Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Keiya posted:

Is that... is that honest to god a pro-murder think piece?

It's a modest proposal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Keiya posted:

Is that... is that honest to god a pro-murder think piece?

Those are letters to the paper in response to some article that offended them or something.

And they're written by the people who write letters to a paper. It's the same kind of people who threaten to cancel their subscription because the paper won't bring attention to the hooligans and the menace of their planks on wheels.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Old people are incredibly stupid about safety and will complain about the youth for any reason.

So what you end up with is olds complaining that young people aren't having sex or driving, even though those are two of the riskiest things you can do.

Oh and eating health food is bad too because how else are you supposed to get heart disease and die?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Wasabi the J posted:

It's a modest proposal.

:golfclap:

capital friend. Capital.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/WavwFxP.mp4

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

:wow:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/TaOW8h4.mp4

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

it's fake. rugby is safer than football

Not to that writer.

Letters to the Editor is YouTube comments for olds.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hubis posted:

What I want to know is what is this guys endgame? Surely he isn't planning to demo that whole wall/structure that way? It would take forever if nothing else.

Looks like it could be one of those countries where human labor is still cheaper than machines. Completely unskilled laborers with hammers can be pretty cheap.

It also looks like a 4 story building, there simply may not be enough room to safely swing a wrecking ball or whatever. There seem to be other buildings quite close by on two or three sides. It's possible the equipment available for knocking down tall buildings can't be used safely that close to other buildings, so they are knocking it down by hand until it gets low enough to be safely taken down by a bulldozer.

This would never have happened if hammer man was demolishing the building.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

FuturePastNow posted:

No one anywhere, ever, says "on accident".

It's me, I'm the freak that says "on accident."

I was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

(edit)

and also this was 5 pages ago. Refresh is a good thing.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

13Pandora13 posted:

It's me, I'm the freak that says "on accident."

I was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

(edit)

and also this was 5 pages ago. Refresh is a good thing.

That's OK. We know you did it on accident.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Crowley? So magic does work

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Proteus Jones posted:

That's OK. We know you did it on accident.

Lake Michigan was really polluted in the 80s :downsgun:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Old people are incredibly stupid about safety and will complain about the youth for any reason.

So what you end up with is olds complaining that young people aren't having sex or driving, even though those are two of the riskiest things you can do.

Oh and eating health food is bad too because how else are you supposed to get heart disease and die?

I can't believe you're not picking up that it is satire.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Bet you that guy's listening to Best of Queen.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bet you he's paid by the mile and if he doesn't risk his life driving on the edge of a collapsed road, he'll be stuck waiting for a warehouse to unload him for the weekend without being paid losing out on another load and won't be able to make his truck payment.

Joke's on him, the warehouse staff ducked out early to go drinking and he'll be waiting the whole weekend anyways.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
It looks like there's a beam laid down where he drives so he's not just skirting the slide, there's been some attempt at a bypass constructed.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

TTerrible posted:

Why would you add to the noise :psyduck:

Would you rather listen to this:

https://youtu.be/01KmpgD7p-E

non stop for 6 hours or watch a very loud 6 hour marathon of The X-Files on Chiller?

Also keep in mind those sounds are only from Aristocrat brand machines. Only one of the many different manufacturers with their own distinct attract mode sound effects. There were 300+ machines in there.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Listening to a deafening six hour X-Files marathon over the constant background of slot machines sounds like some kind of weird torture but everyone copes differently I guess :v:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Wasabi the J posted:

I can't believe you're not picking up that it is satire.
It's 2017 mate, satire is dead and gone, replaced by reality.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
No NMS photos although the topic might make some people squeamish. Pretty amazing job by everyone involved.

Man's leg caught in grain auger

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

iroc.dis posted:

No NMS photos although the topic might make some people squeamish. Pretty amazing job by everyone involved.

Man's leg caught in grain auger
"completed a left foot amputation that was largely done by the auger."

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

SelenicMartian posted:

"completed a left foot amputation that was largely done by the auger."
Scum gently caress hospital probably still charged him full price.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Slugworth posted:

Well if you give one guy a pre-existing partial amputation discount then everyone's gonna be blowing their limbs off with shotguns before rocking up to ER

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Crowley? So magic does work

Nice.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Untrustable posted:

Also keep in mind those sounds are only from Aristocrat brand machines. Only one of the many different manufacturers with their own distinct attract mode sound effects. There were 300+ machines in there.

Do they just not have a quiet mode, or do you have to open them up to flip it on or off every time rather than being able to set a timer? It seems like 'not driving your employees deaf and/or mad, saving on future expenses!' would be a feature you could sell on.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/DE7AgDy.mp4

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I hope they're planning to shore up that pit!

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Doggos doing a much better job than these idiots

https://i.imgur.com/TaOW8h4.gifv

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Seriously? Same page. Twenty Posts up.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Keiya posted:

Do they just not have a quiet mode, or do you have to open them up to flip it on or off every time rather than being able to set a timer? It seems like 'not driving your employees deaf and/or mad, saving on future expenses!' would be a feature you could sell on.

I never worked inside the machines and security wasn't even allowed to touch them. We had one machine tech assigned to our location. He would have laughed me off the phone if I asked him to come turn down 300+ machines every night at midnite.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Find a breaker?

imHitchens
Oct 24, 2012

harlequin macaw

Untrustable posted:

I never worked inside the machines and security wasn't even allowed to touch them. We had one machine tech assigned to our location. He would have laughed me off the phone if I asked him to come turn down 300+ machines every night at midnite.

Should have been able to be turned off remotely from whatever central they are connected to. Where I worked (not open 24/7) we had them go into some kind of maintenance mode at closing and they went quiet and told people to go to the exits.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6ueDHn2HTk

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/ZxaB7uA.gifv

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

Slugworth posted:

I've heard helo medevac trips are insanely expensive. In this case, how expensive are they when they fly out a mobile ER unit, work on a person, then fly every one back to the hospital.

I would also hope that the small town FD and EMS are going to get an award or something. Keeping the guy from bleeding out long enough for doctors to get there is pretty incredible.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

MRAP, more like MREKT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Man this crossfit poo poo is getting out of hand