Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

Gulf War theoretically had a justifiable cause; but in practice it was the US swinging it's dick around to prove it's the one true hyperpower. Saddam had previously been a loose ally of the US and thought he'd received a go-ahead from them to invade Kuwait but either the US didn't expect him to go that far or was deliberately baiting him into being an example depending on how cynical you are. Plus while Iraqi troops were pretty awful to the Kuwaitis as you'd expect, the US also just made up a bunch of poo poo to make the war look better

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Delthalaz posted:

The Iraq War was entirely a loving conspiracy to rob and murder people for completely and deliberately fabricated reasons. Just absolutely insane.

This is a "normal" war. This is what war is. Pretending there's anything more to it is just rationalization

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

what'd I say?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

what'd I say?

StashAugustine posted:

Gulf War theoretically had a justifiable cause

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

fair

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Mantis42 posted:

There's that episode of The Boondocks where MLK wakes in the modern day (well, the year 2000), and when asked what to do about 9/11 he says "Well, as a Christian, I believe we should turn the other cheek." Or something to that effect. At 14 I thought that was well intentioned but incredibly naive. Now looking at it, literally doing nothing would have been better than what did happen.

I saw Aaron McGruder give a talk at a liberal arts college in the winter between Obama's election and inauguration. In the Q&A someone asked him how he felt about having a black president and he said he didn't expect anything to meaningfully change under Obama, to a small chorus of boos from the audience. Dude's smart as hell.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
The background liberalism in this thread is too high, is the d&d containment wall leaking again?

Please take your blackpills every day they contain iodine and ground up copies of combat liberalism

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Imagine thinking for a second that America should be out there dealing with any other countries issues

You dumb fucks couldn’t even run an election without shootings and an attempted coup

gently caress off yanks

lol

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://twitter.com/EduardHabsburg/status/1426550867298299905

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlA9hmrC8DU&t=148s

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

He ships shinji x rei doesn't he

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

if John Malkovich's character was real and alive today he would be a bluecheck superstar

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Hatebag posted:

That's loving stupid. Anybody with a functioning brain could see that there was no way a war in Afghanistan would stop future attacks. How the gently caress does murdering hundreds of thousands of people prevent attacks?? That only guarantees attacks, which are now fully justified!
If the us position that Afghanistan harbored terrorists was correct (it was not), the only justifiable action would be to take action directly against terrorists.
Instead, the us and its allies committed genocide against Afghanistan for a generation.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

He's not a great dancer, but he's having fun and that's what's really important. :unsmith:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 24 days!)

tokin opposition posted:

The background liberalism in this thread is too high, is the d&d containment wall leaking again?

Please take your blackpills every day they contain iodine and ground up copies of combat liberalism

turn off your geiger counter

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
look at me, i'm "basking."

i think it may be time for me to return to the underground burrows and grottoes of my ancestors.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

uber_stoat posted:

look at me, i'm "basking."

i think it may be time for me to return to the underground burrows and grottoes of my ancestors.

Move under a bridge and charge tolls.

Troll tolls.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Hatebag posted:

That's loving stupid. Anybody with a functioning brain could see that there was no way a war in Afghanistan would stop future attacks. How the gently caress does murdering hundreds of thousands of people prevent attacks?? That only guarantees attacks, which are now fully justified!
If the us position that Afghanistan harbored terrorists was correct (it was not), the only justifiable action would be to take action directly against terrorists.
Instead, the us and its allies committed genocide against Afghanistan for a generation.

My fuckin dipshit boss literally said "great, now they're gonna start attacking us over here!"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

An Afghan airship looms low over Omaha, its searchlights a baleful harbinger of the bomb rain to follow

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/RealHeathcliffs/status/1426565812354170881?s=19

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Checking the conversion from 50 degrees C into America Degrees, lol gently caress

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Virgil emerges from hiding

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

behold, a liberal

no

but it is absolutely a correct rebuttal that if anyone ought to have been held responsible for 9/11, it's the Saudis

Hatebag posted:

gently caress you, idiot. Hundreds of thousands of people were murdered in Afghanistan. I can't conceive of a person so loving stupid they imagine there's some justification for innocent people being turned into blood mist by robots for a generation. I guess it's some consolation that you're so loving stupid you'll choke on your own tongue eventually

Hatebag posted:

all americans are stupid pieces of poo poo that deserve to be exterminated

hmm

also as if innocent people weren't already suffering under the taliban for no reason, even in ostensibly hard left positions some Americans are unsufferably imperialist as gently caress: "yes killing people is bad, but when the US does it it's somehow worse and innocents dying only matter when they get murdered by Americans."

also² note that I never said the US should have gone to war in Afghanistan, all I said is that the justifications for it were more understandable

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Pope Hilarius II posted:

no

but it is absolutely a correct rebuttal that if anyone ought to have been held responsible for 9/11, it's the Saudis

hmm

also as if innocent people weren't already suffering under the taliban for no reason, even in ostensibly hard left positions some Americans are unsufferably imperialist as gently caress: "yes killing people is bad, but when the US does it it's somehow worse and innocents dying only matter when they get murdered by Americans."

also² note that I never said the US should have gone to war in Afghanistan, all I said is that the justifications for it were more understandable

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Pope Hilarius II posted:

yes killing people is bad, but when the US does it it's somehow worse and innocents dying only matter when they get murdered by Americans

:hmmyes:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pope Hilarius II posted:

no

hmm

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Source your quotes

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it is worse when a larger number of people die, yes. goddamn liberals.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Chucklefuck, it's not our job to play world police through our military action. What is our job is making sure we're not the ones doing the killing. It's not worse, it's just the one variable we should be controlling and we do a terrible job at it.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Shiroc posted:

Checking the conversion from 50 degrees C into America Degrees, lol gently caress

Bask in it. BASK!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/booksfightback/status/1426566836028645379

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/wrengee/status/1426663766721056768?s=19

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

oh my loving god. well at least this tweet was easy to find

https://twitter.com/EduardHabsburg/status/1319705773224693760

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Imagine the throwing arms on those kids, though. They're just leaving a prime asset to waste.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

happyhippy posted:

Iraq was totally an oil grab.

Maybe. However I'm suspicious, as the invasion of Iraq directly led to the creation of ISIL which destabilized the heck out of key Russian ally Syria.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

oh my loving god. well at least this tweet was easy to find

https://twitter.com/EduardHabsburg/status/1319705773224693760

This isn't even true, btw. Cadet branches of the Habsburgs would continue intermarrying until the 20th century. The traditional inbreeding was so bad that the patrilineal line of Austrian-Spanish Habsburgs went extinct, and had to continue through the Habsburg-Lorraine branch under Maria Theresa.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

tokin opposition posted:

He ships shinji x rei doesn't he

just got this. :perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Pope Hilarius II posted:

no

hmm

Great, justifiable genocide. That's cool, you have a functioning brain and should continue telling everybody your amazing thoughts