Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

About some white kid that punched an old bus driver in the face, in 2012, and was caught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Admiral Joeslop posted:

About some white kid that punched an old bus driver in the face, in 2012, and was caught.

Idiots on Social Media: Rest in Peace, D'ndu Nuffin Jr. IV

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

chitoryu12 posted:

This is accurate up to the point where it mentions quartz oscillators. Piezoelectric watches using quartz were a thing for a while, but it wasn't until I think the 1960s that Seiko made them viable. It also hosed up the famous Swiss watch industry, since now they had to find a way to define themselves other than advertising based on precision. Super-precise mechanical watches stopped mattering when you could get something as good or better for a fraction of the cost with quartz.

Either way, I'd think the "only been slaves to the clock since the Industrial Revolution" thing is more referring to how common reliable timekeeping became. Ancient civilizations certainly had timekeeping methods that could achieve surprisingly good precision, but most people didn't actually base their days or lives on anything more stringent than morning, noon, evening, and night. Hourglasses and water clocks let you measure a length of time, but you can't get everyone to agree on exactly when 11:15 AM is. It was only relatively recently in human history that most people were able to reliably track time to the second and thus be able to schedule their lives with precision.

I was also talking about the entire concept of getting paid by the hour, or having to work a certain number of hours

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

RatHat posted:

Aside from just "lol duggars" I don't get it.

Not only did he sexually abuse some of his younger sisters and get away with it punishment-free, he cheated on his wife several times, most notably using some other guy's picture as his own Tinder profile pic.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Was looking for debate stuff, found this:

This man is in his forties.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

quote:

Lastly it definitely sucks that that aweful person threatened to reveal that you said "This is why feminists gets harassed online, and I'll do it right here right now... YOU DESERVE TO BE RAPED!!" to people in real life. She should respect your wish for privacy. With that said, one way to avoid that poo poo in the future is to not tell people they deserve to be raped. Pretty strait forward.

quote:

Nothing makes me more nervous and furious than young attractive people laughing near me. Even if I'm just passing a group of people while walking on the sidewalk I cannot stand seeing and hearing them laugh. It's even worse when they burst out laughing right after passing you because you know they are laughing at you, especially when they are women. Or in the grocery store while waiting in line, what is there to laugh at in the grocery store? I try to look away and ignore them and act like an adult but to no avail because it honestly gets to me. These idiots simply lack any manners and the more they laugh the more upset I get. It usually gets to the point where I am so full of rage that I have to exercise extreme self control and restraint not to blow up at them right then and there. In those moments I honestly wish that these people's lives would end prematurely so I can laugh myself. Nothing would brighten my day more than seeing that loving grin disappear from their faces. These are the same attractive people and women who will later go on to protest bullying or complain online about how lovely the world but it is them who are making this world lovely in the first place. When they are in their little group they lose sight of everything and think that its okay to act like complete bullies towards men who are less fortunate than them. I sincerely hope that one day while eating I get to see their picture on the news along with a segment featuring their family and friends crying because it cheers me up when they get reality checked and punished for acting like they do in public.

quote:

I hate the idea of another man having his way with a woman that I potentially like. It's humiliating and embarrassing that she would choose him before me.

quote:

I lost about $5000 because of a woman who pretended to be romantically interested in me just so that I would pay her rent. When we were just friends, we were both living in the city where I wen to college. After a few months of knowing each other as friends, I found a new job in a different city, and she seemed really sad about my moving. After I left, we kept in touch, and she said that she would have been interested in a relationship if I hadn't moved away. I was devastated, since I already had a bit of a crush on her. I tried to find another job and move back where she lives, but couldn't find one. I asked her if she would ever consider moving to the city where I now lived, and she said that she would consider it if she found a job. Later, she came and interviewed for a job, and she said that she got it but that it would only be part time at first and that she wouldn't have enough money to move. I offered to pay her rent until she had enough money to pay for it on her own. And this is where things started to go downhill. She insisted upon getting a sufficiently nice apartment in a sufficiently nice neighborhood and not having roommates. She was somewhat coercive in this regard when I expressed concerns about paying so much, saying that she wasn't moving if we couldn't find a nice enough place for her and that if I loved her I shouldn't have a problem paying for it. In the end, we settled on an apartment that was over $1500/month, and I put in a security deposit and broker's fee for a total of two months' rent to secure the apartment. Fortunately I didn't sign the lease, as I was starting to have concerns about the way that she was behaving. She became increasingly withdrawn and uninterested in interacting with me, she was totally unaffectionate (she didn't even wants to hold hands and rarely let me hug or kiss her), and she became increasingly critical and impatient towards me. Finally, I found out that she didn't actually a job offer and made the whole thing. That confirmed my suspicions that she didn't actually like me and was just pretending to like me so that I would pay her rent and she wouldn't have to work. Thankfully the whole thing fell apart before I ended up paying her rent in the long term, but I couldn't get back the $3000 that I put towards the apartment application. In addition I spent about $1000 on plane tickets (she never paid for her own plane tickets) and another $1000 on expensive restaurants and concert tickets (again, she never paid for anything).

quote:

I feel like I need to say this because most of the people spouting the whole "virginity doesn’t matter" thing always tend to be really young. I'd just like to say that after a certain age (25+ or so), it's social suicide. You literally cannot function in day to day life with friends or coworkers when you lack relationship experience, every single conversation becomes about some significant other or who you're seeing currently. People will put two and two together and quickly think there's something wrong with you even if there isn't. If you try to avoid it, you will be seen as unsociable or "creepy".

quote:

"Dad, how do you get girls to like you?"

"Well son, you need GAME. When you're talking to a girl, intertwine playfully sarcastic comments with little moments of sincerity that show a good mixture of being both a jerk and a nice person, while maintaining a deep voice throughout, good posture, and smiling at a rate of 4.73 times per minute. Make her laugh, but make sure not to be too funny or she won't take you seriously. Show your strong sexual interest in her, but do not come off as clingy or overly sexual to the point of making her uncomfortable. Be confident and somewhat arrogant, but listen to what she has to say and every now-and-then, comment on things that may be of interest to her. Don't give away too many things about yourself, but let her see what a fun guy you are. Be energetic and enthusiastic and come across as adventurous and worldly. Avoid self-deprecating humor but show that you are willing to laugh at yourself. Maintain eye contact while subtlety touching her and maintaining an average facial distance between 2.7 and 3.8 feet at a 43 degree angle. Really simple. Just think of women as PEOPLE."

quote:

They don't care breaking a guy's heart and self esteem. They don't care about their family's honor when they gently caress Chads everyday. They don't care about other girls at all, girls don't really know what friendship is. They gossip too much, they cannot be trusted. They would kill every animal and plant on the planet just for the taste of a Chad's cock. They're jealous of everything, they couldn't stand that men are superior both intellectually and physically than them and they used the only thing they can actually dominate us with: their vaginas. We, as men want to have sex a lot, that's why women had their liberties restricted, so they could serve men with sex and offspring. Women also want a lot of sex, of course, but societies back then had to limit their impulses because women don't know which man is the best to reproduce with. Look, today women only breed with dumb chads and incompetent thugs. Back then, women were forced to reproduce with intelligent and wise men. Now they use their vaginas as a prize, and we follow their lovely game. Why fight for something that was once a right for all men?. Women were a RIGHT for a man back then. Women's rights=Men lose one right: women themselves.

quote:

Sometimes I tip old lady waitresses, but I never ever tip hot teen waitresses. There are a few high end restaurants in town that hire pretty much only extremely stunning young white teen girls. I avoid going to those at all costs because it crushes my soul to be reminded of these girls' existence.

quote:

What's the worst thing a female who isn't related to you ever did to you? Most recent - she told me i was "bad for her mental health" and then dropped all communication. loving great experience.

Don't hang out on an incels board.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
I was gong to say something snarky about how I bet they're all fedora-wearing hambeasts, but honestly, any mental picture they have of themselves is probably 100x worse than what they actually look like. I mean, goddamn:

trickybiscuits posted:

Nothing makes me more nervous and furious than young attractive people laughing near me. Even if I'm just passing a group of people while walking on the sidewalk I cannot stand seeing and hearing them laugh. It's even worse when they burst out laughing right after passing you because you know they are laughing at you, especially when they are women.
:tinfoil:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

trapped mouse posted:

Was looking for debate stuff, found this:

This man is in his forties.

I didn't know Bush Jr. was fictional, learn something new every day.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I think the virginity angst is this creeping fear that the older they get, the less likely they will get laid, which just feeds into the neurosis. And I bet a guy, say in his thirties that hasn't so much kissed a girl is going to be hyper aware of all the little things other people experienced that he hadn't in casual conversations.

So these guys get progressively more goony because they keep obsessing about it, and it becomes a self reinforcing thing that they sabotage themselves with.

And really, our culture puts a lot of social value on pairing off and finding someone that wants to have sex with you. So for the people that fell through the cracks for whatever reason (Goonyness, shyness, mental illness etc) They can feel this sense of isolation and resentment.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

http://www.menarebetterthanwomen.com/rape/

Apparently age old meme Lord maddox's podcast partner or whatever

quote:

Rape!
Click below to get Dick in your Ear and listen to the podcast of this article.
Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Women think that they somehow own rape — as though rape itself were a wedding and no man could have an opinion about it.

Actually, that was more profound than I thought it was going to be.

More men than women are raped every year. I, Dick Masterson, am taking back rape like I took back the vote. It’s a man thing and women aren’t allowed to have an opinion on it.

Rape is one of the most underreported crimes in the world. That’s because women don’t really give a poo poo about it. I sat on my seatbelt one time. It sucked and I was sore for a bit, but I cranked some metal all the way to work and by the time I got there, I didn’t give a poo poo. That’s basically the same as women and rape. They just need an extra long shower.

Extra long showers are metal for women.

Only 16% of rapes and sexual assaults are reported to the police. If women love to hate rape so much, then why do they constantly miss the opportunity to do something about it? Because they’re women. If rolling her eyes doesn’t fix the problem, it’s passed to the nearest man.

More men are raped every year than women. When I decided that, I was initially shocked at the statistics, which indicated the opposite: that I was wrong.

Prison rape statistics put the annual number of prisoner rape at approximately 7,000 a year. The average number of women who are “sexually assaulted” every year is 200,780.

That’s a big loving difference. Like a wedding or menopause, it looks like women should own rape and be able to say whatever they want about it. However, like usual when dealing with women, I knew there was some bullshit afoot with that staggering 200,000.

When I forced my man-probe of investigation into this data, I discovered that “sexual assault” is not the same as rape. Apparently women aren’t going by the long-established and very manly Clinton definition of “sexual” when they define “assault”. If it didn’t fit, you must acquit.

64,080 of sexual assaults involve actual rape. And a staggeringly low 26% of these rapes were committed by an actual stranger.

A roommate who drinks all your beer isn’t a thief, he’s just a dick. A younger brother who burns your toys isn’t an arsonist, he’s just a dick. A guy who fucks a drunk girl who passed out in his bed isn’t a rapist, he’s just a dick. Get over it.

26% of 64,000 rape victims is 16,640 women. Getting your boob grabbed on the subway isn’t rape.

A woman might think these pruning measures should be applied to my prison man-rape statistics, but if anything, prison rape is probably more underreported than regular rape.

I have something I call the Treasure Map of Truth that I use when dealing with women. Step one is determining what women actually mean with a word like “sexually”. They never mean what you think they mean. Step two means figuring out how much of it was her fault. It’s usually very high. In this case, 74%. And step three is see where she’s lying her loving rear end off.

Less than half of accused rapists are convicted. 54% to be mancise. That means any man accused of and arrested for rape is likely to not have done poo poo. Can anyone say Duke Lacrosse?

If 54% of rapes didn’t actually happen, then that reported 16,640 goes down to 7,654.

If I was a woman, that’s where I would stop. 7,654 women and 6,908 men are raped every year and it looks like women barely squeaked out a majority on this one. That doesn’t mean it’s theirs, but it does make me wrong, which I’m much more concerned about.

By all conservative estimates, 10% of rape victims are male. That means the final rape statistics for any given year are 7,750 men and 6,750 women.

Men are better than women.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Less than half, 54%.

As for the rest of that horrible poo poo...

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I believe this is an appropriate response, and I haven't been able to use this in forever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfelqZpapZA

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Panfilo posted:

I think the virginity angst is this creeping fear that the older they get, the less likely they will get laid, which just feeds into the neurosis. And I bet a guy, say in his thirties that hasn't so much kissed a girl is going to be hyper aware of all the little things other people experienced that he hadn't in casual conversations.

So these guys get progressively more goony because they keep obsessing about it, and it becomes a self reinforcing thing that they sabotage themselves with.

And really, our culture puts a lot of social value on pairing off and finding someone that wants to have sex with you. So for the people that fell through the cracks for whatever reason (Goonyness, shyness, mental illness etc) They can feel this sense of isolation and resentment.
It looks a lot like clinical depression with a healthy dose of groupthink.

We need some cheering up. This discussion started with blue announcing that only assholes get women so he might as well stop being a nice guy and be an rear end in a top hat.

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

quote:

More men are raped every year than women. When I decided that, I was initially shocked at the statistics, which indicated the opposite: that I was wrong.

Statistics! :argh:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

http://www.menarebetterthanwomen.com/rape/

Apparently age old meme Lord maddox's podcast partner or whatever

quoting myself but seems like this was the thing that led to

https://twitter.com/dickmasterson/status/780517270531379200

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hurray for another internet argument where both sides appear to be absolutely insufferable.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Fitting with the shirt, considering that's a part of Vader's arc.

He WAS kind of the bad guy and in the wrong, but that's just details right?

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

My high school history teacher, everyone.

Even chances of this being drunk posting or rowdy separatist posting.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Bomrek posted:

My high school history teacher, everyone.

Even chances of this being drunk posting or rowdy separatist posting.

No wolves at all in oranges empire.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

trickybiscuits posted:

It looks a lot like clinical depression with a healthy dose of groupthink.

We need some cheering up. This discussion started with blue announcing that only assholes get women so he might as well stop being a nice guy and be an rear end in a top hat.

"So your dad's an rear end in a top hat?"

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Because anybody being able to own a gun is totally the same thing as freedom of religion.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

TotalLossBrain posted:

Less than half, 54%.

As for the rest of that horrible poo poo...

Goons unable to detect satire, news at 11.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

Besesoth posted:

Goons unable to detect satire, news at 11.

The thing is, it's hard to diagnose satire when there's real people who unironically believe that poo poo out there - just look at LoB's quotes to lose all faith in humanity.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Panfilo posted:

I'm tempted to say that even this societal pressure thing is way overblown. It's certainly changing. Used to be the case that if you weren't married by 30 you were suspect. Now you can easily go through your life and never marry and nobody will bat an eye (they might assume you're gay, but who gives a poo poo anymore); certainly nobody cares if you're with your high school sweetheart or your tenth relationship or you've never gotten laid ever. And if you're single? So what? Do people at work look at you funny if you don't talk about YOUR GIRLFRIEND in the break room?

These guys seem to have a running theme of "If I don't have a girlfriend everyone will smell blood in the water because I can't take part in conversations". Yeah, well, maybe that's because the only other thing you would be able to talk about is video games? Because for God's sake I've never in my whole adult life heard anybody casually start talking about their girl/boyfriends without that being just as uncomfortable a thing for the group to hear about.

E: I mean you'll hear a "I went skiing with my boyfriend last weekend" or some such, but it just doesn't matter unless you take that as her form of warning you off and gloating

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 13:48 on Sep 27, 2016

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Murphys Law posted:

Because anybody being able to own a gun is totally the same thing as freedom of religion.

I had to wait 30 days before I could officially own a firearm, how can Muslims even comprehend my struggle?

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Data Graham posted:

I'm tempted to say that even this societal pressure thing is way overblown. It's certainly changing. Used to be the case that if you weren't married by 30 you were suspect. Now you can easily go through your life and never marry and nobody will bat an eye (they might assume you're gay, but who gives a poo poo anymore); certainly nobody cares if you're with your high school sweetheart or your tenth relationship or you've never gotten laid ever. And if you're single? So what? Do people at work look at you funny if you don't talk about YOUR GIRLFRIEND in the break room?

These guys seem to have a running theme of "If I don't have a girlfriend everyone will smell blood in the water because I can't take part in conversations". Yeah, well, maybe that's because the only other thing you would be able to talk about is video games? Because for God's sake I've never in my whole adult life heard anybody casually start talking about their girl/boyfriends without that being just as uncomfortable a thing for the group to hear about.

E: I mean you'll hear a "I went skiing with my boyfriend last weekend" or some such, but it just doesn't matter unless you take that as her form of warning you off and gloating
I'm not trying to defend people posting on incel boards, but the idea that everyone else is laughing at you behind your back and looking down on you is textbook social anxiety, and I find it hard to point and laugh at social outcasts with mental issues so severe that just going outside is an agonizing experience. Also, you should maybe consider that "I, as someone in a completely different situation from these people, have never experienced the kind of attitudes they talk about, so it must not be real" is a pretty lovely way to look at it, even if the group in question seems to be trying its hardest to not earn any sympathy.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Fair enough

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Some IoSM from my hometown:

The dude is an announcer for a local radio station, or rather he used to be before he got fired. This was his response:

quote:

"I am shocked that women's groups would choose to react to my tweet in a way that portrays stripping in a negative light," he said.

"I will not be apologizing. Doing so would signify an insult to female strippers, whom I have the utmost respect for, along with all women."

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
Quick question: does anybody else think SMH (shake my head) is condescending and smug? I seem to see that when people use this term they're either talking down to someone or seem to think they have the world figured out.

For example, what I see a lot: "What has this world come to? smh."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

bean_shadow posted:

Quick question: does anybody else think SMH (shake my head) is condescending and smug? I seem to see that when people use this term they're either talking down to someone or seem to think they have the world figured out.

Isn't that kind of the point?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

bean_shadow posted:

Most of the time I hear it used jokingly in a hyperbolic manner.

But I don't use social media, so ymmv

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Hardcordion posted:

"I am shocked that women's groups would choose to react to my tweet in a way that portrays stripping in a negative light," he said.

"I will not be apologizing. Doing so would signify an insult to female strippers, whom I have the utmost respect for, along with all women."

Ah the classic "I meant it as a compliment. NOW WHO'S THE BIGOT?" move

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

bean_shadow posted:

I thought it was "so much hate" for a while. Now even though I know it isn't I read it like that.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

bean_shadow posted:

It's supposed to be that way. It's explicitly the action of shaking one's head in pity at the dumbass actions of a person who can't be reasoned with and is bringing shame or injury on itself.

Basically the nonverbal equivalent of Southerners' "Well, bless your heart!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

failing forward posted:

I thought it was "so much hate" for a while. Now even though I know it isn't I read it like that.

Same here