Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Should I buy a ps4 controller then? It looks real comfy and if there's any console that I might buy in the future it's probably the ps4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
holy poo poo the red phantom arena is miserable, i just want some red eye orbs. The huge majority of my duels have been laggy messes, i literally just died to a guy whose weapon didnt even swing and i took the damage.

Oddly enough, all my invasions have been lag free, just the duels that have been terrible!

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

KinkyJohn posted:

Should I buy a ps4 controller then? It looks real comfy and if there's any console that I might buy in the future it's probably the ps4.
I'd say yes because I find to be really comfortable to use, but apparently (from what I read in another thread) the DS4's sold individually don't have their cable packed in? I don't know if it's true or not, but I think it was brought up in the PC Gaming Megathread or the DaS1 PC thread.
The PCSX2 forums have an Xinput program for the DS4 as well just so you know.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

KinkyJohn posted:

I followed This and after a bit of tweaking a few other things (like setting my item switching to 1, switch weapons to z and x and auto-target to tab) I've been doing much better than default mouse+kb binds. Having parry set to a mouse side button is especially great.

Tiger Millionaire posted:

holy poo poo the red phantom arena is miserable, i just want some red eye orbs. The huge majority of my duels have been laggy messes, i literally just died to a guy whose weapon didnt even swing and i took the damage.

Oddly enough, all my invasions have been lag free, just the duels that have been terrible!

I've resigned myself to just farming up poo poo I need like the monastery scimitar/ twinkling titanite/dragon bones then using the souls to buy cracked red eye orbs. The dueling arenas really are a mess not just with the lag but also with the min/maxing hexers.

Azzents fucked around with this message at 15:39 on May 24, 2014

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I actually had no problems at all when I did the blue sentinel arena. Though, the fights were wildly unbalanced in either my or the other guy's favor. If the other guy had both of his weapons invisible that means he was in ng+ right? Or do you get the rings just by beating Nashandra?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

http://www.twitch.tv/noobest/c/4316048 :darksouls:

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

I actually had no problems at all when I did the blue sentinel arena. Though, the fights were wildly unbalanced in either my or the other guy's favor. If the other guy had both of his weapons invisible that means he was in ng+ right? Or do you get the rings just by beating Nashandra?
IIRC the rings are given to you after the credits, so yeah, he should be able to get them in NG. And if you are in NG you can't interact with anyone NG+ and above IIRC. I'm not entirely sure if that applies to the sparring rooms, but it should.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

This is why I don't invade Harvest Valley. Some people are able to turn it into an extreme hide and seek.

I'm not the brightest man so hide and seek is hard. :saddowns:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't understand why the Belltowers are supposed to be fun. I always get matched with people who can one-shot me with Sunlight Spear or some such poo poo, despite being incredibly low SM on this character. I really wish From would fix the hacking your Soul Memory lower thing.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

KinkyJohn posted:

I would recommend it. The third party fix can be tricky to run at first but works fine after. If you have a 360 lying around you can use that but you need a dongle for wireless. Not sure if USB works

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

powerful weedlock posted:

I don't understand why the Belltowers are supposed to be fun. I always get matched with people who can one-shot me with Sunlight Spear or some such poo poo, despite being incredibly low SM on this character. I really wish From would fix the hacking your Soul Memory lower thing.

I'm not even being smug when I say that lightning spears are the easiest thing to dodge in the game. Try rolling.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

I would recommend it. The third party fix can be tricky to run at first but works fine after. If you have a 360 lying around you can use that but you need a dongle for wireless. Not sure if USB works
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that you need to check the option "Hide DS4" if you're using the Xinput fix.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Azzents posted:

I'm not even being smug when I say that lightning spears are the easiest thing to dodge in the game. Try rolling.

Well, specifically try rolling forward. Otherwise you might get a sick lighting spear trick shot at a 90 degree angle. Same thing with Soul Spear or homing soul mass/affinity, or anything that has or can have good tracking. Just roll into it instead of to the side.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I would seriously buy a Dark Souls game where you just have to roll around and break poo poo. Why is it so satisfying? Imagine bonus stages where you spawn in giant rooms filled with vases and nothing more!

Zero Initiative
Nov 6, 2013

VisAbsoluta posted:

I would seriously buy a Dark Souls game where you just have to roll around and break poo poo. Why is it so satisfying? Imagine bonus stages where you spawn in giant rooms filled with vases and nothing more!

Some filled with goodies, some filled with poison. Now this is :darksouls:

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Laggy? This game? What are you talking about

http://gfycat.com/KindImprobableGuernseycow

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

Zero Initiative posted:

Some filled with goodies, some filled with poison. Now this is :darksouls:

The goodies are hats, soaked in poison.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is it just me or do the Pursuers get larger every time you see another one?

e: Haha I'm bluecopping in the belfries now, nice. Too bad I lagged out though.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 24, 2014

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
washing pole having the hitbox the size of a is okay. using an avelyn to prevent a guy from drinking or just escaping is okay, It's dark souls, it's not meant to be fair no matter how people want it to be.

Backstep parrying with the monastery scimitar is NOT okay. That poo poo is a bug, and I hope they fix it. Every encounter is that Anakin and Kenobi moment where they're twirling and doing flourishes at the same time.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Is there anything special I have to do to the bat staff to make it poison people instantly?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wow, instead of fighting the sinner I was summoned to kill, I killed Lucatiel instead. Hope you didn't want her set!

e: Oh good a host managed to reset the level so I couldn't tell where he is. That's new. He also prevented the soul mass from firing.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Which bonfire do I need to ascetic for the Skeleton lords and can I just run straight to them? I can't imagine I'll get a summon for them but I want the ring

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Jose posted:

Which bonfire do I need to ascetic for the Skeleton lords and can I just run straight to them? I can't imagine I'll get a summon for them but I want the ring

The locked hut with Creighton, Undead Lockaway or whatever. You can sort of run to them, but Merciless Roenna will respawn and she has backup this time.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So of course I had to make a pair of +10 caestus for my Looking Glass Knight. No-one expects the boxing mirror!

EDIT: And some respond by breaking out their own caestus!

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 17:18 on May 24, 2014

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

After a couple hours on the beat I'm pretty convinced that magic is exceptionally worthless in ng+ pvp. Everyone is aware of how to dodge it by then. I am also convinced that bluecops are worthless with orbs because From sets aside the extra poo poo connections just for them.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 24, 2014

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think you can get barrels to explode by hitting them near walls with an iron weapon that causes a spark. The reason the knights in Lost Bastille get the barrels to explode is that the swords contact the ground when they do the downward swing. If you play with the effects off (like me) you will never actually see the spark though.

I'm surprised at the shrine of armana hate. I used a dragonrider bow +3 to get through and I had no problem. Most of them can be killed without them getting line of sight of you and firing a single shot. The 1st priestess is gotten from the stairs right near the bonfire. Use the pillar as cover and aim for her right shoulder. Same with the second one except you just move up a little on the path. The third can be killed from where the wall is. It should have several openings, go to the right one. It has a double layer of walls and snipe her. Immediately turn around and go around the wall on the left, and kill the priestess facing the other away from you. The fifth can be killed by looking at her when she's like 10% covered by the house, with a pillar on her left. Move up pretty close to the house and use the same pillar to get about 10% cover of the 6th one on an island. Get the melee dude to come to the shallow water around where the 5th priestess was standing to kill him. There's also on of the those gator things at the very end of the path, watch out for him. He got me once.

The 7th and 8th priestess can actually get line of sight of you and attack which makes them the worst. Kill the 7th, she's on an island, from the shallow water path where the 5th priestess was. Use the pillars for cover. Use last left pillar for cover to kill the last one. You have to be in deep water for this, so this one is actually kind of a pain.

I got invaded the most on NG+ at the 5 to 6m SM. I also pretty much got instantly summoned whenever I put my sign down. I'm at about 7m SM now and things are a little slower around the four great soul bosses. Drangleic castle has been quick.

I have around 300 cast speed, but I find scraps of life takes too long to cast. I prefer darkstorm.

I think I have 97 agility and I can roll through everything just fine. I did use the mid roll in DS1. Still, I don't like the concept of agility overall and I think it gimps you at the start way too much.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

How does the dragon knight

I've played with this dude like 5 times, he's all over the place

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I've been getting some strange graphics bugs which I'll screenshot for reference, not anything like giant purple blocks floating in the air. Just things like on the opening screen all the online information details are overlapping eachother and the face pictures for people I try to summon are replaced with big ol' text and numbers.

I haven't modded my game by the way, but this only started happening for me once I met a hacker online.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Why do you keep going for the backstab after my lightning slam dragonslave? You KNOW the second slam is gonna come down on your head of you try that, I've done it too you twice now!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

I've been getting some strange graphics bugs which I'll screenshot for reference, not anything like giant purple blocks floating in the air. Just things like on the opening screen all the online information details are overlapping eachother and the face pictures for people I try to summon are replaced with big ol' text and numbers.

I haven't modded my game by the way, but this only started happening for me once I met a hacker online.

Try verifying your cache.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Will do, for reference this is my online information screen in two pictures, they are flickering between each other so fast I can't catch them with a single screenshot:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

So where do the bonewheel skeletons spawn on Skeleton Lords? The rest of the fight is easy but I keep dying to them. Last time I did this I had 2 summons

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Jose posted:

So where do the bonewheel skeletons spawn on Skeleton Lords? The rest of the fight is easy but I keep dying to them. Last time I did this I had 2 summons

Know the Skeleton Lord with the Big Staff, when you kill him the Bonewheels will spawn round his corpse so have a good idea of where you killed him.

RBA Starblade posted:

Also just did this, didn't work. Is there a support thing I can contact? It's not a major issue I just want it fixed.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 17:44 on May 24, 2014

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Know the Skeleton Lord with the Big Staff, when you kill him the Bonewheels will spawn round his corpse so have a good idea of where you killed him.

Oh that should make it a lot easier, thanks

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Also just did this, didn't work. Is there a support thing I can contact? It's not a major issue I just want it fixed.

I don't think so, your best bet may be to back up your saves and reinstall. The info screen has been flickering for me to so that's not part of the issue.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

i was getting the exact same problem, it fixed itself somehow and then it started up again. seems to come and go at will.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I don't think so, your best bet may be to back up your saves and reinstall. The info screen has been flickering for me to so that's not part of the issue.

Will do then, thanks.

Deaderinred posted:

i was getting the exact same problem, it fixed itself somehow and then it started up again. seems to come and go at will.

Well that's a relieve, kind of. I'll stop cluttering up the thread now but here's the last thing I've noticed with the summons:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Beat them first time once I realised where the bonewheels spawned. The clear bluestone ring +2 has made my cast speed go from 224 to 323 :wtc:

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Will do, for reference this is my online information screen in two pictures, they are flickering between each other so fast I can't catch them with a single screenshot:

Oh, that? Yeah that's just a thing that happens. Plagues consoles too. Not much you can do about it really, just hope it fixes itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

So with the Clear Bluestone ring/Southern Ritual band and the stuff from Freja's soul, is there any important spell caster stuff I need to ascetic to get? I'm not planning on doing NG+ and just starting a STR character instead next which is why I want to get it now