Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

trash person posted:

I looked at my phone for a good 30 seconds before deciding to stick with Xbox over PC.

I just don't see how it doesn't turn out like CoD, where everyone still just plays on consoles.

I'll be getting it for console as well, but having Destiny at 60 fps sounds amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

signalnoise posted:

Oh nice, it's Claptrap-6

Too real.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Fishbulb are you alright mate? Pls respond

I'm alive. Gunna be a difficult time until the Pc only ghetto gets open but I can deal.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
So you can pay an extra 10 bucks for an emote, sword and emblem that no one will ever use outside of the first couple of days

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

texaholic posted:

So you can pay an extra 10 bucks for an emote, sword and emblem that no one will ever use outside of the first couple of days

I did it i paid the monies.

I am the worst

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stormgale posted:

Unironically it looks fun, I hope unlike the fun trailers they made for destiny 1 the game is actually fun and jokey from the start

What looks fun? They didn't even show any gameplay. :confused:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

texaholic posted:

only if the sword is the noblest Hanzo katana and the emote is the moonwalk

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

the good fax machine posted:

I think they mean "tone". Like I remember Destiny 1's trailers being all about huffing their own farts over how important everything is and super serious this is the new Halo, and this one's only half that.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

trash person posted:

I am the worst

Yeah I am going to too, just can't quite click the button yet

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It'll be good to be back. My time with Destiny was awesome.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Curious if the Sony exclusive stuff will show up on PC at the same time or if it will be on the same timeline as xbox.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm going to buy the big dumb messenger bag edition because I'm a bad person with no self-control.

Javes posted:

Curious if the Sony exclusive stuff will show up on PC at the same time or if it will be on the same timeline as xbox.

I don't see why it would, Sony exclusive means Sony exclusive.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

texaholic posted:

Yeah I am going to too, just can't quite click the button yet

When the preorder splash screen in Destiny popped up i preordered before i had too much time to think about it.

Which sounds like a dumb move but is actually the smartest move since i now saved myself months of "should i preorder? Should i pick up a PS4 and start fresh on there? Do i want pc? Do i want the dumb super collectors edition handbag?"

Now it's done and i can just enjoy the ride

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

haveblue posted:

I'm going to buy the big dumb messenger bag edition because I'm a bad person with no self-control.

Main reason i don't get that one is I cant stand buying things physically anymore. Gimme that preload and I can play immediately September 7th at 9 PM. Don't have to go see sweaty kids and wait in line then have to drive home and put the disc in and install the 96835 GB day 1 patch

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

trash person posted:

Main reason i don't get that one is I cant stand buying things physically anymore. Gimme that preload and I can play immediately September 7th at 9 PM. Don't have to go see sweaty kids and wait in line then have to drive home and put the disc in and install the 96835 GB day 1 patch

...on Amazon.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

trash person posted:

I am the worst

I like your username/post combo, and also the combination of my username and this post.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

trash person posted:

When the preorder splash screen in Destiny popped up i preordered before i had too much time to think about it.

Which sounds like a dumb move but is actually the smartest move since i now saved myself months of "should i preorder? Should i pick up a PS4 and start fresh on there? Do i want pc? Do i want the dumb super collectors edition handbag?"

Now it's done and i can just enjoy the ride

I am ordering through amazon I get points on the credit card, amazon just sent me this fancy new metal CC. I pay that poo poo off every month so no interest.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I'm going physical because I did last time and the new steelbook looks every bit as nice as the D1 one does

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Zavala is Year One Destiny, Cayde is Year Three Destiny, Ikora Rey is people who only play Destiny for the lore

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

http://ign.com/articles/2017/03/30/destiny-2-collectors-edition-two-expansions-released

Collector's edition is $249.99 USD.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I'm gonna pre-order Game + Expansion Pass because I would never pay $10 for a dlc of just those 3 things in any other game and I ain't starting now!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

haha holy poo poo

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I meant tone, destiny suffered until about taken king of being super serious instead of embracing dumb stuff... buut the original trailers had the same vibe (with the 3 man fireteam) and the game was serious, hence my worries

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Before anyone buys this, let me tell you about the Halo Cat Helmet Version I bought, did nothing with for five years, then finally tossed in the recycling because gently caress stupid collector pieces.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.

xzzy posted:

Before anyone buys this, let me tell you about the Halo Cat Helmet Version I bought, did nothing with for five years, then finally tossed in the recycling because gently caress stupid collector pieces.

Excuse me I can wear my bag and have everyone know I shouldn't be talked to.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Proudly owned that cat helmet for 9 years and ain't stopping now :colbert:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Unfadeable, so please don't try to fade me.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

trash person posted:

Gimme that preload and I can play immediately September 7th at 9 PM.

Wrong. You know it'll go live 9/8 at 2 am PST

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Not letting PC master race pre-order yet, this is discrimination.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Wow what an overhyped trailer. The teaser was a better trailer.

Also anyone switching to PC this time around from the consoles? I'm considering it but wouldn't really want to miss out on the cool goons I played with before so might not.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Wrong. You know it'll go live 9/8 at 2 am PST

And still require the 40gb day 1 patch

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Solar panel USB charger :wtc:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

remote play on your psvita from anywhere*

*with destiny 2 expansion collectors edition hotspot brought to you by verizon wireless

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

So we're fighting the Cabal in vanilla. Epansion II is about Osiris which likely means Mercury. Expansion II looks about Rasputin which probably will feature Cosmdrome + Plaguelands + Few Extra Bits but CURRENT GEN! now.

Not that I'm immediately pre ordering once I get home, but I was hoping for a *hint* of some really new poo poo we haven't seen before, like a new race or something. But Mercury also might mean Vex stuff, so I'll gladly take more Vex and Cabal after 3 years of Hive and Fallen

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

How do I get in the beta.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Emron posted:

How do I get in the beta.

Buy one copy of the game for every platform it's available on.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Roman posted:

So we're fighting the Cabal in vanilla. Epansion II is about Osiris which likely means Mercury. Expansion II looks about Rasputin which probably will feature Cosmdrome + Plaguelands + Few Extra Bits but CURRENT GEN! now.

Not that I'm immediately pre ordering once I get home, but I was hoping for a *hint* of some really new poo poo we haven't seen before, like a new race or something. But Mercury also might mean Vex stuff, so I'll gladly take more Vex and Cabal after 3 years of Hive and Fallen

We're AT LEAST going to the Jovian moons, where Osiris and other guardian factions are. They've made multiple allusions to having to 'go beyond' the inner planets, both in word and in subtle imagery in the AoT rollout. I imagine we'll see a SIVA problem on Mars, and a lot more Hive activity on the Moon.

It is possible that we may go to other Solar Systems to go nutpunch the Cabal, but that seems like a stretch of resources that Guardians may not have access to. I don't think we exactly have a battlefleet like the Cabal, especially under dire attack, unless you count friendly Ketches, but those are (currently) few and far between.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 30, 2017

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Nobody knows anything so everyone chill the F out.

Lol if you pre-order expansions in 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Speaking as a PC master racist, I for one cant wait to pwn Gary. XD

• Locked thread