Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lotish posted:

Imagine if every time you started a new game, you had to track down a different [OBJECTIVE] and you had to follow a different set of clues and bread crumbs through different setpieces. Like, this time your son survives, but next time it's your wife, only it's not your wife but the cyborg someone made from her corpse who is hell bent on becoming the new Master, and then next it's that door to door vault salesman who broke in and threw your family out of their cryo tubes so they died hundreds of years ago and now he's trying to rebuild the vault industry.

Is my wife hot tho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jastiger posted:

Is my wife hot tho?

Get this brah, you can make your own wife in this game.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

hot waifu action is built in to character creation.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Here's another hot scoop you can't marry your dog either something about collisions in the bedroom? Whatever we can party with people!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

RC Cola posted:

Saints row 4 had a good plot. Witcher 3 did not

Correct.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Honestly since they already recorded all the dialog they should just let you make your wife a dude.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

The power armor / robot debate sounded like it was straight out of Archer, and owned

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Honestly since they already recorded all the dialog they should just let you make your wife a dude.

Hmm making out with with two of my plastic mold faces at the same time is pretty nex gen.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

FauxGateau posted:

Get this brah, you can make your own wife in this game.

:vince:

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!
I asked this something like 30-40 pages back, but could anyone with proper computer knowledge and poo poo tell me if I'd be able to run the game on my PC?

Intel Core i7-4720HQ quad-core, 2.6ghz
NVIDA GeForce GTX950M, 4GB of dedicated VRAM
8GB DDR3

If I can keep it console quality and 60fps I'd be happy, but I'd rather know if I can play the thing before buying and then refunding it.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

So has cereal eating been confirmed by the leaks or not? Thought this was supposed to be a chex gen game.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

heres an idea: lets discuss all the games with good plots, instead of bad

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Can I kill myself to save my son, then, as my son, kill myself out of spite for my father?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

HnK416 posted:

I asked this something like 30-40 pages back, but could anyone with proper computer knowledge and poo poo tell me if I'd be able to run the game on my PC?

8GB DDR3

If I can keep it console quality and 60fps I'd be happy, but I'd rather know if I can play the thing before buying and then refunding it.

Nope. Best you'll manage is like 10 FPS and below console quality.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
More importantly, as the son, can you cuck your own dad?

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Goatfather posted:

Here's a mystery Sherlock! They don't exist.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

FauxGateau posted:

Here's a mystery Sherlock! They don't exist.

Ripper starring Christopher Walken.

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!

Borsche69 posted:

Nope. Best you'll manage is like 10 FPS and below console quality.

Well at least I know that ahead of time. Dang :(

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Trustworthy posted:

Can I kill myself to save my son, then, as my son, kill myself out of spite for my father?

In video games sons are supposed to serve as vessels for the Father's Broken Dreams so if my son turned out to be something other than a cabaret dancer I am suitably going to be disappointed in my Video Game Child.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

The Goatfather posted:

I liked the part in Gothic 2 where you got to choose an apprenticeship and learn a trade.

Most of the time I became a wee hunter but sometimes it was fun to be a wee blacksmith or wee alchemist. I think there was a fourth trade but it was probably dumb since I've forgotten it.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Geoff Zahn posted:

More importantly, as the son, can you cuck your own dad?

I got cucked by my son and all I got was this cuckin' rad tank top.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

how about crusader kings 2. the whole plot revolves around murdering your wives and children, cucking your sons and then watching those idiots raise the babies you squirted into their wives as their own

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FauxGateau posted:

In video games sons are supposed to serve as vessels for the Father's Broken Dreams so if my son turned out to be something other than a cabaret dancer I am suitably going to be disappointed in my Video Game Child.

You find your son wearing a blood-soaked, centuries old dress, smashing bodies to pieces with a sledgehammer. He learned it from you, he says. You smile approvingly and adjust your own sundress.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Goatfather posted:

how about crusader kings 2. the whole plot revolves around murdering your wives and children, cucking your sons and then watching those idiots raise the babies you squirted into their wives as their own

Sounds like the kind of parties that Todd "King" Howard would be a fan of.

Fake edit; actually gently caress it I'm a fan too.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

HnK416 posted:

8GB DDR3

CPU is fine, Ram is fine. GPU is slower than what's in consoles.

Console quality but sub-60 FPS.

Definitely playable.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

HnK416 posted:

8GB DDR3

You're well above minimum requirements, so it will run, but you'll have to live without a lot of the bling bling.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My system is weaker than that and I'm still gonna run Ultra because I'm a goddam rebel.

gently caress your system specs, Ultra 4 lyfe.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
I've only seen Nvidia card specs and as someone who hasn't kept up with which cards are the same as what, how will an AMD R9 280 hold up?

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
when this poo poo comes out, anyone who doesnt immediately headshot their son the instant they see him is a pussy

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

gasman posted:

You're well above minimum requirements, so it will run, but you'll have to live without a lot of the bling bling.

Minimum requirements are a lie. I present as evidence Assassin Creed Unity, whose requirements are :

Processor Minimum Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.0 GHz

RAM Minimum 6 GB

Video Card Minimum NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2 GB VRAM)

it runs pretty well at High settings, 1080p, on my AMD FX 6300 @ 3.5 GHz, 8Gb RAM and Radeon 7870XT (which is basically a slightly slower HD7950)

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Geoff Zahn posted:

I've only seen Nvidia card specs and as someone who hasn't kept up with which cards are the same as what, how will an AMD R9 280 hold up?

find your card on this list and compare it to the recommendations http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I have an

I7 920 Quad @ 2.66
6 GB RAM
nVidia 750 2GB

Ultra!!!!11

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I haven't upgraded anything in at least 3 years and I will easily play fallout 4 on ultra at 2560x1440 :coolfish:

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!

gasman posted:

Alright. Honestly, I just want to be able to play it at at least PS4 quality and above 30fps. My TV is lovely as gently caress so even if the game looked stellar on console it'd look rear end on my like 7 year old screen.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

TorakFade posted:

Minimum requirements are a lie. I present as evidence Assassin Creed Unity, whose requirements are :

Processor Minimum Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.0 GHz

RAM Minimum 6 GB

Video Card Minimum NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2 GB VRAM)

it runs pretty well at High settings, 1080p, on my AMD FX 6300 @ 3.5 GHz, 8Gb RAM and Radeon 7870XT (which is basically a slightly slower HD7950)

Those are insane min requirements...and people complained about Fallout 4's.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

The Goatfather posted:

find your card on this list and compare it to the recommendations http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

Thanks!

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Hopefully the nvidia game specific drivers are out day 1.

Fitting that I initially built my pc (i5-2500, 560ti, 8gb) for Skyrim and I'm finally updating for fallout 4 (gtx970, 16gb ram) should be good. Sorry to nerds with consoles or bad pcs.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

gasman posted:

Those are insane min requirements...and people complained about Fallout 4's.

they just rereleased Arkham Knight with a new 12gb minimum ram requirement that's actually required to avoid horrible unplayable stuttering :haw:

then they promptly recalled it again. game of the year

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
You guys asking about PC specs know this site is a thing right? http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!
CYRI told me that I don't have the specs to run 4 separate games which I can have running 60FPS with high/max settings, so I don't trust it as much.

• Locked thread