming he's coming with a meta shake-up. Otherwise, I guess we settle in for Luna/SD.

meta shake up? the next patch is going to gently caress dota up (good or bad tbd)

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
I value jpj's opinion lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I like how the recaps made it seem like the teams that lost were winning until it showed the final score.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

JollyPubJerk posted:

meta shake up? the next patch is going to gently caress dota up (good or bad tbd)

aether lens upgrade, introduction of ability power, daedalus upgrade that lets spells crit

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
ez 2-0 for VP incoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
there's no lower brackets, EG aren't going to lose

• Locked thread