Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Hitman is cool. Are the 'opportunities' just examples of the stuff you can do and figure out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You shouldn't get an out of space error with a system update because that's the reason it really wants to keep that last 40GB on your HD, afaik.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Hitman is cool. Are the 'opportunities' just examples of the stuff you can do and figure out?
Opportunities are the hand crafted kills for each level, its a sequence of scripted events that leads to a cool assassination. There's always other more organic ways to do it but those are the special ones. If it bothers you that it tells you all of them you can go into the options and have them only start tracking when you discover them in the world or turn off tracking altogether, depending on how much you wanna explore the levels and figure things out on your own.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I noticed that at least in Japan the FF12 port will be sold at full price. Is it some kind of crazy upgrade from the original?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jun 24, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wouldn't call it crazy they're changing more than the HD port though like being able to have a second job and re-balancing the game around it (hopefully!).

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

I noticed that at least in Japan the FF12 port will be sold at full price. Is it some kind of crazy upgrade from the original?

I thought the FFX and X-2 Remasters came out at full price?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Can't be certain, but I think it was around $60AU when it released?

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jun 24, 2017

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

To be fair, that was 3 games and extra stuff. FF12 is just the one 10 year old game, but it seems to be a pretty extensive overhaul; graphics, sound, music, battle system and gameplay have all been tweaked. It's not full price in europe though.

Attitude Indicator fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jun 24, 2017

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Sakurazuka posted:

Huh, the way they talked about it sounded like they didn't have anything other than the trailer yet but there's stuff actually playable?

If they are using a pre made engine that tech demo is a few months work. 6 tops. There's no actual game there. I don't know if that means they haven't made it, or that it's just not ready to show, but I don't trust it yet.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

cubicle gangster posted:

If they are using a pre made engine that tech demo is a few months work. 6 tops. There's no actual game there. I don't know if that means they haven't made it, or that it's just not ready to show, but I don't trust it yet.

Also that is just a few HD assets in an otherwise empty space. Let's see how well it holds up when it actually has to load a city full of ships, NPC's and quests in various stages of completion that alter the city structure.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I paid 20 bux for the Steam remasters of FFX/2, although I think those came out half a year after the PS4 rerelease.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Morby posted:

What did this update even do? I wish Sony's patch notes were more detailed.

Stability. They probably found a bug. Features roll out in whole number updates. The in betweens are just fixes

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Real hurthling! posted:

Stability. They probably found a bug. Features roll out in whole number updates. The in betweens are just fixes

Patch notes for consoles tend to only go *cough*Stabilityfixes*cough* because if they talked about fixing specific bugs or exploits you'd have everyone trying to abuse them on unpatched consoles.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

BG&E2 looks cool but we should plan now for 15fps.

Also released with Death Stranding on PS4Pro2.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

homeless snail posted:

Opportunities are the hand crafted kills for each level, its a sequence of scripted events that leads to a cool assassination. There's always other more organic ways to do it but those are the special ones. If it bothers you that it tells you all of them you can go into the options and have them only start tracking when you discover them in the world or turn off tracking altogether, depending on how much you wanna explore the levels and figure things out on your own.

Naw it doesnt bother me. But one led me to a spot and got the guy outside and I didn't have a sniper rifle. So they are a bit weird in that you can do them but it doesnt actually help you.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Bombadilillo posted:

Naw it doesnt bother me. But one led me to a spot and got the guy outside and I didn't have a sniper rifle. So they are a bit weird in that you can do them but it doesnt actually help you.

The vast majority of them lead your target to someplace where they'll be alone or in the right spot for some kind of kill that will register as an accident, like an explosion or electrocution. If I'm thinking of the same Opportunity you're talking about, getting Novikov outside leaves him open for a sniper shot but also exposes him to death from above: Margolis can be pushed off the balcony above him for a two-in-one kill.

BlueSparkDrift
Sep 7, 2011
So I've had a Ps4 for a while but never really got into multiplayer shenanigans, is there still a goon list for ps4 friends? It'd be cool to jump into some Helldivers or some poo poo with goons.

Ps4 name is the same as my user name if that doesn't exist anymore!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There is one I believe, but everyone that used it complains about having 500 friends they have never played with. Personally I've always just added people piecemeal from this thread or threads for specific games, they build up fast and that way I actually know who everyone on my list is to some degree. Also, once you friend a few goons you'll get added to the many PS4 chat threads which are always full of people playing the same game as you that you can add.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Once I had a goon join my game in destiny go ahead of me and die causing us to fail the mission and then I got yelled at for not going fast enough. A wonderful age of gaming.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Is there a secret way to speak to support that isn't live chat/phone support because I've got a weird license issue with the new FFXIV expansion and all the support reps I've talked to have misunderstood the question and disconnected me. :v:

ufarn
May 30, 2009
It's usually "is anyone up for some x" in the Discord. That's the extent of something organized and recurring.

It's pretty unusual for people to stick to the same game for a long time.

The PSN group (using the PSN community system) has a "game of the week" to make it easier to find people fwiw, but a lot of the games aren't for me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Schremp Howard posted:

Once I had a goon join my game in destiny go ahead of me and die causing us to fail the mission and then I got yelled at for not going fast enough. A wonderful age of gaming.

I actually got my brother, who hates video games to play Left 4 Dead with me for an afternoon, and he loved it, until some uninvited goon popped into the game, and started yelling at him for not doing things efficiently enough and he hasn't played a video game since.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
It's pretty hilarious for someone to join your Helldivers game out of the blue and land their pod on one of the players.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Goons whining somebodies playing a game wrong.

Well I never.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

FFX2 remaster is $50 on amazon, i think the X/X2 remaster was only $40 on release in the US? but its been awhile and it started going on sale pretty quickly after release, i will say that i am almost certain it didnt release at $60.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Here's an article on how Sony has turned it's back on Indie devs after leaning on them for the PS4 launch:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/24/sony-xbox-devolver-indie-games-ps4-publishing-e3/

And here's one where the head of the Rocket Leauge studio says Sony holding out on cross platform play is dumb:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/24/rocket-league-cross-network-play-ps4-xbox-one-interview/

Enjoy!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The rl guy is just mad he let like 20 million copies go on ps+

I dont think sony has shunned indies, they just arent giving them e3 time cause they have their own games now

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Real hurthling! posted:

The rl guy is just mad he let like 20 million copies go on ps+

I dont think sony has shunned indies, they just arent giving them e3 time cause they have their own games now

If you read the article there's multiple indie devs commenting on how people at Sony have been harder and harder to reach as time goes on, it's not just an E3 thing.

I mean I don't really care for most indie games and I think the huge boner for indie games that a lot of people have is laughable but it's also pretty funny that Sony apparently is slipping back into their PS3 ways again

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think its kind of funny because ~indie games~ was a pejorative about how the ps4 library didnt actually have any "real" games for a very long time

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It's really funny to me that Sony went straight from friendly back to arrogant the moment they re-captured market dominance. Hopefully no one ever fully trusts them after this and that leaves a permanent opening for a competitor in the console market. Also I'd like it if indies start rushing toward Nintendo since I own a Switch and indie games usually work great as mobile games.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

The rl guy is just mad he let like 20 million copies go on ps+ow

Yeah I'm sure the dude is really pissed off about making a shitton of money and having his game become a massive success

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Andrast posted:

Yeah I'm sure the dude is really pissed off about making a shitton of money and having his game become a massive success

He is

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

acksplode posted:

It's really funny to me that Sony went straight from friendly back to arrogant the moment they re-captured market dominance. Hopefully no one ever fully trusts them after this and that leaves a permanent opening for a competitor in the console market. Also I'd like it if indies start rushing toward Nintendo since I own a Switch and indie games usually work great as mobile games.

Switch is already rapidly becoming the new indie home.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah its good

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've noticed indies have had horrible representation in the marketplace as of late as well. I've actually had use the search function to buy games the day they launch a few times.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

acksplode posted:

Never trust any corporation with anything. Loyalty is dead. I went from Ps2>360 because online gaming was important to me and the PS3's online network was a loving joke. Went 360>PS4 because it seemed like devs were vocal about PS4 being the main console they would develop multi-platform games for, and also that Sony's online has mostly caught up with XBL's.

Basically, everyone should reevaluate their needs and wants whenever a new cycle hits.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Too many games?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Never trust any corporation with anything. Loyalty is dead. I went from Ps2>360 because online gaming was important to me and the PS3's online network was a loving joke. Went 360>PS4 because it seemed like devs were vocal about PS4 being the main console they would develop multi-platform games for, and also that Sony's online has mostly caught up with XBL's.

Basically, everyone should reevaluate their needs and wants whenever a new cycle hits.

Yup

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Seems like RL guy is mad because restricted online play is harmful to their specific strategy of releasing a single cross-platform multiplayer-focused game that's supported perpetually with DLC and hats and poo poo, TF2-style. Without cross-platform they're left with the likelihood that they'll have to bootstrap a community from scratch on the PS5 while the PS4 community slowly dies out. It's a different strategy from say CoD, which is less affected by restricted online since they already expect to be bootstrapping a new online community with every sequel and have a marketing budget to support that.

Sakurazuka posted:

And it owns, I've already re-bought Cave Story and Binding of Isaac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ps5/ps4 crossplay will be a thing. Theres ps3 and vita games that play with ps4 and in all likely hood the ps5 version of rl will just be the ps4 version anyway