Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

if you actually think that about Rookie you either legitimately don't ever watch the LPL or you're making a really dumb bad faith argument

Ya rookie is still a beast, I also don't think Imp is that bad either. The money is probably good but you can get good money even in KR/NA now. I think they just legitimately like China.

Also do you guys think ROX or KDM gonna win IEM? They both finally got some wins this week. I remember KT Bullets winning IEM in season4 when they were one of the worst teams in OGN.

Mickey is really good laner so it will be interesting to see him vs the other mids in this tournament. Some very good mids in this tournament like Perkz/Febiven/Exileh/Maple/Mickey/Kira. Edge is decent for KDM but not sure about the HongKong midlaner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
uol will win

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Ulio posted:

Ya rookie is still a beast, I also don't think Imp is that bad either. The money is probably good but you can get good money even in KR/NA now. I think they just legitimately like China.

Also do you guys think ROX or KDM gonna win IEM? They both finally got some wins this week. I remember KT Bullets winning IEM in season4 when they were one of the worst teams in OGN.

Mickey is really good laner so it will be interesting to see him vs the other mids in this tournament. Some very good mids in this tournament like Perkz/Febiven/Exileh/Maple/Mickey/Kira. Edge is decent for KDM but not sure about the HongKong midlaner.

Gear is decent, it's kinda hard to judge him against international competition though. He's certainly no Maple.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Lovechop posted:

uol will win

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Rox will win. Avenge the fallen after IEM 2015.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
this college game is the most spectacular clusterfuck ever and i love it

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I wasn't aware that solo queue games getting shout casted would be so muc hfun

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Schnorkles posted:

I wasn't aware that solo queue games getting shout casted would be so muc hfun

it was pretty fun.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Schnorkles posted:

this college game is the most spectacular clusterfuck ever and i love it

There appears to be some mismatch between the listed full schedule and the supposedly live broadcast since the BTN league schedule says that Northwestern vs Illinois was last week.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i like this thing someone on reddit made

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

kirtar posted:

There appears to be some mismatch between the listed full schedule and the supposedly live broadcast since the BTN league schedule says that Northwestern vs Illinois was last week.

This is the norm for pretty much every nonstudio LoL match because DDoS Ghosting all that jazz.

Casting a vod is actually good regardless and produces perfectly fine content anyway.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
yo iem is on

https://www.twitch.tv/esl_lol

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
is monte also banned from IEM?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
He's not banned from anything. Riot unofficially refuses to hire him and so he decided to move on to casting a game that isn't owned by a company with a grudge against him instead of trying to get hired by third parties that Riot is trying to freeze out.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Lovechop posted:

i like this thing someone on reddit made

Apparently Liquid are doing trying outs for all their spots and there might be a possibility of Link to ad Piglet to mid. The Owner Liquid said that Goldenglue is probably most definitely out because he is underperforming so much and he got playtime over Link because he was way better statistically in scrims.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ya Monte jumped over to Overwatch and has been treated pretty well by Blizzard, so I highly doubt he would even consider casting league ever again for any events.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Ya Monte jumped over to Overwatch and has been treated pretty well by Blizzard, so I highly doubt he would even consider casting league ever again for any events.

oh, I didn't know that he switched to overwatch

seems like a lot of people are doing that nowadays...

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Link to ad piglet to mid? I guess mid does get to play more real adc and less poke than the actual ad role so...

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Is Marin threatening the owner of Liquid?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

YancyQ posted:

oh, I didn't know that he switched to overwatch

seems like a lot of people are doing that nowadays...

A lot more people watch league, but Blizzard seems pretty committed to fostering their competitive community by pulling crazy moves like not treating their players and hosts like dog-poo poo.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

HKE could have definitely beat H2K imo they had better teamfighting but Orianna missed a huge ult in the red buff fight. She had dcap/morello/void powerspike and needed to land that ult. Also other than the last fight she only hit the tanks with her ults in teamfight. Not impressed with Gear because he could have carried with all the farm he had.

One thing I don't understand is that HKE decided to ban a bunch of supports and pick Malz. But they left up Kench up. Do they not know that Kench is suppose to counter Malz? Like even a bronze level player knows this.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
who is ceirnan lowe and why does he know nothing

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Sexpansion posted:

who is ceirnan lowe and why does he know nothing

Didn't they say he was British? The UK hasn't been relevant to LoL since like five years ago when snoopeh mattered.

Unless you count their immigration laws loving up EULCS that one time it was in London.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Didn't they say he was British? The UK hasn't been relevant to LoL since like five years ago when snoopeh mattered.

Unless you count their immigration laws loving up EULCS that one time it was in London.

hey, we've got like... kasing and alphari. and fredy 112 (lol)

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Maxlore is also British and of course former relevant streamer Gross Gore.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
A lcs player knicked me girlfriend

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I don't like Xerxe not playing Graves/Lee/Kha will kinda limit UoL in the long run.

KDM looking good so far their macro is definitely better than a 10th place LCS team.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
the incredible korean power of somehow managing to make even uol games loving boring as hell

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I go away for a few minutes and UoL somehow got a baron without anyone dying on either team ?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

IS there a youtube stream? I tried searching for MSI but got no hits.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Shadow225 posted:

IS there a youtube stream? I tried searching for MSI but got no hits.

That's probably because it's not MSI, but I don't see a stream on the ESL channel where they're posting VODs.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I think it's time to dismiss this myth of low kill count = two highly skilled teams playing very well. This is at least the second game in the last couple of weeks where the losing team doesn't give up kills but just slowly dies without ever fighting back. It's not an effective strategy to get a game where never give up a kill because you /ff in all but name as soon as you're behind.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
this says everything you need to know about that last game -

https://twitter.com/MonteCristo/status/834446995393703940

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Atlus is the new LCK caster. Is he decent?

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Kashuno posted:

Atlus is the new LCK caster. Is he decent?

I'm no casting expert but he was my favorite in his LPL/IWC casts.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
For some reason I'm not surprised that there are more people watching Faker than the English IEM stream

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Bwahahaha the international debuff is real

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I was excited to see Flash Wolves play

It's been ruined by Pulse

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Well there aren't any NA or good kr teams so most people from that region not watching. There is a reason why Garen stream has many viewers because they have the best TW team there.

Trick made a huge mistake which basically almost aced entire g2. No reason to flash q onto Varus when they got his flash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

I was excited to see Flash Wolves play

It's been ruined by Pulse

Its not Pulse. Pulse lives in Australia now and casts LPL's english broadcast. The current commentators are Vedius who works for Riot as color and Munchy or something who is the play by play guy.

• Locked thread