Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
The Sylvester Stallone movie Oscar is better than a vast majority of contemporary movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Except mexican spanish, which is excellent and cool and a real language for adults
This smacks so hard of sarcasm but I agree with this unironically.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Tubgoat posted:

This smacks so hard of sarcasm but I agree with this unironically.

No it’s 100% real. Mexico rules. Mexican accents rule. Most things about Mexico, besides the weather, rule as far as I can tell. We used to visit all the time when I was little, before the dumbass Bush-era passport requirements happened.

E:clearly the solution is a miles-deep set of walls rather than north american cooperation am i right

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 20:35 on Mar 20, 2019

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

clearly the solution is a miles-deep set of walls rather than north american cooperation am i right
This, wholly ironically.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

MizPiz posted:

The Sylvester Stallone movie Oscar is better than a vast majority of contemporary movies

I haven't seen Oscar, but your post is also true about the Sylvester Stallone movie Daylight

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
College sports bands are just weird and offputting. They put so much effort in to their dances and chants and poo poo, but nobody cares, they are just annoying when you're at the game. Especially the football halftime shows with the marching bands. Sometimes you see them become hits on youtube doing wacky video game garbage, but no, it's still lame. It will never not be lame.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
PHUO: "Entertainment" that no one actually wants is explicitly to DEmoralise people/make sure they know their opinion doesn't matter/is subordinate to the whims/desires of the ownership class. Muzak, college sports bands and American tabloid "news" (Good Morning America, Today, Entertainment Tonight, etc) shows are all prime examples.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I'm not exactly sure what you're even trying tosay but I'm sticking to my opinion of them being extremely lame, no matter how many hit songs and cool dances they come up to do with their tubas and poo poo.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I'm trying to say that, instead of appealing to the lowest common denominator, for whose benefit we assume they are there, they are there to gaslight people with still-functioning brains.
Team owners: "WHOO! GET PUMPED FOR THESE LAME MOTHERFUCKERS! YEAH! IF YOU THINK THEIR ROUTINE AND MUSIC SELECTION IS LAME, YOU'RE A HATER AND DON'T APPRECIATE ALL THE HARD WORK THEY PUT INTO CHOREOGRAPHY ETC!"
All fans, players, dancers, singers, etc: *shifts uncomfortably, trying desperately to disguise the fact that if they were offered immediate painless death, they would take it* "Hoo... ray?? Whoo."

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

i mean i'm here to watch a sport, not a bunch of pasty overweight nerds bob their flutes up and down while they make a pacman on the field. It's just shameful, like they all know, and we all know, that th ey would never get an audience aside from their parents unless they force it upon people, but in reality everyone treats it as a bathroom+food break. Nobody (except their parents and other fellow pasty overweight nerds) actually sticks around to watch them.

and yeah i'm kind of a hypocrite because i don't mind cheerleaders, because...well...I don't have a valid reason, but I'm sticking to it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
You guys should see what the bands at historically black colleges are like.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

You guys should see what the bands at historically black colleges are like.

I've watched drumline, that was pretty cool. I was exposed to the university of florida band for 9 years though and they are like the opposite of cool and I'd always end up getting seats by their section and wanting to shove a tuba up someone's rear end. How many loving times can you play the gator bait thing per game? A hell of a lot, apparently. And you can't just ignore it, you've got to do the chomp thing or people start looking at you funny and you might get called Not a Real Fan.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I've watched drumline, that was pretty cool. I was exposed to the university of florida band for 9 years though and they are like the opposite of cool and I'd always end up getting seats by their section and wanting to shove a tuba up someone's rear end. How many loving times can you play the gator bait thing per game? A hell of a lot, apparently. And you can't just ignore it, you've got to do the chomp thing or people start looking at you funny and you might get called Not a Real Fan.

At least it’s not Boomer Sooner.

If you think that’s lame try going to a school with Division III athletics that also has a marching band for some reason. With bagpipes.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

At least it’s not Boomer Sooner.

If you think that’s lame try going to a school with Division III athletics that also has a marching band for some reason. With bagpipes.

Ok, now that you put it that way I feel slightly blessed.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ok, now that you put it that way I feel slightly blessed.

The worst part is that bagpipes make me feel nostalgic now.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the zoomers will keep our planet from plummeting into a state of utter disrepair

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

speaking of college sports...people who join ncaa tournament brackets and just have a final four full of 1/2 seeds don't know what they're doing. They might be right, but they probably won't win much money even if they are. It's gambling when money is involved, and picking the crowd favorite just is a negative EV play. It's absurd how many brackets pick duke to win it all. Yeah they probably will, but are you in here to be right or make money? It's called march madness for a reason, you can't just pick all chalk.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

speaking of college sports...people who join ncaa tournament brackets and just have a final four full of 1/2 seeds don't know what they're doing. They might be right, but they probably won't win much money even if they are. It's gambling when money is involved, and picking the crowd favorite just is a negative EV play. It's absurd how many brackets pick duke to win it all. Yeah they probably will, but are you in here to be right or make money? It's called march madness for a reason, you can't just pick all chalk.

That’s why you join a pool that encourages upset picks. Especially because lower seeds have been going further and further in recent years.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

That’s why you join a pool that encourages upset picks. Especially because lower seeds have been going further and further in recent years.

Wofford has to be a lock to go deep, I mean, it took me a while to realize it, but they've got a dude named Fletcher Magee. Nobody with that name should be that good at basketball. He clearly made a deal with a leprechaun or something, and I'm rolling with it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Wofford has to be a lock to go deep, I mean, it took me a while to realize it, but they've got a dude named Fletcher Magee. Nobody with that name should be that good at basketball. He clearly made a deal with a leprechaun or something, and I'm rolling with it.

They’re even smaller than my aforementioned bagpipe school which makes it insane that they’re seeded as high as 7.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

They’re even smaller than my aforementioned bagpipe school which makes it insane that they’re seeded as high as 7.

It's even more nuts considering they could have had that Zion dude that went to Duke. A college with like 1500 students that would have definitely been a solid 2-3 seed, maybe even a 1, in that conference is just insane. It makes you wonder how that happens. Like what rich dude went there and left his riches behind to build crazy basketball teams.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I'm sure the french are ok, but they are much less tolerant of my bad attempts at their language than the swiss were. The german swiss were nice about it, the genevans were arrogant/rolling eyes about it. You would think they'd give you some credit for at least not being the "any of y'all frenchies speak AMERICAN?" tourist, but no, you are treated the same way for your bad french.

Francophone countries are ridiculously lovely about their stupid garbage language and people who don't speak it/speak it the right way. Even more so than we Americans are about our stupid garbage language.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Girl Scout cookies don't taste that great. I rather buy anything from Mrs. Fields.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

Girl Scout cookies don't taste that great. I rather buy anything from Mrs. Fields.

Even if they were the greatest cookies in the world I wish they'd stop posting up at the exit of grocery stores. I just came out of a place that sells better cookies for cheaper, get out of my face small person who I can't be mean to without society thinking i'm some kind of monster.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Even if they were the greatest cookies in the world I wish they'd stop posting up at the exit of grocery stores. I just came out of a place that sells better cookies for cheaper, get out of my face small person who I can't be mean to without society thinking i'm some kind of monster.

It's an excellent sales tactic. You made a girl cry because you wouldn't buy a delicious box of cookies for $5? Wow, you're a real loving rear end in a top hat pal.

Whoever came up with that is a goddamn genius.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Girl Scout cookies are amazing, but the price goes up each year while the amount of cookie(s) you get goes down, and that's loving bullshit.

Also, those kids need better face memory, it's kind of a massive faux pas to solicit the same person 5 times in the same 20-minute grocery store visit.

Does anyone remember when they were like $2 a box? I swear this happened in my lifetime. Has the cost of ingredients really gone up that much?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gundam is the best science fiction TV/movie franchise

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tubgoat posted:

Girl Scout cookies are amazing, but the price goes up each year while the amount of cookie(s) you get goes down, and that's loving bullshit.

Also, those kids need better face memory, it's kind of a massive faux pas to solicit the same person 5 times in the same 20-minute grocery store visit.

Does anyone remember when they were like $2 a box? I swear this happened in my lifetime. Has the cost of ingredients really gone up that much?

I'm an unapologetic fan of those terrible $1 chocolate bars that little league teams and such sell and they have gotten smaller and smaller every year. I swear I'm going to buy an entire box of the almond ones one of these days.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Gripweed posted:

Gundam is the best science fiction TV/movie franchise

G Gundam is the only Gundam worth watching

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm an unapologetic fan of those terrible $1 chocolate bars that little league teams and such sell and they have gotten smaller and smaller every year. I swear I'm going to buy an entire box of the almond ones one of these days.

those are pretty good, but I always favored the caramel ones.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Calling your lovely candy company 'World's Finest Chocolate' is one hell of a scam.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Danaru posted:

Reminder that the English VA for Domon Kasshu went on to become an orthopedic surgeon.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Danaru posted:

sounds like someone hasn't watched 0080, Thunderbolt, Iron-Blooded Orphans, Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam Zeta, Turn A Gundam, Reconguista in G, or Gundam Wing

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Tubgoat posted:

I helped run popcorn sales for the cub scouts - basically the same thing, but with even more unjustifiable prices. It is a hard loving sell for a second grader to convince an adult to buy a $20 bag of semi-stale popcorn.

Anyway, the secret for making sure your kids don’t beg from the same stranger twice is to align your table parallel to the doors instead of perpendicular. That way, they’re only really making eye contact with people going one direction.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Gripweed posted:

sounds like someone hasn't watched 0080, Thunderbolt, Iron-Blooded Orphans, Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam Zeta, Turn A Gundam, Reconguista in G, or Gundam Wing

Wow that’s a lot of good Gundam Series and also Gundam Wing

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Blue Moonlight posted:

I helped run popcorn sales for the cub scouts - basically the same thing, but with even more unjustifiable prices. It is a hard loving sell for a second grader to convince an adult to buy a $20 bag of semi-stale popcorn.

Anyway, the secret for making sure your kids don’t beg from the same stranger twice is to align your table parallel to the doors instead of perpendicular. That way, they’re only really making eye contact with people going one direction.

Little bastard was literally patrolling the exit/entryway, like an AI enemy designed to send out an alarm.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tubgoat posted:

Little bastard was literally patrolling the exit/entryway, like an AI enemy designed to send out an alarm.

well there's a very simple way to get around them then. put a bucket over their head and walk away. they wont notice a thing, just like skyrim NPCs

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Yeah my mate's stepdad is the manager of this particular grocer and the kids' parents were less than 10 feet away so that's a no-go.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Whoever decided how irish is spelled should be shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Whoever decided how irish is spelled should be shot

Why? :confused: