Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Bjergsen best performance of this split and a game winning pentakill.

Oh I forgot he also had that insane Ryze game vs TL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Savage Cracker posted:

Or Bjergsen murdering the entirety of C9 on Azir

Ehh close enough

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Contractz has looked like garbage after week one

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Firebert posted:

Contractz has looked like garbage after week one

Ya I haven't been impressed with him. He has the benefit of having some of the best laners in the league but still does nothing. Seriously he looks like Meteos v2 except maybe less worse. Meteos was only decent on Zac/Olaf.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Imagine if C9 had first picked Maokai instead of Varus that game. I don't think they have won a single game where they priotized him and Sneaky is much better on the Jihn.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
lol Varus was not the problem, they just played super passive and had terrible performances by mid and jungle

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Also I don't know what C9's comp is suppose to do. Let shen split push while the other 4 just hold turrets and disengage? They can't teamfight TSM and its hard to get a pick on them because of Nami/Orianna shields.

I think there definitely was a window for C9 to push their early botlane lead. If they just took Varus mid when TSM went top they could have forced them to back off. Sneaky/Smoothie sat in an empty lane for so long and then Contractz came when it was too late to get turret first blood. If they had gotten mid turret they would have gained huge map/vision advantage and set up their vision further.

Try to get picks with Varus+Thresh. Varus was really strong but they never grouped or manage to group. They should have just 5 man dive mid with shen ult on Contractz when Bjergsen started going to sidelane. He was their main source of wave clear.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Firebert posted:

lol Varus was not the problem, they just played super passive and had terrible performances by mid and jungle

Maokai was the problem. They gently caress up their pick ban every time they emphasise Varus.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
:laffo:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Lethality is real dumb.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Crazy Hog is 1 for 4 on arrows.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

TSM should ban lee or pick it away. Contractz only looks good on Lee or Ivern.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
echo fox got 2-0'd by envy wtf

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Firebert posted:

echo fox got 2-0'd by envy wtf

:stare: wait what

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah that was disappointing

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I think Echo fox are 4-0 in even weeks and 0-4 in uneven weeks such as this week.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Ulio posted:

I think Echo fox are 4-0 in even weeks and 0-4 in uneven weeks such as this week.

Well Froggen is on the team so...

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Tsm plan, blind pick zed, :getin:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ekko vs Zed lets go!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Even better: Counter-pick Zed. :black101:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Tsm plan, blind pick zed, :getin:

It was the last pick

E: never mind, your post was made way before that

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Savage Cracker posted:

Well Froggen is on the team so...

Its funny because their even week games have been vs top tier teams almost always meanwhile their uneven week losses has been to Liquid/NV low tier teams.

They have beaten TSM and Flyquest in even weeks.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

lmao Sven

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

henkman posted:

It was the last pick

E: never mind, your post was made way before that

I was hoping for a bjergsen zed pick, but not like this.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Rumble pick was useless in this series. Why pick a carry top when both toplaners are so op on tanks?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Transient People posted:

League of Legends is a simple game: 10 young men try to blow up nexuses for nine weeks, and at the end of the split, TSM wins.

(this was all C9 throwing tbh. TSM is still a trashcan and I'm not happy about the way my team won. >_>)

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Why didn't they just pick Fiora vs Shen? Fiora has a good winrate so far in NA LCS I think it has won almost every game. Anyway would have liked Impact on a tank and Zed became even more op thanks to C9 all being paper thin tanky.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Also :holymoley: Bjergsen's Zed. That was a legit brilliant pick alongside Shen. Perfect shen delivery system + assassination enabler. TSM didn't execute it that well but it's something I expect people to copy going forward.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I wonder if Zed will make it through bans tomorrow in the Flyquest/Tsm series maybe Bjergsen will play Zillean since he loves playing that champ.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Rox tigers v BBQ Oliver's starting up now, rox are employing renekton top, jayce mid and presumably hoping they never have to get into a teamfight

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
IG stalled out for an hour against IM while up 20k gold, managed to throw at elder dragon, saved their nexus at 10%, and marched back over to the enemy base and won the game

Meanwhile, mlxg is the best jungler in china, by virtue of not being actively detrimental to his team, and that's a really depressing thought

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Rox are absolutely kerb-stomping BBQ right now.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Transient People posted:

Also :holymoley: Bjergsen's Zed. That was a legit brilliant pick alongside Shen. Perfect shen delivery system + assassination enabler. TSM didn't execute it that well but it's something I expect people to copy going forward.

Bjergsen made his name playing sidelane Zed with a Shen on the team. Copenhagen Wolves did a lot of ridiculous 2v3s and 2v4s back in the day, while Deficio and co shoved towers

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
And Fnatic surrenders at 22 min against S04 lol

Also Mickey is gonna redeem the Tigers at IEM after their 2015 fiasco.

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Feb 19, 2017

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

:stare:

Shaco??

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Shaco's only a good pick if you're playing against uncoordinated solo queue

Which is perfect in the LCS

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

RealFoxy posted:

Shaco's only a good pick if you're playing against uncoordinated solo queue

Which is perfect in the LCS

lol

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I was about to make fun of Balls tp with no kill pressure until Hauntzer just stood there and got chunked out for free.

fake edit: :lol: but Bjergsen just stands around knowing there's 3 people already in mid and dies. Balls is so invisible that TSM literally forgot he was TP'd to raptors 8 seconds ago

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Guys I made a joke about LCS being solo queue but I'm not sure it was a joke anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I like that Shaco is getting brought back out...

and immediately put back in the dumpster

• Locked thread