Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Tomorrow's Rumblethon match is Wrestling Revolution 3D, so I'm pumped.

Surprised they haven't done any of the AKI games yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Gavok posted:

Tomorrow's Rumblethon match is Wrestling Revolution 3D, so I'm pumped.

Surprised they haven't done any of the AKI games yet.

https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1485030464868003841

If I had to guess, the AKI ones were way too long.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Testekill posted:

https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1485030464868003841

If I had to guess, the AKI ones were way too long.

I mean they did have to run them at double-speed at least once so yeah.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
I guess I'm the weirdo that enjoys the ones that go longer than 10-15 minutes; off the top of my head, the Fire Pro one going 1.5x speed really felt like an over-correction and made it feel disjointed.

Obviously there's a distinction to be made between that and 2+ hours, though.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the aki ones are just boring too, less funny stuff can happen.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Just take control of someone that powerbombs. Powerbomb people over the ropes, problem solved.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I slept too much last night and now I can't take anything seriously at work/want to laugh at everything. Its a problem.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's on!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTZGqbky3ls

e. total chaos

Kennel fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 26, 2022

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Maskara highlight of today’s rumble.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

And we've got Empire tomorrow.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

That was so drat good lmao

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
All the mDickie rumbles are the best, just fantastic game engines and great wrestler names

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Shard posted:

I've never seen a story try to tell me that the bad character was actually good and in fact I was bad for finding his despicable actions deplorable.

i watched a steven seagal movie called "the asian connection" where he plays the bad guy and murders many people in cold blood and the final scene is a voiceover from the hero's love interest saying that steven seagal was actually a pretty nice guy after all

highly recommended.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
It's really genuinely impressive that the mdickie engine supports 17+ wrestlers being in the ring at once and that the cpu logic doesn't just completely break down or the game come grinding to a halt.

It obviously looks ridiculous, but it's still impressive.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
MDickie is a weird dude that made the best prison game of all time

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Iskanderson posted:

It's really genuinely impressive that the mdickie engine supports 17+ wrestlers being in the ring at once and that the cpu logic doesn't just completely break down or the game come grinding to a halt.

It obviously looks ridiculous, but it's still impressive.

I mean any real-life match involving 17+ wrestlers in the ring also looks ridiculous.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The mdickie games are so feature packed. I wish someone could come In and make it less clunky to actually play.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

They're easier and better to play than Fire Pro, the mechanics are pretty simple and there's also, crucially, hit detection

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Basic Chunnel posted:

They're easier and better to play than Fire Pro, the mechanics are pretty simple and there's also, crucially, hit detection

fire pro is way better at simming matches which makes the most important feature, fire promoter, all the better

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Angry_Ed posted:

I mean any real-life match involving 17+ wrestlers in the ring also looks ridiculous.

Why would you say this is bad or unusual

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Why would you say this is bad or unusual

nice battle royal. for BABIES :smug:

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

shiksa posted:

nice battle royal. for BABIES :smug:

:wcw: it's beautiful

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Has anyone played Action Arcade Wrestling? It looks fun from what I’ve seen of it for a cartoony wresting game

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Dacap posted:

Has anyone played Action Arcade Wrestling? It looks fun from what I’ve seen of it for a cartoony wresting game

It's weird and not very good but the CAW download library is pretty neat

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Dacap posted:

It feels like they were trying to make an AKI game, but only got halfway done.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Out-Of-Order Pepsi Machine rules

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Well dang, will skip it then

Gavok posted:

It feels like they were trying to make an AKI game, but only got halfway done.

Can’t remember the timing but I do recall it was originally a Chikara game, did them falling apart affect the development?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Dacap posted:

Can’t remember the timing but I do recall it was originally a Chikara game, did them falling apart affect the development?

It was originally Chikara Action Arcade Wrestling and got its budget through crowdfunding (rumor has it that Cesaro made sure it made goal during the final hours). It took a while to come out because it's programmed by like one guy, but it eventually hit Steam with a Chikara roster, artwork and pictures of shows for the loading screens. Chikara even named their weekly pandemic shows after the game.

Then shortly after the season finale was taped, the Speaking Out stuff kicked in and there was a massive exodus of people who wanted to distance themselves from Chikara. That included the guy behind the game, who promptly dropped all the Chikara stuff from it and made it more generic.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

They're easier and better to play than Fire pro

Ehhhhh no. Easier maybe. I’ll give you the hit detection though.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Back to back MDickie games, good lord. At least this is marginally less of a clusterfuck ignoring all the fire.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Today's rumble was just :kiss:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Back to back MDickie games, good lord. At least this is marginally less of a clusterfuck ignoring all the fire.

I mean, yeah, but that's why we love MDickie games.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

shiksa posted:

fire pro is way better at simming matches which makes the most important feature, fire promoter, all the better

Smackdown-2K vs FirePro is kinda like the difference between Fifa and Football Manager. Fire Pro is all about the obsessive nuts and bolts and watching the engine work its magic.

I'm working through a fictional/efed only MOTW run just building feuds and building up my chosen aces and its some of the best fun I've had in a wrestling game to date. 170 hours and I don't even have a controller plugged in. :allears:

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 28, 2022

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like Fire Pro better because you have to feel your way through matches. Less move spam and more trying to figure when its time to really start uncorking on a dude. WWE games are just watch the bars go down and up while you spam running grapples.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Today's Rumblethon is a long one (Day of Reckoning 2), but it's one of the best ones they've done.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tomorrow's is Anarchy Rulz

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kenny's, Xavier's and Cole's best-of lists https://www.giantbomb.com/articles/kenny-omega-and-xavier-woods-and-adam-coles-top-games-of-2021/1100-6204/

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://www.twitch.tv/newlegacyinc/

NL simulating the Rumble PPV

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I've been laughing so hard ever since Malcom Bivens entered the Rumble. WWE 2K20 is the gift that keep giving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Continuing on my Wrestling Empire save, because watching the Rumblethon renewed my interest. First match is a best of three tag match against Ric Flair and one of the MDickie originals. First move, my partner gets thrown out for “constantly interfering”. Later in the match, Randy Savage runs in and attacks me. I try to fight back in self-defence, only to be hit with the “you don’t want me on your team? I’ll switch sides!”

Then someone stole my clothes. I say mine, but they’re actually Ronda Rousey’s because of forced gimmick changes.

:allears: