Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Sir Tonk posted:

looking forward to the next garrison

Trump, the Glorious Golden God: "Sorry, but making America great again isn't a crime. :smuggo:"

Fat, ugly SJW crybaby with a dirty diaper: "But that's not fair!"

Edit: gently caress, new page. Here, have a local hockey comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

UberJew posted:

Tories support gay marriage and abortion so they're totally fair game

SupportED. Thats gone now.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Fulchrum posted:

SupportED. Thats gone now.

Another fine gently caress you from the mess May created.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

UberJew posted:

Tories *support gay marriage and abortion so they're totally fair game

*Support being questioned as of right now due to *Orangemen.

*Orangemen not related to the Orangeman.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

OH NO MY BUTT!

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Extreme0 posted:

*Support being questioned as of right now due to *Orangemen.

*Orangemen not related to the Orangeman.

Or the Orangemen of Syracuse University.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I feel like this was made on purpose to win the worst labels category.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

You mean like, say, not depicting one of the foremost Democrats as a shrill harpy demon who hates everyone, you loving piece of poo poo?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Literally true.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Fulchrum posted:

You mean like, say, not depicting one of the foremost Democrats as a shrill harpy demon who hates everyone, you loving piece of poo poo?

Seriously. I wonder, if Hillary had gotten elected and/or Democrats took the House and Senate, how many of these "Now is the time to be calm and rational." comics would instead be "We have to resist tyranny, Winslow."

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Wow, literally "black people will kill you all".

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Is this intended to be read as "other races are literally a different species who will kill and eat you if you go to the same schools"?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

VitalSigns posted:

Is this intended to be read as "other races are literally a different species who will kill and eat you if you go to the same schools"?

Yes. That and chronic alchoholism, are the core of Tinsley's ideology.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

This might be a bad look if Scalise ends up dead or disabled after all.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Erenthal posted:

Wow, literally "black people will kill you all".
Are people not reading any of my carefully constructed profiles?

VitalSigns posted:

Well, obviously not.

But seriously - Tinsley does "let's not profile these sharks / carnivorous dinosaurs" constantly. It might be second only to "tepid burns on schools at fake graduation ceremonies" in his oeuvre.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Xander77 posted:

But seriously - Tinsley does "let's not profile these sharks / carnivorous dinosaurs" constantly. It might be second only to "tepid burns on schools at fake graduation ceremonies" in his oeuvre.

Oh yeah, I guess I seem to remember those always had a little veneer of plausible deniability, like you could say "the sharks are just terrorists/criminals, and not all Middle Eastern/black people, maybe you are the racist if you think terrorists equals all Arabs hmmm?" if you wanted to be extremely generous to him. But in this case it's just literally students sitting quietly listening to a graduation speech and the message is that because they're not all the same race, half of them are inevitably going to pounce on the other half and kill them.

I can't find any interpretation no matter how disingenuous, that makes this not a segregationist cartoon.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

I can't find any interpretation no matter how disingenuous, that makes this not a segregationist cartoon.

If you take it literally, as in an actual dinosaur talking to predator and prey, it's a true statement about ecosystems.

But that's doing a lot of work to avoid Tinsley's unstoppable ineptitude.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

If you take it literally, as in an actual dinosaur talking to predator and prey, it's a true statement about ecosystems.

Ha!

Good point.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I never thought I'd say this, but that Ramirez caricature looks far too human.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Just lol at that Union Jack though

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I think it bears repeating:

gently caress off Tinsley.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Ramirez went to the effort of copying the actual paper masthead but then labelled it "The UK Times" because it is very important the reader doesn't get confused.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Like anyone's going to read his chickenscratch scribbling on that little paper anyway, waste of time.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

C'mon, you posters can do better than putting in the same Prickly City strip every time you update us. It's a funny joke but it's getting old now, we must have missed a few weeks of the new content

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
You could swap the punchline of any Pricky City strip with any other Prickly City strip and people would be none the wiser.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Prickly City strips have punchlines?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I think Tinsley's pretty much tapped his creative well dry too. The only thing he hasn't done is sharks doing graduation speeches.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Angepain posted:

Prickly City strips have punchlines?
Sorry, I meant last panel.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Starshark posted:

I think Tinsley's pretty much tapped his creative well dry too. The only thing he hasn't done is sharks doing graduation speeches.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Non Avian Dinosaurs literally went extinct because by the time the Asteroid hit, the insane volcanic activity in the Deccan plateaus, and the drying up of the shallow seas that helped regulate the temperature; their diversity was tapering off that all that cataclysm hit them hard.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Oh God, Barney Miller in space, pleeeeeeease

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

So are Zelda and her friends actually living in Norway in the original Swedish, or are they just transplanted to different Scandinavian countries depending on what language they're translated into? For some reason I care.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

:argh: Give us the chance to achieve the American Dream!

:sigh: I guess our differences with these hateful children are just irreconcilable...

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Still laughing at Prickly City's protagonists going up to some random person and saying "excuse me, stop being so angry" like that's some awesome political sensibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Angepain posted:

So are Zelda and her friends actually living in Norway in the original Swedish, or are they just transplanted to different Scandinavian countries depending on what language they're translated into? For some reason I care.
Both Zelda and Rocky live in Sweden but the Norwegian translations most of the time get translated with local places and people. It gets very stupid at times when they hang out in say Gamla Stan in Stockholm, a very distinct area and they then translate it to someplace in Oslo.
It should be noted that while Alhazred is working from the translations he's doing a good job.

E: translation!

• Locked thread