Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

GreenNight posted:

Fallout 4 GOTY Edition worth $20?

Yes as someone who didn’t like it first time, it’s actually very well made. Looks amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Escobarbarian posted:

If TLJ had to be the last hurrah at least it was a drat good one

(Mando is alright though)

TLJ was the one thing that made me realize that I was ready for something new with Star Wars other than whatever it is that a lot of fans wanted with all of those dumb theories before it was released.

I've been getting the urge to rewatch it again.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Fallout 4 is the video game equivalent of dry white toast

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Which means that all it really needs is a slice of ham, some pineapple, and a slice of cheese, and then you have something amazing.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Simone Magus posted:

No that's assassins creed

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No one eats dry white toast but lots of people buy AssCreed so I guess it's more like vanilla ice cream

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

Yeah... good :)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Vanilla is unironically one of my favourite ice cream flavours

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I got 4!!! (four) games for Christmas this year, up from the usual 3: Ghost of Tsushima, Star Wars: Squadrons, Trials of Mana, and wild card Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

Obvs I'm gonna play ghost first, but with Tomb Raider (paging exquisite tea to the thread) is it worth playing the earlier titles in the series or am I good to go just jumping into Shadow??????

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
If you're going to play Shadow and don't necessarily want to play the others, then I recommend starting with it. A lot of the criticisms of the game center around how it's not doing anything new or improving on the formula the early games established in any way, so you'd get the best initial experience if you go into it fresh. If you ever feel like checking out the rest, they are on sale fairly often for even cheaper than Shadow.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

All the recent Tomb Raider games are essentially the same so you're missing no deep lore here.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah Shadow is just more of the same and has virtually no story links to the previous two. It's also a lot better than Rise at least.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Cool, thanks guys, I'll just jump in to Shadow then

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Simone Magus posted:

Cloudpunk is super awesome and better than Cyberpunk but uh man I hate console games that don't have a manual save function

Yeah I was worried about this too and the devs posted online about it, the game will autosave every time you park the car or leave your apartment

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

All the recent Tomb Raider games are essentially the same so you're missing no deep lore here.

When will we finally learn how she became tomb raider :argh:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

She raided a tomb.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lara's really more of a Tomb Creator.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

When will we finally learn how she became tomb raider :argh:

Never because the producer or director or whoever thinks Lara dual-wielding guns is beneath him.

Also the series is probably dead again.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I miss Donovan Trip, another cool rear end game goon just up and disappeared. :(

they showed up a few times in the cyberclunk thread

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fallout 4s main story is rear end but I still think it’s a really fun open world to explore with a lot of cool poo poo to do. Every Bethesda game has a crap main story though so I will never get why it’s such a punching bag.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

Fallout 4s main story is rear end but I still think it’s a really fun open world to explore with a lot of cool poo poo to do. Every Bethesda game has a crap main story though so I will never get why it’s such a punching bag.
There are some other things that make it a relatively weak game, such as the heavy reliance on radiant quests and the scarcity of good-looking established in-game towns due to the game expecting you to spend a lot of time building your own. A lot of it is probably just people expecting more than they got, probably because New Vegas (which wasn't made Bethesda) was so much better than Fallout 3.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

New Vegas was a much better RPG, as in the choice it gives the player,but it’s not like the map or gameplay were much of a leap forward and it was notably jankier than FO3. If nothing else I thought 4 had the coolest map of the bunch, which is tbh a lot of why I even play those games.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

New Vegas was a much better RPG, as in the choice it gives the player,but it’s not like the map or gameplay were much of a leap forward and it was notably jankier than FO3. If nothing else I thought 4 had the coolest map of the bunch, which is tbh a lot of why I even play those games.
That's fair enough, I'm not judging, just explaining why I can see the disppointment with it. For all of Nev Vegas' technical flaws and jank, Fallout 4 does feel like the Oblivion to New Vegas' Morrowind by comparison sometimes.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

76 has a pretty good map, but it's wasted on an online game. (it's not irredeemably awful, but i'd much prefer it in SP)

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Does that game have actual NPCs yet, or do they still expect all of it to be literally "make your own fun?"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

they added npcs, but it's one of those games that makes me nauseous (bad framerate and "ghosty" visuals), so i wasn't about to dedicate another n-ty hours to find out whether it was now worth the headaches

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I got Doom Eternal for Christmas but it has a 26GB patch so I'm gonna go to bed and play it tomorrow I guess

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Sakurazuka posted:

I got Doom Eternal for Christmas but it has a 26GB patch so I'm gonna go to bed and play it tomorrow I guess

Just play it without the patch, it's perfectly fine.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I played without patch and there were a few tiny bugs but nothing game stopping. Great game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

But I'm tired...

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Sakurazuka posted:

But I'm tired...

Its only gone half 10 man! Turkey doesn't make you that sleepy.

My Christmas gaming is only about to begin, gonna start up Disco Elysium, going in almost totally blind but heard nothing but good things

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

My Christmas gaming is only about to begin, gonna start up Disco Elysium, going in almost totally blind but heard nothing but good things

Hell yes, I’m about to play like ten hours of Cyberpunk

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I'm hoping everyone leaves my house soon so I can install ghost of tsushima and have it ready to go for the morning

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

Does that game have actual NPCs yet, or do they still expect all of it to be literally "make your own fun?"

I think they literally did a banner that said "now with NPCs" lol

Edit:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Now with all the things people liked about Fallout

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

That's just kind of sad. The team who developed Fallout 76 has to be feeling just awful about the whole thing. I can't imagine that this is a game they ever wanted to make.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Merry Christmas thread friends. I got the big (old now) PSVR bundle for my kids and we just had a great time playing Playroom VR together. PS4 was a great console! RIP.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's not dead til I say its dead

Which won't happen til I find a PS5 loving anywhere

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

It's not dead til I say its dead

Which won't happen til I find a PS5 loving anywhere

:hai:

"The PS4 is the current-gen console because that's the one everyone is playing since no one can buy a PS5." -- Austin Walker, Waypoint Radio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Well, it's called next-gen for a reason.