Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Gate has a great, original premise, but is written by a nationalistic shitbag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

pandaK posted:

implying half of the posters in here even try to hide their anime at all

This is my favorite AMV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWPgPWIXwlE

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Baal posted:

Fairy Tail is so loving boring so so so so so boring

In a way Fairy Tail is a lot less painful than most long Shounen even though it is so mediocre. It's so insubstantial, you can hardly remember anything from one chapter to the next, and so you just glide through it in a trance, occasionally roused by boobs, butts, beefcake, dragons, or punching.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blockhouse posted:

I like Naruto and that's still better than Woolie liking Gate

I mean even if you liked eating babies you would still have better taste than Woolie

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

In a way Fairy Tail is a lot less painful than most long Shounen even though it is so mediocre. It's so insubstantial, you can hardly remember anything from one chapter to the next, and so you just glide through it in a trance, occasionally roused by boobs, butts, beefcake, dragons, or punching.

I cannot watch it, I start to fall asleep. So usually I'll put it on in the background while I do something else I give more of a poo poo about and look over and hope I see titty or hear a voice actor I like. Episodes just blend together so much that watching it is like having Alzheimer's.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Baal posted:

I cannot watch it, I start to fall asleep. So usually I'll put it on in the background while I do something else I give more of a poo poo about and look over and hope I see titty or hear a voice actor I like. Episodes just blend together so much that watching it is like having Alzheimer's.

I can't imagine watching the anime.

Baal posted:

I mean even if you liked eating babies you would still have better taste than Woolie

For all the poo poo Liam gets, he's at least willing to admit he likes garbage. Woolie operates JUST short of being one of those Anime Is Bad But I Like This So It's Not Anime people.

I do respect his commitment to Vagabond tho

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lmao, what a loving edit

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but why do people seem to loving hate Cranky? Like literally all I know about the dude is his arts kinda samey a lot of the time (though I assume it's on purpose) and he does a lot of the intros.

Like people really get mad at him and it's kinda confusing.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I didn't know people hated Cranky until you made that post. Where are you getting that from?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's the anti-Banjo coalition

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

pandaK posted:

implying half of the posters in here even try to hide their anime at all

implying half of the posters here would like to reveal their naruto level

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Depths posted:

My Naruto level is Anbu

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Depths posted:

I know far too much about Naruto and would gladly share it with the thread if any of them gave a poo poo

Especially if it's about Naruto girls because Anko is hot

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rodyle posted:

My Naruto level is Anbu

mine is sage of six paths

also I will gladly fight in the naruto waifu war

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Record of the Waifu Wars

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think i'm pretty much a Kage in my Naruto level.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Naruto waifu war, where the main weapon used is a spoon used to scrape the bottom of the barrel

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I mostly just kept reading because as was mentioned earlier it took like 5 minutes a week and idk I'd rather have finished it than dropped it halfway through, regardless of how bad it got. In fact Naruto is the series that got me to actually start reading manga because like 10 episodes into the 2 years of filler I was like alright gently caress this.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
We were thirty clicks out of Da Nang when a squad of Hinata fans came at us out of the trees. Billy went down first, a sick burn scorching the side of his face. I'll never forget when he looked up at me with his one remaining good eye, his last breath carrying his dying words out to the musty jungle....

"Their waifu is poo poo."

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

cmykjester posted:

I didn't know people hated Cranky until you made that post. Where are you getting that from?

Only thing I recall is people mad at him for not doing NFSW work which he refuses to do.

edit:Like Baal, I read to Naruto til the end even thought it got poo poo. And I will do so as well with Bleach when it ends in like 10 years or so. I bet Bleach ends before Berserk does.

Though that is like saying [insert any anime] ends before Berserk. :v:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 12, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I dropped Naruto right after Gai unlocked the eight gates, at that point I went "this isn't loving ending, I need to get out." then a few weeks later I heard that Madara got killed by a brand new villain so I checked that poo poo and almost immediately after it was announced that Naruto was ending for reals tho so I kept going.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

cmykjester posted:

Youtube comments (which I know I shouldn't read but still)

That and someone yanked one of his animations recently and didn't ask for permission to do so (still gave him credit though). Cranky made a post about it basically being "It's cool you like my animation but can you please ask instead of just yanking it."

First response is telling him he's salty and it went into a death spiral about gently caress you cranky and a few people going with him.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

so good.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Instead of Naruto I went all in on Yugioh and clearly I made the right choice because I still love every moment of that wonderfully stupid story.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pigbuster posted:

Instead of Naruto I went all in on Yugioh and clearly I made the right choice because I still love every moment of that wonderfully stupid story.

Death-T was so great, it's a crime we'll never see that animated.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Random question to start conversation:

What's a game that came out in the last ~5 years you would like to realistically see the best friends LP, and who would you like to see LP the game?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'd like to see Liam, Matt, and Pat do Read Only Memories. It's a shortish adventure game and was my #3 last year behind Undertale and Witcher. I'd also like to see EVERYONE on Yakuza 5, but if Pat were ever to decide the moratorium was over it'd probably just be Pat and Matt since Liam is already playing it and Woolie doesn't believe in Kazuma Kiryu.

The Absurd, Impossible Dream LP is Pat showing everyone through Witcher 3 but nope, not happening.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 12, 2016

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rodyle posted:

I'd like to see Liam, Matt, and Pat do Read Only Memories. It's a shortish adventure game and was my #3 last year behind Undertale and Witcher.

poo poo this would be great

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

poo poo this would be great

It's a very cute game although I bet Pat would be a monster to robots.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I bet he ends up being nice to robots due to latent guilt from SOMA

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I wouldn't be as interested in it as ROM but a Grim Fandango Remastered LP would also be pretty cool, it's a PS+ game right now.

gently caress that puzzle design though, god drat, it's even worse than I remember.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

goldblums eyes posted:

What's a game that came out in the last ~5 years you would like to realistically see the best friends LP, and who would you like to see LP the game?

Nier, if there's a Best Friend that is still blind. Alternatively, Drakengard 1 or 3, but I'd rather they play a decent game.

Pigbuster posted:

Yugioh also has Mai Valentine, a superior waifu to any of the poo poo Naruto waifus.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dias posted:

Nier, if there's a Best Friend that is still blind. Alternatively, Drakengard 1 or 3, but I'd rather they play a decent game.

Yugioh also has Mai Valentine, a superior waifu to any of the poo poo Naruto waifus.

Then why do you want them to play Nier/Mai a poo poo

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

goldblums eyes posted:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution comes to mind, with Pat and whoever playtested it when they were at Squeenix. Liam?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

Then why do you want them to play Nier/Mai a poo poo

Nier is fun enough as a videogame. It's not AMAZING, but it's not Drakengard 1/compared to naruto waifus mai is top-tier

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
Zone of the Enders 2 HD with basically anybody would be pretty good. The Mechaweek video was pretty solid and it's a really good, short game with some really bad dialog to make fun of. They could also do ZOE1 but maybe they shouldn't.

Also this yeah

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
For NieR I would want it to be a Pat and Liam LP, since we've not had that combination and the playthroughs where they've been both on it have been pretty solid (Barkley was some magical poo poo).

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Oh cool, the podcast is up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

This loving White Day conversation in part 3 of Naruto. :allears: