Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Municipalities blow so much money on hockey rinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The hockey's dyin', Cloud!

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
of course the winner for 'most homoerotic' sport is high school wrestling, but it only beats rugby because you literally have to dry hump another man into submission to win

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Whiskey Sours posted:

Jaden, Brayden and Kaden, each spelled at least two different ways. There are no words.

White people v:shobon:v

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Seems kind of harsh to include Jerzy, which is just the Polish version of George, with a bunch of dumb white person names.

I know someone who got pregnant at like 19 and named her child Kyuss.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
man i remember as a kid me and my siblings would leave the house at 8am, probably pop in for a quick lunch, then wouldn't be home till dinner, we'd just be out with all the other neighbourhood kids doing like cops and robbers or whatever.

i can't imagine that now i bet if i allowed my kids to do that someone would phone the cops on me

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
So apparently Jason Kenney is gonna run for the Alberta PC leadership.

I feel like there's a good chance that if he can unite the PCs and Wildrose, the former will just bleed off support to the Alberta Party (or possibly the Liberals) and we'll kind of end up back where we started.

E: to wit, Sandra Jansen says she will leave PCs if Kenney wins.

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 5, 2016

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
The wife wants to name the future crotch spawn Kayden. There will probably be 5 of them in each grade at this rate.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I will never understand white suburbias obsession with giving their children special unique names

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Excelsiortothemax posted:

The wife wants to name the future crotch spawn Kayden. There will probably be 5 of them in each grade at this rate.

Impose a traditional only name rule.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Divorce?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
That's not how you spell Riker

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

loving lol @ 'Edge'

if you're gonna name your kid after a wrestler at least make it John Cena

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
There sure are a lot of breeders in this thread.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

vyelkin posted:

Seems kind of harsh to include Jerzy, which is just the Polish version of George, with a bunch of dumb white person names.

Jerzy is great name for a hockey player. Kid was fuckin born to do this.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Helsing posted:

CI has children, dwell on that non-breeder

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

jfood posted:

This is why rugby is the one true sport. Some cleats, some tape and a willingness to kick people when they're down.

It's actually a very Canadian game, isn't it? Be absolute bastards to each other for 80 minutes then have a few beers and laugh about it afterwards.

(Barrie RFC needs to TRIM THEIR loving NAILS GODDAMMIT)

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Do it ironically posted:

I will never understand white suburbias obsession with giving their children special unique names

Yeah they should all be named Kevin or Justin or Jason like when I was comin up. Good Christian names.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

THC posted:

Yeah they should all be named Kevin or Justin or Jason like when I was comin up. Good Christian names.

You mean Kyven, D'Jystin, Geysyn

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Baronjutter posted:

You mean Kyven, D'Jystin, Geysyn

i would love to listen to the conversations, hey honey let's give them this name, but let's put a bunch of different letter instead! cause if we do that, then anyone searching them on the internet will find them easily for better or worse

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

namaste faggots posted:

sure if you like sticking your head into another man's crotch

Crotches own, regardless of gender.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I have a scenario pictured in my head of a bloated pig of a new mother with baby Carson in one arm and a bucket of KFC in the other. The doctor asks for the newborn's name and she slops out "Corson" through a mouthful of partially chewed chicken skins.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Everyones names are stupid anyways. Lets just switch to a number system where a number is assigned at birth by a government agency.

Trudeau promises no back to work legislation for Canada Post. How long before TFWs are delivering the mail as scabs?

http://www.citynews.ca/2016/07/05/canada-post-trudeau-not-considering-back-work-legislation/

quote:

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says his government is not considering back-to-work legislation if there is a work stoppage at Canada Post.

Trudeau says his government believes in good-faith negotiations that happen around the bargaining table.

The prime minister says there is no need to be “heavy-handed.”

His comments in Montreal Tuesday came after Canada Post said it has issued a 72-hour lockout notice to the Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW), raising the possibility of labour disruption by Friday.

Canada Post said its latest offer presented on June 25 was fair and reasonable and that it still hoped to negotiate a deal with the union.

But in a statement early Tuesday, Canada Post said it plans to suspend the collective agreement as of Friday. It blamed prolonged negotiations, the union’s strike mandate and the financial cost of a rapid decline in mail volume.

Canada Post said the 72-hour notice does not necessarily mean it will shut down on Friday.

Rather, it said, the measure would allow it “take measures that are necessary to respond to the changing business reality.”

In its response, CUPW said the corporation is using the lockout notice to drive 50,000 workers “out onto the streets without pay in an effort to impose steep concessions on them.”

“They refused to negotiate fairly with us and now they’re locking the doors and will try to starve us into submission,” said CUPW president Mike Palecek.

The two sides have both said the key sticking point in negotiations involves changes to employee pension plans.

The Crown corporation said Monday that CUPW’s demands are “not affordable” and would add $1 billion in costs over the life of a new contract. The union accused Canada Post of preparing to lock workers out, and creating uncertainty by warning the public to avoid the post office.

Canada Post has said that in the event of a full work disruption, it will not operate – mail and parcels will not be delivered, and no new items will be accepted.

The Canada Revenue Agency has deemed Old Age Security, Canada Pension Plan, Working Income Tax Benefit and the Canada Child Benefit cheques “essential” – even during a labour disruption.

Spokesman Jon Hamilton said Canada Post has a memorandum of agreement with the union “where the federal socio-economic cheques will be delivered.”

“In the event of a work disruption we would arrange … delivery one day of the month,” he said Monday.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is there even a country that has raised business taxes in the last 35 years? (That were actually payable and not trivially escapable by pretending to be Irish.)

Neo-liberalism has been the order of the day so long it actually sounds like nonsense.

ocrumsprug fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 5, 2016

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Do it ironically posted:

Just gonna skip the middle man and call my kid CraftBeer.

quote:

Parents want to give their kids a different name ... because they want their kid to have a unique brand. Millennials are disruptive; they prefer small brands. And they don’t want their kid associated with any monolithic name that might dominate the cut-throat baby name market.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Dont even laugh, I know someone naming their kid nicole brook :raise:

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
lmao at kayden

tell your wife someone on the internet wants to give her a slap

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

THC posted:

This, but unironically

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

MA-Horus posted:

(Barrie RFC needs to TRIM THEIR loving NAILS GODDAMMIT)

I played 3 years in Barrie, our nails are immaculate!!

No worse than catching the edge of a case in Gunner ball.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

DariusLikewise posted:

Everyones names are stupid anyways. Lets just switch to a number system where a number is assigned at birth by a government agency.

Trudeau promises no back to work legislation for Canada Post. How long before TFWs are delivering the mail as scabs?

http://www.citynews.ca/2016/07/05/canada-post-trudeau-not-considering-back-work-legislation/

Is this "taking the workers' side"? Am I allowed to feel good about this?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Tories: together at last. Because it's the current year.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
So what did everyone get up to while I was on probation? I see there's tons of new posts!

:yikes:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

namaste faggots posted:

who the gently caress names their kid after one of the most worthless 'power' 'forwards' ever to play for the habs

Shane Corson's gonna come back from the dead just to kick your rear end.

Fake edit: whoops he's not dead

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe they want to reuse the signs next year. Or maybe they weren't sure about going this year when they had the signs printed up. Surely nobody thought "Because It's The Current Year" was somehow good.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Helsing posted:

Nothing cringey-er than the term 'breeders'

Nothing.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

THC posted:

Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Tories: together at last. Because it's the current year.

I wonder if it's consciously reflective of Trudeau being asked why half his cabinet or women and answering, because it's 2015 or whatever.

All it says to me is, "because we're using these signs next year too!"

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

jm20 posted:

CI has children, dwell on that non-breeder

What I would give to be a fly on the wall 15 years from now when CI reacts to the discovery that his child has rebelled against their stultifying petite-bourgeois upbringing by turning into a massive stoner pot head.

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Nothing cringey-er than the term 'breeders'

Nothing.

"Young Conservative"

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

'Young conservative' at least has some modicum of self-awareness.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
young liberal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Young Liberals tend to be repulsive careerists but they also seem to drink and get laid as much as anyone on a campus so I find them a bit less weird than the self declared Young Conservatives, who usually look like they would shrivel up and die if somebody unraveled the Windsor Knot on their tie.