Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah primaries that do elemental damage suck, he lisped

Zhalo
A) has Elemental damage
B) damage chains to nearby enemies
C) multikills partially reload the mag

Hmm, something tells me that gun isn't a winner. Now, no one contests your gargantuan king sperg status, and my how excited you get, but the raid exotics are stupid and bad. Trust me, I'm something of an expert in those fields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

cvnvcnv posted:

Zhalo
A) has Elemental damage

Hmm, something tells me that gun isn't a winner. Now, no one contests your gargantuan king sperg status, and my how excited you get, but the raid exotics are stupid and bad. Trust me, I'm something of an expert in those fields.

tbh I would use zhalo more for B and C if it's muzzle flash wasn't so bad.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

cvnvcnv posted:

Zhalo
A) has Elemental damage

who actually uses zhalo when it's not arc burn, tho

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

Maybe they don't have a Bad Juju

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Guys I have a her caster arc with glass half full and spray/play, should I infuse it with the continental to raise the light level or just switch to the continental? Cont has persistence and crowd control.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Just learned of Destiny 2 via a Twitter ad with the trailer. It looked so bad I had to double check it wasn't some weird fan made stuff.

LOL at the tower getting blown up. It's like I always said, the promise to keep your guardian was nothing more than a face import.

Fake news. SAD!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

tbh I would use zhalo more for B and C if it's muzzle flash wasn't so bad.
100000% better experiment into elemental primaries, turn Zhalo's seizure muzzle off. But yeah, of course you would, they're great Exotic perks.

Bolow posted:

Maybe they don't have a Bad Juju
Bad Juju is eternally loling as it melts the 50 enemies without shields then Curses sprays a runny dump all over the 1 with.

Mazerunner posted:

Who would ever if it lost B and C tho?

I'm not saying elemental damage on primaries has no place or is inherently stupid, I'm saying that Exotic perks make Exotic weapons and as those have none, faaaaarrrtttt.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I don't like the feel of Zhalo so I'd probably use my Adept Edict over it in Arc Burn but it's a moot point because I prefer using my Dreg's Promise in burns anyway

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

My bad idea prior to this patch was to just change Necrochasm to Void and bring the Mythoclast and Necrochasm into y3, so you cover the 3 elements. Though it's been a long time since I've used the Mythoclast, but it always felt like a scout rifle with much shittier range? Sounds cool as gently caress though

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bolow posted:

My bad idea prior to this patch was to just change Necrochasm to Void and bring the Mythoclast and Necrochasm into y3, so you cover the 3 elements. Though it's been a long time since I've used the Mythoclast, but it always felt like a scout rifle with much shittier range? Sounds cool as gently caress though

It's full auto so it's more like an AR.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

haveblue posted:

It's full auto so it's more like an AR.

Damage wise it's more comparable to a high impact scout isn't it? I remember ammo being a huge problem when using it

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Bolow posted:

Sameish idea, one exotic primary for each element. Solar Scout with basically Exploding Rounds and crit kills have a chance to leave a little hot spot like a self-rez nade , Void Pulse where crit kills have a chance to create a Hereafter effect but it's a little blackhole portal into the void of space and it does damage to nearby enemies, a low health tier one enemy may get sucked in. Some crap like that.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

hey hey hey guys

destiny is only going to last another 6 months so who gives a poo poo. the new exotic primaries are to give us something to collect while we wait for destiny 2.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Just learned of Destiny 2 via a Twitter ad with the trailer. It looked so bad I had to double check it wasn't some weird fan made stuff.

LOL at the tower getting blown up. It's like I always said, the promise to keep your guardian was nothing more than a face import.

Lmao if you give a poo poo at all about keeping your guardian

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
The coolest guns are the ones that make things explode, firefly, necrochasm, icebreaker etc...

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

texaholic posted:

The coolest guns are the ones that make things explode, firefly, necrochasm, icebreaker etc...

Yeah. This is the truth right here.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

texaholic posted:

Title of Destiny 2 thread

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Sleeper Simulant is the best exotic because it sounds the best and you can randomly kill yourself with it

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

texaholic posted:

Having a fireteam full of people in the abyss with the new necrochasm is a riot

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Necrochasm is legit the best gun in the entire game for pvp or PvE right now

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I want a game with presentation from Zavala and gameplay from Cayde, with the ghost replaced by the consciousness of Eris Morn

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

signalnoise posted:

I want a game with presentation from Zavala and gameplay from Cayde, with the ghost replaced by the consciousness of Eris Morn

FINGERTIPS ON THE SURFACE OF MY MIND

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Wildly disagree, it was always the best gun.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Better than First Curse???

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
https://twitter.com/_mantis_/status/847934507583918081

I guess the fix for the self-res bug caused a loving hilarious regression. Murdaro is sitting in a match right now where everyone is dead and the round won't end. It's a flawless match and nobody wants to back out and take the loss.

https://twitter.com/luminosity48/status/847936175104905216

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 31, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mikey-San posted:

https://twitter.com/_mantis_/status/847934507583918081

I guess the fix for the self-res bug caused a loving hilarious regression. Murdaro is sitting in a match right now where everyone is dead and the round won't end. It's a flawless match and nobody wants to back out and take the loss.

https://twitter.com/luminosity48/status/847936175104905216

jfc

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Walked into a gamestop to order the limited edition Destiny 2 because I found out I'm going to be gone that weekend and don't want a package on my porch for three days (and ten dollars for release day delivery is a loving sham, I've got amazon prime and I am used to paying nothing for it).

They gave me the Cayde 6 figurine and I have to say, I'm surprised at how well well-painted and nice it looks. It's a little silly with the big head style but it's not out of place sitting on my bookstand with Commander Riker and my 149.99 Dinklebot.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Holy gently caress finally got necro and it owns

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I reinstalled the game today and I really like the multiplayer changes. Last time I played shotguns were everywhere and sticky grenades didn't do any damage. I also always wanted to try No Land Beyond. Using it with a sidearm is super fun.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I paid $5 for a preorder just for the Cayde figure at Gamestop, but while you can buy the digital preorder from them, you have to come back to the store and to the code... Or you can just buy PSN cards and then preorder on PSN and not have to leave the house. :shrug:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Roman posted:

I paid $5 for a preorder just for the Cayde figure at Gamestop, but while you can buy the digital preorder from them, you have to come back to the store and to the code... Or you can just buy PSN cards and then preorder on PSN and not have to leave the house. :shrug:

I am a sucker for dumb nerd poo poo so I want the Cabal box and the steel book. I will be 34 when Destiny 2 is released.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I'm just gunna wait until PSN has some deal and preorder it because while I enjoy destiny I am cheap as poo poo

absolomb
Nov 26, 2004
Putting the "emo" back in "chemotherapy".
I'm going to buy the game, either at a store or online.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

absolomb posted:

I'm going to buy the game, either at a store or online.

:eyepop:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Online makes more sense, imho. Destiny is a pseudoMMO and most of the data will come from the net anyway, and having a dvd just waiting to get scratched seems a bad deal.

"Sorry friends, I can't raid this night, my Destiny blueray is scratched" would be superweak.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Buy the game y'all think of the mara sov cosplayers

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Also you have to buy special DVD's with little brushes on them to clean and optimize the laser beam inside your console or else you won't be able to read data off the disc, and who in this day and age wants to deal with that?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I am gonna illegally d/l the game for PC like I did with poo poo back in the 2000s. No idea if that poo poo works but I am gonna find out.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

texaholic posted:

I am gonna illegally d/l the game for PC like I did with poo poo back in the 2000s. No idea if that poo poo works but I am gonna find out.

Uhhh mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

actionjackson posted:

Holy gently caress finally got necro and it owns

I went into a private match with some very very very good players who came back to the game recently (we are talking cheesefactory class) and took my necro. They had been scriming for a bit so while they were probably rusty they weren't totally out of form.

I should not have won a single 1v1 vs any of these guys but necro was shredding them.

• Locked thread