Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

UberJumper posted:

That was one greatest things i have seen in a long time. There is more right :smith:?
Yes and no.

She write her own comic called Cucumber Quest now (and stopped doing fanworks specifically to focus on her own things).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

UberJumper posted:

That was one greatest things i have seen in a long time. There is more right :smith:?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YH3o2pf-Bc

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

her MGS comics are extremely accurate

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

This is a good picture.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Red Capote.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Poison Mushroom posted:

Yes and no.

She write her own comic called Cucumber Quest now (and stopped doing fanworks specifically to focus on her own things).

:smith:

Is this comic supposed to be funny :confused:

:unsmith:

I still think the P4 one has much much better almost soley because of Dojima.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Cucumber Quest is very good, although like most webcomics it update slowly enough that I tend to just forget about it until I remember it exists and I binge the archives.

Speaking of which...

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Question, how bad a time am I gonna have endgame in nocturne for a hard mode TDE run if I don't have Focus.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Question, how bad a time am I gonna have endgame in nocturne for a hard mode TDE run if I don't have Focus.

Can't be nearly as bad as running a magic build. You do have Pierce, right?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

UberJumper posted:

Is this comic supposed to be funny :confused:

Not all the time no

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

Can't be nearly as bad as running a magic build. You do have Pierce, right?

Not yet, but I'm planning on tossing tornado for it.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

straight jerkers posted:

Not all the time no

But it is pretty much adorable all the time. And the art is stunning.

On-topic stuff:
I finished Devil Survivor: Overclocked recently (Gin's route). It was pretty cool! And fun! (But I ended up grinding free battles at the end for money so I could fuse better demons and that was just aggravating).
I heard that Yuzu's route was actually the easiest ending, and I was going to do it... but running away after saving Haru and saving Gin and everybody being so hopeful made that seem absolutely wrong.

Also, why does Yuzu's character growth actively reverse for her route? I only saw the first bits of dialogue, but it was like she was back in Day One again.

Also, I thought the voice-acting was decent. Like it gets dumped on a lot around the internet, but I liked it. :confused:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

kurona_bright posted:

But it is pretty much adorable all the time. And the art is stunning.

On-topic stuff:
I finished Devil Survivor: Overclocked recently (Gin's route). It was pretty cool! And fun! (But I ended up grinding free battles at the end for money so I could fuse better demons and that was just aggravating).
I heard that Yuzu's route was actually the easiest ending, and I was going to do it... but running away after saving Haru and saving Gin and everybody being so hopeful made that seem absolutely wrong.

Also, why does Yuzu's character growth actively reverse for her route? I only saw the first bits of dialogue, but it was like she was back in Day One again.

Also, I thought the voice-acting was decent. Like it gets dumped on a lot around the internet, but I liked it. :confused:

It's worth noting that the ending you chose lacks the extra days available to some of the other endings, so it's worth doing at least one more playthrough.

Yuzu's ending is the one you get when you decide to try to abandon the city. It's the Bad Ending in the original game although Overclocked's 8th day offers you the chance to make it less bad.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Is there a pattern to the personas that show up in the card shuffle at the end of a battle in Persona 3 beyond "these personas on this level?" I'm playing The Answer, so no compendium, and there's a persona I need for a fusion that I hosed up the first time (it ended up not having a skill I wanted on it.) My inner perfectionist had me reload and see if I could find it again and redo the fusion, but I came up empty.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Speaking of Persona 3, oh my God, Fuuka's voice actress is terrible.

"Junpei COON defeated an enemy! :downs:"

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 12, 2014

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

It's worth noting that the ending you chose lacks the extra days available to some of the other endings, so it's worth doing at least one more playthrough.

Yuzu's ending is the one you get when you decide to try to abandon the city. It's the Bad Ending in the original game although Overclocked's 8th day offers you the chance to make it less bad.

Yeah, I started a NG+ already so I can try that ending next. I kinda want to see all of the endings. Except Kaido's, because I don't like that character.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

kurona_bright posted:

Yeah, I started a NG+ already so I can try that ending next. I kinda want to see all of the endings. Except Kaido's, because I don't like that character.

Kaido's ending is the same as Your Cousin's so you'll probably end up seeing it anyway.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Poison Mushroom posted:

It's a shame, she's probably the most improved in the Answer, and if you're playing FES or P3P, you'll hear the new voicework in some of the added scenes in the main storyline, and it's super jarring.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

StandardVC10 posted:

Is there a pattern to the personas that show up in the card shuffle at the end of a battle in Persona 3 beyond "these personas on this level?" I'm playing The Answer, so no compendium, and there's a persona I need for a fusion that I hosed up the first time (it ended up not having a skill I wanted on it.) My inner perfectionist had me reload and see if I could find it again and redo the fusion, but I came up empty.

Nope, the only thing is which section you're in. It might just be easier to fuse it again directly.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Fuuka is one of those characters that I'm really glad got a VA change for Arena. I mean, all the scanners start to wear on you after hearing their voices over and over again, but Fuuka's old actress didn't really lend her any favours.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Kaido's ending is the same as Your Cousin's so you'll probably end up seeing it anyway.

Oh, really? That's kinda weird. Well, Naoya is a lot more interesting than Kaido, anyways.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

kurona_bright posted:

Oh, really? That's kinda weird. Well, Naoya is a lot more interesting than Kaido, anyways.

Yeah, it's a bit obscured but the DS endings basically boil down to the regular Megaten "Chaos" "Neutral" "Law" endings, except there's two variations on Neutral and also a bad ending. Only the Law and Chaos endings and the Bad ending have an 8th day.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

At the very least her old VA had a tempo to her lines. Which is good or bad depending on who ya are.

I keep putting down my copy of Devil Survivor because no compendium + trying to do Naoya's route on my second playthrough. Also because smt 4 has my attention handheld game wise. Making a comprehensive fusion diary for cool fusion loops to break the game as fast as possible are hard work.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

DEvil Survivor had way too many endings because yeah some of them were literally identical!

IMO the only time Atlus does endings right is when there is like a good and bad ending. They always spread themselves thin trying to cater to Law Chaos Neutral True Neutral True Demon endings.

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Aug 12, 2014

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

preaching to the choir there bub.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

DEvil Survivor had way too many endings because yeah some of them were literally identical!

IMO the only time Atlus does endings right is when there is like a good and bad ending. They always spread themselves thin trying to cater to Law Chaos Neutral True Neutral True Demon endings.
By which you mean "True Demon is always the best option, end of discussion", I'm sure.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

By which you mean "True Demon is always the best option, end of discussion", I'm sure.

Though Devil Survivor doesn't exactly have a TDE equivalent in it's plethora of endings from what I remember.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Naoya's 8th day totally is the TDE equiv. Well one of the two outcomes is.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

Nomadic Scholar posted:

At the very least her old VA had a tempo to her lines. Which is good or bad depending on who ya are.

I keep putting down my copy of Devil Survivor because no compendium + trying to do Naoya's route on my second playthrough. Also because smt 4 has my attention handheld game wise. Making a comprehensive fusion diary for cool fusion loops to break the game as fast as possible are hard work.

Yeah, the fact that Overclocked has a compendium is wonderful. Even if all the prices are kinda insane.

It's kinda weird that the endings fall so neatly into the 3 standard categories. A couple people on Neogaf (including someone who played like every SMT game, including the proto ones on the NES) called DS's alignment system the best one outside of Nocture (which I've never played).

kurona_bright fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Aug 12, 2014

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

but I don't want to buy a second copy of this game that's souped up to have better quality of life things. and epilogue chapters. Mostly because I'm not done with vanilla yet. Also didn't know that.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
The font looks so much nicer, too, since the higher resolution really makes a difference. And like I said, the voice acting isn't bad. :v:

Even if you don't want to buy the new version, keep in mind it goes on sale every so often. I got my version off the eShop for $20.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Naoya's 8th day totally is the TDE equiv. Well one of the two outcomes is.

I actually never played Overclocked but that's good to know. Also, 2 outcomes? So there are technically even MORE endings? Jeez.

Did they at least distinguish some of the ones that were really really similar? And to think I held off on overclocked because DS2's enhanced version was coming "soon" :/

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

kurona_bright posted:

The font looks so much nicer, too, since the higher resolution really makes a difference.

It's a minority opinion, but I strongly disagree with this, though it might be just the XL scaling doing it no justice since I've never looked at it on a OG 3DS.

I actually never played Overclocked but that's good to know. Also, 2 outcomes? So there are technically even MORE endings? Jeez.

Once you finish one 8th day scenario, you get the option of playing through the same day again and with all your accumulated experience, so you can grab the other ending relatively quickly.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Aug 12, 2014

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

Did they at least distinguish some of the ones that were really really similar? And to think I held off on overclocked because DS2's enhanced version was coming "soon" :/

I'm not quite sure why you did this, because other than gameplay stuff, the two games give off a very different vibe. Overclocked seemed to have a air of desperation all around, and from what I've played of DS2, you find yourself relatively safe relatively quickly. (I've never played the original, so I can't answer your first question).

But I've never finished DS2, so what do I know. :v:

EDIT: I have an XL, so different strokes I guess.

kurona_bright fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Aug 12, 2014

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I didn't think the font was all that hot in the original Devil Survivor either (some of the letters always seemed squished in general), so maybe my feelings stem from that, since the font in Devil Survivor 2 seems so much cleaner than either version even when blown up on the XL.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Can you transfer your savefile from the regular Devil Survivor to the Overclocked? I'm thinking of buying a 3DS and this game would be one I'd be interested in, but playing through the base game all over again without the NG+ power does not appeal to me too much.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Nope.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I did it because I played and finished DS1 multiple times, and I've never played DS2 at all. Even if it's worse I would like to try it out, since I was a big fan of DS1.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

If Break Record ever hits stateside, I might give DS2 a shot. Otherwise it'd be faaaaaaaar down my list of "games to pick up"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DeSu2 was bad and I didn't like it!!!!!!!!